5.0 out of 5 stars This paranormal mystery/romance has completely charmed me
Published on February 9, 2011 by Esther Schindler

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun filled third book in series
Lucy Valentine is at it again, now that everyone knows she has a gift when it comes to finding lost items using her Cupid blessed talents to help find missing people as well as uniting lost loved ones. When a mysterious and sexy man dubbed The Lone Ranger starts throwing around money on the streets, it ends up causing chaos in Lucy' life as well as her new found...
Published 2 months ago by E. Heisler

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars This paranormal mystery/romance has completely charmed me, February 9, 2011
This review is from: Absolutely, Positively: A Lucy Valentine Novel (Mass Market Paperback)
Let me start out by saying: The worst thing about this novel is its name. As with the two earlier novels in the series (starting with Truly, Madly), the titles make these seem much fluffier and sillier than they are, as if they're one step above a Harlequin romance. Because the series -- including this book -- deserves more respect. Well, "respect" in the sense of "Just tell me a story that entertains me, holds my attention, and has fun characters I can care about." It's lighthearted and sweet but not sappy.

Maybe the problem is that Absolutely, Positively doesn't fit well in any genre. It's not quite a mystery (though there's certainly a mystery to be solved), not quite a fantasy (though our heroine Lucy Valentine does have a "magic spell" that she has to figure out how to use: the ability to find lost items), and not a standard romance novel (she got the guy in book #1... not like it was ever in doubt that she and Sean were meant for each other).

Instead, Absolutely, Positively is a tale about the clients whom Lucy and Sean serve -- a famous artist who's gone missing, a teenage sweetheart to track down -- and (as with the best cozy mysteries) the people around her. Webber really shines at this, because I love everybody from Grendel the three-legged cat to Preston, the journalist who's trying ever-so-hard to get a news scoop. There is plenty of humor, the sort that elicits a quiet smile rather than unfettered giggles.

In short, this is an easy read that would be absolutely perfect for a long plane trip or a beach read. Though I think you *do* need to have read the earlier books in the series to get the most out of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awsome addition to the Lucy Valentine books, February 21, 2011
Lynda Turpin (ANTELOPE, CA, US) - See all my reviews
I don't often pre-order books, but after reading the first two books in the Lucy Valentine series, I wanted to get Absolutely, Positively as soon as possible, so I pre-ordered it. Then, while I was waiting for it to come out, I re-read the first two books. Once I got this new Lucy book, I didn't put it down until it was done, and it did not disappoint. Lucy and her friends and family have become like friends and family to me as well. The Lone Ranger was a fun twist and the Em and Aiden situation is fun. I started liking Preston in the last book and I'm liking her even more now. I just can't say enough about my love for Lucy and company. The whole series is a "must read" and I hope that Heather continues to provide us with more of Lucy and her gang in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely, Positively Charming, February 4, 2011
It was great to see what was happening with Lucy, Sean, her family, and friends. The mysterious disappearance of Dovey's (Lucy's grandmother) friend and the fun appearance of the Lone Ranger throwing money in his wake make for a captivating mystery. I loved it. I can't wait for book four.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely, Positively Answers My Expectations, February 7, 2011
I was asked, "Did you like Heather's latest book?" My unqualified answer was "Absolutely, Positively." Considering this is a Heather Webber book, I set my expectations high. This book exceeded my hopes.

The Characters, Lucy, Sean, Aiden, Em, Dovey...on and on and do not forget our furry friends, are written with humor, comfort, and a level of 3-D that makes you forget you are in a fictional world and want to give them a call and go for a pizza and glass of wine.

The premise, in this case, mysteries abounded. Dog-napping, Missing Persons, Art thefts, missing jewelry, lost loves and murder were a few covered.

Lucy has psychic powers that we are learning were curtailed but now are expanding and the hints of what is to come made me want to telephone Ms. Webber and demand, "When is the next book out?" Alas, I'm not privy to Ms. Webber, but wish I was.

The love story which flows throughout the book was so deftly handled that I held my breath. My wife, in fairness to disclosures, is a defibrillator recipient and she was very nervous to read about Sean's attack. It was handled with an honesty and eloquence that she stood up and applauded with tears.

Five stars really are too few for this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, February 18, 2014
The two mysteries were intriguing and the characters were all as quirky as always. The relationship between Em and Aiden and Lucy and Sean seemed to be developing painfully slowly. Overall, this is a great series and one that you won't regret reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely, positively a great series!, August 3, 2013
No doubt about it. I am absolutely, positively, sure that I loved this book.
Lucy is doing well in her new job of reuniting lost lovers, working closely together with Preston, almost becoming friends. But this new case might just be way over her head, when the man she has been asked to find, appears to be a master criminal. The story told by her client though, is heart breaking, and Lucy is sure there must be some redeeming qualities in Tristan Roarke. Otherwise, Meaghan would not be still in love with him. But Tristan is undoubtedly dangerous, and he keeps scaring Lucy until he gets or finds what he wants. But it is up to Meaghan to decide if she wants contact or not. And when Tristan gets involved in a murder case of his former foster father, both the FBI and the local police are on the lookout for him.

The other case Lucy and Sean are working on, involves a missing person. A long time friend of her grandmother's, and Dovie has asked them to look for Mac Gladstone. He has disappeared a month ago, leaving his beloved dog and all his possessions behind. His daughter Jemima and her husband (former one night rock star Rick Hayes) seem to be so sure he is dead, and Rick is already talking about having him declared dead, so Jemima can inherit.

