Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$1.99

on July 15, 2012
I read this book, Absolute Zero, when it first came out. (Disclosure: I proof read it along with William Burroughs) It was a great thriller then; and in hindsight, this book was the first thing I thought about when the terrorist attack happened on Sept. 11, 2001.
Read it and enjoy a thriller that will change your awareness of transportation.
It was way ahead of its time.
on June 30, 2001
I read 3-4 books a week for 30 years and more and I usually cannot find anything that is original and captivating. I was so shocked that this book was so good in developing the suspense and the character development was terrific, but what was really awesome was the technical data and research that was highly readable and educational and seamlessly fitted in. I just loved it!! I will buy anything this author writes in the future.
on October 25, 2013
I could not finish this book, so it is surprising I give it 3 stars. This is because when there is some action, it is well written and exciting. However the politics put me to sleep.

There are those that will like this kind of book. Indeed, you only have to look at the number of 4 and 5 star reviews to see this. Though I would not class this author with Clancy or Le Carre, this book reminds me of them. As I said before the action is there is you wait for it.
on September 23, 2012
I have to admit I've not completed the book yet, and may well give up on it. The plot is potentially interesting, although the few characters that are given more than a stereotypical introduction have not featured greatly so far. My biggest criticism though is that the author's, reasonably frequent, poor choice of words or phrases. This gives the impression that he is relying on a Thesaurus rather than an innate understanding or appreciation of the language. The opening paragraphs seemed cliched, and almost put me off before the book had had a chance to get going. Later in the text, the author has a tendency to misuse words in a way that, for me, immediately breaks the flow of the narrative. An example would be the paragraph "But the mutation in batch C73 had decimated the sample killing everything". Of the many words the author could have picked for that sentence, it seems a shame he picked "decimated"; a word with an interesting history and etymology, to describe killing one in every ten, but certainly not meaning to annihilate.
on October 20, 2014
The description of the book -" An African man carrying the virus has arrived unhindered in Dallas. Experts assure the public there is no cause for fear. But is there really nothing to fear" is absolutely a lie - there is nothing about this in the book. It is about people in cuba trying to release a virus in the U.S. Thought the book was mainly crap and boring.
on December 9, 2012
The writing did not grab, captivate or entice me to continue this story. I quit about the time little Timmy's friend Billy left the country...
There may be a lot of action later on, but too much mundane detail drove me to skimming, then quitting instead of hanging in there for the Big Finish.
on February 1, 2016
What if Ebola could be transformed to be as contagious as the flu? What if the Cubans and the Iranians could smuggle into America a dozen attache cases containing atomizers and fluid filled with the Ebola virus? What if they were heading for Chicago, where the President was attending a function that he refused to be evacuated from? What if a hard-working, honest farmer who lost his land and his wife unfairly decided to head to Chicago to blow up a bank he despised for having treated him callously? What does Ft. Detrick, where I spent two years, have to do with all this?

Gee, that would make a good story...and it does.
on May 24, 2014
I just can't get into this book. It may have a good plot, but the wordy, jerky dialogue is just too much punishment for me to consider continuing to try reading it. Perhaps a good editor would do some good.
on July 12, 2014
It is well written, and a great read! The only problem is, the author spends so much time setting up everything and investing in the characters, only to abruptly end it, that it is a let down. There was no epilogue, or wrap up, leaving the reader in the lurch as to how everyone and everything was after the explosion.
on October 21, 2014
Somebody is fibbing. This book is not about, "An African man carrying the virus has arrived unhindered in Dallas. Experts assure the public there is no cause for fear. But is there really nothing to fear?" There is only one reference to Dallas in the entire book with no respect to Ebola or even of any relevance to the story. Kind of sleazy. I want my money back!!