Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM
Customer Discussions > Mao: The Unknown Story forum

About Chang's new book

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 6, 2006 9:11:59 PM PDT
Kin Chung Ng says:
Even as a Chinese living in the United States for more than thirty years, I don't that any words written by these authors should be believed.

K. C. Wu from New York

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2006 10:44:25 PM PDT
C. Alexander says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2006 5:49:13 AM PST
Soxdawger says:
I did not read the book. However, it's kind of silly to say Mao only cared for power. Otherwise he wouldn't have starved as a teenager going to schools that give him not much chance to make money, etc. He could have made profit from his family and be a powerful, rich peasant. Another thing is OF COURSE Mao wanted power, like ALL politicians (eg., George Bush, Jr or John F Kennedy.)! But to say he wanted solely power and not care about China is totally ludicrous. It's so easy to see that.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2006 6:11:56 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2007 2:33:37 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Apr 16, 2007 8:44:23 PM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 30, 2011 5:10:19 PM PDT
compsciguy says:
I agree...why are so many ppl denying the fact that millions of innocent ppl were massacred at the hands of Mao? I'm American, and I don't deny George Bush's bad presidency, nor Watergate, nor The Christian Crusades, nor 9/11. I do deny The Blair Witch Project, though. If just gives Wiccans a bad name.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Apr 6, 2006
Latest post:  Jun 30, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Mao: The Unknown Story
Mao: The Unknown Story by Jon Halliday (Paperback - 2006)
3.7 out of 5 stars (457)