Searching through Mac's study, they do find some clues, and Lucy ends up taking Mac's beloved dog Rufus with her, as Jemima has had enough of the dog and wants him gone. Her daughter Christa is heartbroken about it, she was the one taking care of Rufus. But her mother is determined, and rather than allowing the sweet golden retriever and his rubber chicken to the shelter, she takes him home with her. But knowing her three legged cat Grendel is not going to be happy about it, she leaves him at Dovie's. Her grandmother is protesting about it, but Lucy knows she already loves the dog by the time she and Sean leave for her little cottage.

Did Mac commit suicide, did he disappear because he wanted to, or is there something else going on? Rick Hayes is talking about a reality show about his life, something Mac really opposed, and did not want to fund. So with Mac out of the way, the show might go live after all. Uprooting his daughter from her last year in highschool, and showing her pain on camera seems to be something Rick is actually looking forward to, as it will up the viewer stats.

Still, Lucy is not convinced Mac is dead, and following the only clue they have, a hideous orange sweater bought in a consignment shop, she will be trying for the first time if her powers work in that case.

On the personal side, Lucy is very much in love with Sean, but still afraid of Cupid's Curse. Sean is looking for a new place to live, now his brother has told him, he has outstayed his welcome. This is perhaps more due to his suddenly incontinent little doggie. She would love to have Sean living with her for real, he is over at her place a lot of time already, but still unsure. It is just so early in their relationship yet.
Lucy is also getting used to having a brother, and getting to know him. Her father is trying to get him involved in the family business, as he is the only one besides her father, who can see aura's to match couples. But so far, Cutter is refusing.
And what is with this strange dating thing between her parents? They have been living happily separated for so long now. Can her mother really trust that her father will stay this time? But things will change anyway, with Raphael moving out as well, to live with his new lady love. Her father also gets a little of what he deserves though.

So, lots of things are happening in Lucy's life, some good, some to be seen. I loved her sleuthing, and the little surprises on the way. It are the small details that make a good mystery, and I have to be honest, I did expect the truth about the murder case. But the missing person case was the most intriguing and fun to read about.
I have to admit, I was in tears s well when Rufus disappeared into the night while Lucy was walking him, and she could not find him again. Later on, I did suspect the truth, but nevertheless, it tugged on my heartstrings.

Heather Webber sure knows how to write characters you fall in love with, who feel like close friends. I love the paranormal/psychic twists in the book, and the settings of the story. I am looking forward to the next one.

9,5 stars.

© 2013 Reviews by Aurian

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely, Positively Loved it!, February 21, 2011
I love Lucy Valentine! Heather Webber never disappoints. I really hope that this series will continue in the future. I love all of Webber's zany characters and hope i get to see what the future holds for them!! A fourth book in the series would be awesome. I bought this novel the day it came out and i really hope there will be others to follow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to the series, February 19, 2011
Lucy Valentine comes from a long line of matchmakers who's matching records are phenomenal due to their abilities to see auras and thus compatibility. Unfortunately Lucy does not have this talent. She has taken her talent for finding lost items and spearheaded a division of her matchmaking company to find lost loves. She pairs her company with the private eye company upstairs run by Sean Donahue and his brother. Sean also happens to be the love of her life, but she is afraid to pursue the relationship due to the Valentine curse--the family matches don't live happily ever after!

In this, the third book, in the series we find Lucy and her cast of quirky characters trying to find out the identity of the "The Lone Ranger" who throws $20 bills around town, find a missing man, missing paintings, and of course a lost love from someone's teen years.

There is clever engaging dialogue in Webber's books as well as a decent plot. Characters for the most part are fleshed out and become more real as her series develop. All in all, Webber has developed a wonderful paranormal/cozy series. And, if like me, you don't really care for full-blown paranormals, this is a great series for you--the characters and plot are more important than the paranormal aspects. There are plenty of paranormal moments, but unlike many books, the story remains focused on the characters and mystery rather than the woo woo!
!o

5.0 out of 5 stars We love Lucy!, February 16, 2011
The third installment of this delightful series did NOT disappoint! Between Lucy Valentine's friends, family, clients, Preston....well, let's just say there's plenty of drama to keep Lucy busy.

"The Lone Ranger" is still at it, tossing $20 bills around then disappearing. Then Lucy notices her mum is dressing and acting differently, making her wonder what's going on. Add in a missing man she's asked by her mum and Dovie to find, and a client searching for the boy she loved when she was in the foster care system and soon the game is definitely on!

Soon Lucy encounters an aging rocker, the FBI and a paroled criminal...takes in a dog that's lost his master...and deals with her continued doubt about her relationship with Sean due to Cupid's Curse. Yep...PLENTY of drama!

All the familiar characters are there, although some not as prominently as in the first two books. We learn more about several of them as relationships change & progress.

Now...I have to wait for Book 4 and HOPE HOPE HOPE there will be more in this series!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lucy Captivates Again!, February 8, 2011
AKH2001 "akh2001" (Washington, DC USA) - See all my reviews
One of the things I love so much about Heather Webber's Lucy Valentine series is how real Lucy is to the reader.

Sure, she's the "black sheep" psychic who can find lost objects in a family that sees auras but her vulnerability to life experiences, love and the people around her is what makes the series so relatable. I can't find lost objects or see auras but I do know what it's like to not feel I can trust a friend, or the be afraid of my feelings for the perfect guy or to fall on my butt in slush.

Wrapped around Lucy's relatability is a damn fine mystery with a dashing perhaps dangerous art thief, a missing artist, a stranger flinging cash around Boston, the FBI, broken shoe heels and an aging rock star with reality show aspirations.

The third book in the series is jsut as good as the first two books and I expect this series will only get better as it goes on. Heather Webber has a winner in this series!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Absolutely, Positively: A Lucy Valentine Novel
Absolutely, Positively: A Lucy Valentine Novel by Heather Webber (Mass Market Paperback - February 1, 2011)
Used & New from: $0.01