4.0 out of 5 stars Song Listing
Authentic guitar tab. American woman ; Bad to the bone ; For what it's worth (There's something happening here) ; Hotel California ; Maggie May ; Spanish fly ; Stairway to heaven ; Time is on my side ; Us and them ; Whole lotta love ; With arms wide open ; Woodstock

Published on October 5, 2011 by Robert M. Lindsey

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Advanced for Me
A well done book, but beware if you are not at an intermediate/advanced level. Chord positions are all over the fret board, tabs take lots of practice to play correctly.
Published 7 months ago by Bruce L. Packard

4.0 out of 5 stars Song Listing, October 5, 2011
Robert M. Lindsey (Pittsburg, Kansas, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Absolute Best Guitar Songbook Guitar Tab Edition (Paperback)

Easy guitar tab. After midnight ; Back in black ; Bad company ; Big yellow taxi ; Boulevard of broken dreams ; Cat's in the cradle ; China Grove ; Doctor my eyes ; Dr. Feelgood ; Gimme some lovin' ; If you could read my mind ; Jump ; Layla (unplugged) ; Long train runnin' ; Margaritaville ; Mr. Bojangles ; The reason ; Runnin' with the devil ; Sister golden hair ; Smooth ; Sunshine on my shoulders ; Sweet child o' mine ; Take it easy ; Taxi ; Truckin' ; Wake me up when September ends ; Watching the river run

"Strum and sing" lead sheets. Another brick in the wall (Part 2) ; Cocaine ; Eight miles high ; I'm a man ; Just what I needed ; Moondance ; Mrs. Brown you've got a lovely daughter ; One of these nights ; Only women bleed ; Question ; Roundabout ; Slow ride ; Time of the season ; Werewolves of London ; A whiter shade of pale

Classic standards with pro-style jazz chords. As time goes by ; At last ; Bewitched (Bothered and bewildered) ; Don't get around much anymore ; Embraceable you ; I could write a book ; I wanna be around (to pick up the pieces) ; I've got a crush on you ; Let's do it (Let's fall in love) ; More than you know ; Night and day ; Peter Gunn ; 'S wonderful ; Skylark ; Someone to watch over me ; They can't take that away from me ; Where or when ; You go to my head

Christmas songs. The first Noel ; God rest ye merry, gentlemen ; Have yourself a merry little Christmas ; Jingle bell rock ; Joy to the world ; O Christmas tree (O Tannenbaum) ; O holy night ; Silent night ; The twelve days of Christmas ; We three kings of Orient are

Classical guitar. Bourée / J.S. Bach ; Clair de lune / Claude Debussy ; Für Elise / Ludwig van Beethoven ; Greensleeves ; Pavane (Pour une infante défunte) / Maurice Ravel.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST!, January 26, 2011
A Kid's Review
Well, this book was probably one of the best I've ever seen. Has loads of popular songs for both finger-pickers and pick-users. You need to be a little above the average with your guitar to play most of the songs in here, I admit, some of them like Hotel California are quite difficult. But the shipping was fast and I enjoyed this book to the max. 5 out of 5 stars, definitely.

5.0 out of 5 stars Authentic guitar tabs for American Woman, Hotel California, Big Yellow Taxi, Moondance, and more, July 18, 2009
Authentic guitar tabs for American Woman, Hotel California, Big Yellow Taxi, Moondance, and more range from holiday music and classic standards to lead sheets for sing-alongs. Some 89 tunes are featured in a reference of guitar tabs and lyrics perfect for any modern musician's collection.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Advanced for Me, November 26, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars christmas gift, February 24, 2014
didn't have a clue what to get my niece for christmas, she never wants for anything. she loves playing the guitar and i came across this book and decided to take a chance and get it. what a great purchase, she loves it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Hate to say, anothe Hal Leonard flop, February 20, 2014
David W "Dave" (Clinton, Maine USA) - See all my reviews
This is NOT the best guitar songbook. Hal Leonard Corp. is slipping a bit in my view. I have bough so many books from them and usually very happy with them but not with this one. I thought the song selection was less than "the best" and chord selections were quite awkward as well. This may be a good fit for a professional musician but most of us are not.
A LOT of these chord progressions are VERY difficult and think it could have been dumbed down a bit so everyone could play the songs without having to substitute chords.
I'm a severely disabled Vet and have a problem with arthritis as well. A lot of these chords I just can't contort my hand enough to get them, four fret separations using all fingers (and toes).
Maybe it's just me but I guess I'm going to have to search for easier books. I've been doing very well with regular music books but this one is a bit over the top for me, physically and talent level wise.
On to the next one I guess. I love playing. It is a wonderful outlet as my health is failing.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, January 26, 2014
really useful book recomended for begginers or for advanced students that are learning the guitar and love playing a variety of songs

4.0 out of 5 stars Well !!, November 7, 2013
Well,the title is a little overkill but it is a very good book for the average guitar player,just very good!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars nice book, December 31, 2013
nice book for my son who is self taught. Now I can hear music I like instead of the stuff he picks up! haha

5.0 out of 5 stars What an excellent book, July 7, 2013
Great collection of songs done well and easily played. I have been looking for some more lively and popular music and this song got it

The Absolute Best Guitar Songbook Guitar Tab Edition
The Absolute Best Guitar Songbook Guitar Tab Edition by Hal Leonard Corp. (Paperback - August 1, 2008)
$24.95 $18.09