Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: About Fifty
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: Amazon Video|Change
Price:$2.99

on February 22, 2012
It's so true. You hit a certain age and 1) Your checking an box on surveys that makes you cringe, 2) you become your parent's parent, 3) you now remind the people you want to date of their parents (ouch), 4) you know that based on your portfolio you'll have to work until your dead - but at what?

ABOUT FIFTY is an honest and smile-inducing look at this unique "bend in the road." Simple, clear and funny where it should be. Wonderful story telling, great use of location and a fabulous cast.
on June 30, 2013
This movie was okay, well acted, good filming. It's essentially another version of 'Sideways' (which was much funnier and much better). 2 50-something guys having a mid-life crises, so they get in their Porsche and drive to Palm Springs to play golf and get laid. Of course, 1 of them is an emotional, mental wreck (from a separation) and the other is a sex-pig. You can fill in the blanks from here. I did not find this movie "a laugh out loud" affair. In fact, it was a bit dark and very sad in some ways. Perhaps it is because I am a 49 year old male who is probably entering my first, real mid-life crisis (though I have no idea what it is about yet).
I wouldn't say "Don't watch this"... but I definitely wouldn't recommend it if you are looking for a fun night of "laughing out loud".
on February 21, 2012
This is a road-trip movie that encompasses the spontaneity of youth coupled with the mortality of turning 50. It's honest, funny, and takes us inside the life of Adam, a divorced commercial editor recently marginalized by the next generation of hipsters. He takes a trip to Palm Springs with his carousing best friend to unwind from a recent string of bad news. The two gear up for some golf, some time with the ladies, and an adventure that comes full circle emotionally by the end of the movie. Wendie Malick is delightful in a supporting role, and the film is well produced. If you liked TNT's "Men Of a Certain Age", you'll dig "About 50".
on November 14, 2012
I watched "About Fifty" last night with my daughters and a few of their friends. It was getting late and we kept saying we would put in on pause and continue watching the following day...... but we just couldn't. It was wonderful and appealed to all of us regardless of our age difference. I found myself thinking about it during work the next day and the girls told me they did, as well.
It was so "comfortable"... I just don't know how else to describe how it made me feel....... and, yes... it most definitely made me feel. I hope more people experience this little slice of life you shared with us.
on February 22, 2012
Enjoyable movie throughout - start to finish it held my attention. I especially like how it came 'round full-circle. Acting was genuine and you kinda felt like you knew these people, we've all been there....I recommend this to anyone wants to sit back and enjoy a good movie.
on October 14, 2013
I didn't really think it much of a comedy either, unfortunately there is no genre yet to label this one! I enjoyed it, was nice to see a film for once of people being honest about aging! The reality was sweet! I do not know anything about golfing, and have even been to a tournament before! This film showed me more of how that works which was cool, The actors/actresses were awesome. I was surprised to see so many, so I read a couple (1 star) reviews about it being boring, slow and see how narrow minds could make such comments but make no mistake it's worth seeing and if your intelligent will really make you think when it's over!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon August 11, 2013
Deceptive poster. Wendy Malik (the only reason to watch this turkey) has a small supporting role with a dozen lines. The two protagonists are cardboard cutouts of pathetic middle aged men, who lost their jobs in entertaiment as writers? film editors? One is single and the other is on a trial separation from his wife. The two men embark on a week-end of fun, trying to recapture their youth. The dialogue is trite, the acting amateurish (except for Malik, always the consumate actor), and the comedy non-existant in this boorish dud. Fast forwarding came in very handy.
Save yourself the time and go watch paint dry instead, it's more entertaining than this downer.
on October 19, 2013
Really? I have to wrote 20 words to review a movie too? Thanks Amazon

It was a good movie (possibly very good), some scenes were super funny. Some poignant moments too but that is okay. It was a refreshing change of pace from lots of the other drivel and
so-not-funny movies listed as comedies.
on July 19, 2013
Plot: Two guys finally wake up and realize that they are 50 and not young anymore although they have continued to behave/live as such up to that moment of realization.

Comments: I have no idea why Wendy Malick's photo is center stage on the ad for this movie or why she is even listed as one of the top two credits. Name recognition? I personally have never heard of the other two main characters or even the second supporting young female character. Anyway, this movie is a man's movie I think. I think you can see that men have been boxed and packaged as this movie shows two metrosexuals and not two real men. I doubt real men exist in America any more except in some guy's inner voice. It is sad that men have been castrated and repressed but . . . they kinda allowed it to happen I guess. Anyway the movie is pretty honest. It isn't like they are crying with their wives over the birth of a baby or shown spooning someone. They have problems. Guy problems. They are detached. They appear to be heartless but of course are not . . . guys just show emotion differently. And the movie attempts to show them/deal with them (problems) as guys would instead of how women think guys would. So all in all pretty accurate. It is realistic in the way it shows metrosexuals from LA . . . how they behave too. I don't mean straight guys who want to be or really are gay. I mean men . . . straight men . . . who dress up to go play golf or care about their hair and socks etc. That is metrosexual to me. Just shallowness and immaturity too. Doesn't apologize for it or try to lift it up as something to aspire to by poking fun at it. It just shows it. It is really a great commentary on how Americas are now after the baby boomer destruction. People dying alone. People being found dead by accident as they were single and alone to begin with. People knowing no one to put down as their emergency contact. And while I can't stand most of these foul movies I would say the one guy cursing . . . that was more art than just art trying to corrupt/influence. That is how a guy like that would speak I think. The ending was incomplete and not really satisfying internally. But I have a feeling for these two people that is appropriate. Who even knows if lessons learned here that we saw as an audience will even stick for these two. We don't. Mostly won't in the case of the single guy.
on August 30, 2013
This movie depicts the realities, obligations, fears, frailties, fantasies and emotions faced by people who have turned 50. If you are far away from turning 50, you will get a glimpse of what is to come though the resonance in you may not be the same.