Automotive Deals Summer Reading Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports STEM

on March 29, 2000
This book is a fabulous resource for anyone looking for help working the Overeaters Annonymous Program or with food issues. It is a complilation of different member's experiences with Abstinence. This can be a difficult topic to understand and this book helps by presenting a varied selection which represent a broad spectrum of opinions and proven strategies for recovery.
I highly recommend this book to anyone dealing with food issues. "The Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions of Overeaters Anonymous" and "A New Beginning - Stories of Recovery from Relapse" are two more great books on this issue.
on August 27, 2004
As I have been working with the program of Overeaters Anonymous I am absolutely amazed at the changes that have occured in my life. This book is another one of those wonderful books that has helped ease me along in the very difficult task of changing and overcoming my eating disorder.

This book is a compiliation of many different OA members across the United States struggles and triumphs with Abstinence (from overeating). Their stories help you realize that many others go through those struggles every day the way you do with food. Many have been abstinent for 25 or more years. Many are newly abstinent.The stories are interesting to read and helpful. An excellent book for member of OA, overeaters or binge eaters.
on April 16, 2009
I have been in and out of OA for 26 years...this is the best piece of OA literature I have ever purchased. The stories really resonate with me. We do a Abstinence Book study where we read a story, write on how the story relates to us then we share in the meeting. Quite helpful.
on June 22, 2014
Really surprised (sorry) how much I got out of this one, the first few chapters alone were worth the purchase. Thanks to all the writers for the great encouraging words.
A def must read to any one looking for help.
on July 15, 2016
I'm only half way thru it, but it is giving me a much better perspective on how to deal with being an over eater as a newbee to the program .
Well worth the cost and I think it will be a priceless resource going froward.
on July 7, 2013
Although I did not follow all the steps of the program (which are listed in the book), the writing of members sharing their stories was an inspiration and kick-started my healthier eating habits and made them easier to stick with. Poems, personal stories and insights fill the categorized section of this book and serve as testimonials that success is possible, and I was able to achieve my own goals with the inspiration of this book. Good Luck!
on November 24, 2012
I have this book on my Kindle and love reading each share. It's real ESH, things which happen to us which we're not even aware of. This books simply shows us how this disease will have us thinking we are normal in our eating behaviors.
on December 5, 2012
Any time I am in need of experience, strength, or hope, or need encouragement to stay on my food plan, I can read a story or two in this book and get what I need.
on September 21, 2012
This book is full of wonderful stories about the strugle for abstinance. The shared experience, strength and hope in these pages is encouraging. A must have for anyone who is working the program.
on January 10, 2011
This book is targeted to overeaters and others with eating disorders. I suppose anyone with an addiction could get something out of it. It's full of wisdom and real life experiences.