5.0 out of 5 stars Wide Open Music
Published on August 12, 2008 by Jeffrey W. Jarvis

1.0 out of 5 stars Avant garde, to say the least.
This one's not my cup of tea. I listened to the complete CD, and I have no desire to listen again. I need some structure in music, and this was completely without what I need.
Published on October 4, 2008 by J. J. Slemenda Jr.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wide Open Music, August 12, 2008
This review is from: About Time (Audio CD)
Paul Bley's music is not for everyone but for those for whom it is for - nothing else rings as true. Bley is one of the Greats among improvisational musicians. Over the years he has developed a deeply poetic dialect within the language of jazz that is all his own and is profoundly rewarding for those who take the time to learn it. Now in his 70's, his playing continues to open up new territory at a time when most players have long-since begun to stick with what they know. Listening to Paul Bley requires one to drop all preconceived notions and open up to to the music as it happens. It is definitely not music for someone who wants the security of hearing what they already know.

4.0 out of 5 stars Idiosyncratic music for those with big ears, October 3, 2008
This review is from: About Time (Audio CD)
Paul Bley is one of my favourite piano players. He is a totally original voice who refuses to give in to Father Time. This is a really great CD.

JWJ said it better than I did..

1.0 out of 5 stars Avant garde, to say the least., October 4, 2008

About Time
About Time by Paul Bley (Audio CD - 2008)
Rate and Discover Movies