Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Absolute Beginner's Guide to iPodTM and iTunesTM (3rd Edition)
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on July 14, 2004
Comprehensive, "user friendly", and superbly organized, The Absolute Beginner's Guide to iPod and iTunes quite literally provides neophytes with easy access to all the informtion any dedicated music fan could possible need in order to get the most out of this new wave of digital music tools whether utilizing a Windows or Mac platform. From the basics of audio CDs, to advanced customizing of music on an iPod, Brad Miser's The Absolute Beginner's Guide to iPod and iTunes nicely equips even those who have never explored digital audio to master their digital music using these tools. If you have an iPod or iTunes, then this 408-page compendium is the ultimate reference for you!
on December 10, 2004
I highly recommend this book to get a grasp on all the features of the fabulous Ipod. The author obviously has a good grasp in writing technical manuals. Well organized, easy to understand, bits of appropriate humor....this book will leave you with a great understanding of the workings of the Ipod, and well on your way to becoming a power user.
on September 7, 2007
Because of the reviews of others on Amazon I decided to take a look at this book and then I purchased it. Filled with tons of information. Easy to read, understand, explained well and enjoyable. You cannot go wrong with this book. I doubt even the inexperienced will have any problems using an iPod after reading this.
on January 2, 2008
The iPod is an intuitive device and most folks need only play with it to use most functions. The same thing is true for iTunes. It's when you have gone beyond the obvious and hit a snag or an annoyance that you find whether a reference is useful or not. This books does well at anticipating "second level" issues and provides good guidance. A good example is"compilations" which affects how you browse and hot music is organized. Through the index, I zeroed right in on how this works and setting it to my preference. I would recommend you start with this book whether an absolute beginner or just in need of a reference.
on December 17, 2007
I am new to the ipod experience. All the kids have had them for sometime. I was confused on all the little details which now seem simple due to this easy to read and understand book. Recommend it to all.
on May 12, 2007
Easy to follow along with your ipod in hand. Everything that I wanted to know about getting up and running with my iPod, and quite enjoyable too
on January 27, 2008
I knew absolutely nothing about iTunes or iPods..... This book is excellent - it's helped me sort everything out. It's clear, written in as simple language as you get with anything to do with computers and what I really love is that my screen actually matches the illustrations in the book. I'd recommend it to anyone starting out.
on June 9, 2007
As with any other piece of hardware, you can blunder through, but after spending a lot for the i-pod, get a good guide, as thi is it.
VINE VOICEon March 16, 2013
Try to get answers on any kind of problem and they aren't there, e.g., how do you reorganize the order of multiple discs (in an audiobook) when they show up out of order in iTunes? Terrible index as well. Info referenced in the book as covered earlier can't be found in the index. I can't believe all the five star reviews.

Looking for an alternative, I found "iPod & iTunes Visual Quick Tips" which I found much more useful. I liked the organization and the Index of the book much better than "Absolute". Perhaps if you read "Absolute" cover to cover, you'll get the answers that you need but as an accessible reference book I found my answers in "Visual" almost immediately. Then, knowing the terminology, I could find the same answers in "Absolute". Despite "Absolute" being, literally, five times bigger than "Visual', which is a convenient pocket size, the answers in "Absolute" were no more detailed or complete.
on July 28, 2009
This book has a lot of good information but while I was waiting for it to be delivered I checked out Scott Kelby's "The iPod Book" from the library. I like Scott's much better. "The iPod Book" by Scott is easier to read, has the same information, the pictures are in color, and it is very easy to navigate. I am returning the "Absolute Beginner's Guide" and ordering the book by Scott.