5.0 out of 5 stars Volume 3 is on the mature side, February 7, 2007
Lauren Edwards (Washington, DC United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Absolute Boyfriend, Vol. 3 (Paperback)
It's hard to review volume 3 without giving away major spoilers, since vol. 2 ended in such a huge cliffhanger, but I will try my best.

I personally think this is the best volume in the series so far. I literally read the book in one night because I couldn't put it down. Yuu Watase is phenomenal at the art of cliffhanging, and each chapter ends that way (ironically vol. 3 doesn't end with a strong cliffhanger). Night and Soshi's rivalry becomes stronger as Soshi begins to question who Night really is. Gaku Namikiri has a stronger role in this volume. No real leads into what Krono's Heaven really is, only that it's a pretty powerful company.

This volume is a lot more mature than the others, mainly because sex is the main subject throughout (and there's also nudity). You also get to see a different side to Night that's a lot more serious. It was interesting to see him act aggressively.

This was an excellent volume. I highly recommend that you invest in this series (which isn't much since I learned that there are only 6 vols in the whole series). I would love to see Absolute Boyfriend as an anime someday!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, December 9, 2012
Lauren Johnson (Santa Clara, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Absolute Boyfriend, Vol. 3 (Paperback)
When you want a boyfriend none are around, that is just how Riiko feels. On the path of desperation she signs up for a free trial for a robotic boyfriend. What can go wrong right? Nope, wrong! Riiko receives the extravagant Night, a hot and sexy man that only wants to please her.

Seriously this is one of the best manga I have ever read! It is filled with romance and comedy and enjoyable characters. I fell in love with every aspect of this series right from the beginning. There is an interesting love triangle that also develops, I had a hard time choosing which guy I would end up picking, you will have to see for yourself.

Riiko is just a doll! No, not literally, but cute nonetheless. She is always looking on the bright side of things and is protective of the ones she loves. Night is the epitome of every girls dream guy. He is so adorable when he is learning all of the different emotions and things Riiko is trying to teach him. Night is really cute when he starts becoming overprotective of Riiko.

I really wish they would make it into an anime!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute Favorite, May 7, 2007
This review is from: Absolute Boyfriend, Vol. 3 (Paperback)
Absolute Boyfriend is one of my favorite manga. The artwork is phonominal, and the jokes are just histerical! This manga needs a better overral score (because the first one isnt even about the book at all!!! >O<). I would highly reccomend this manga to anyone who likes shojo manga!

5.0 out of 5 stars Zulema Cervantes, March 7, 2014
I love this series there the best ever, I think they maybe as good as the black butler series and that is saying lot.!!!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great series!, March 15, 2013
De (Missouri) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Absolute Boyfriend, Vol. 3 (Paperback)
I like this series, but it isn't my favorite. The plot line is simple, and there aren't too many twists or turns, but it still keeps you engaged. I don't recommend this for people under the age of 13 because of its many sexual situations. There's a whole plot arc dedicated to intercourse so, I don't think it'd be right for someone young to read it. However, it does make for some hilarious turns of events and funny situations. Over all, I believe this book does meet my expectations, just because it is so humorous at times! This series isn't really like any other series I've read, and I discovered this about one year ago.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, December 26, 2012
This review is from: Absolute Boyfriend, Vol. 3 (Paperback)
This product came earlier than I expected, which was great. The packaging was very good and the book was not damaged at all.

Absolute Boyfriend, Vol. 3
Absolute Boyfriend, Vol. 3 by Yuu Watase (Paperback - February 6, 2007)
$9.99 $8.72