Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc DJ Shadow Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on March 10, 2012
I put this reel on an Ugly Stik Tiger rod and it is one of the absolute best combinations I have seen for monster catfish. The reel is very smooth and handles large flathead cats with ease. Don't think you can go wrong here on this great reel that definately handles the "big ones" with authority! I have owned mine for quite some time now and no problems with it so far.
on April 3, 2012
AWESOME!!! This reel completely eliminated my backlashes. I have cast it a dozen times with all my strength and not even once did I get a backlash. I was able to cast extremely far with this reel, with no worries. The only complain I have about it, is the weight. But other then that, this reel is great!
on August 24, 2012
I had 7000 iCS PRO Rocket since August 3, 2012 I purchased it from www.amazon.com. I went fishing with that reel on August 4, 2012. At the beginning reel was working great, but after about 3 hours as I was casting the bait and releasing mechanical brake on the left side for further casting distance, mechanical brake nut on the right side of the reel popped out. With a mechanical brake on the right side popped out I started reeling my 65 lb. braid onto the spool. After reeling few yards of line reel started to make strange noise like one of gears was rubbing against something. Once I got all my line on the spool I popped the brake nut that came out back in, reel seemed to be working fine without any rubbing noise. Few hours later I ran into the same problem; mechanical brake nut located on the right side of the reel came out. Other than that before breaking, reel worked great with an excellent casting distance.

I sent the reel to one of the Abu Garcia's authorized service center's with letter explaining the problem and asking for replacement, they received it on august 9th. I called them a week later on august 16th they said that they have not had a chance to look at my reel yet because they have lot of things going on there. I decided to wait another week. On august 23rd I called them again the answer I got was, "we ordered a needed replacement part from Abu Garcia and we are waiting for it to arrive", I asked how log does it usually take for them to receive part from Abu Garcia they said that if Abu Garcia has a part it will take another 10 days to receive that needed part and if they don't have that part then obviously we need to wait until they do. I mean are you kidding me?? I had this reel for 2 days used it for 3 hours it broke and now who knows when they will fix it and when I'll get it back??

I hope I just got a defective item because after researching if there are other people having problems with this model I have not found any serious complains about it and in fact huge majority of people are very happy with this model!

But I'm not happy with poor service quality from the authorized service center at all.

Waited 3 weeks they still have not received the part, and still did not know when they will. I called Abu Garcia office in Iowa directly they asked me to ship that reel to them. I called authorized service center and asked them to ship my reel to Abu Garcia. Abu Garcia office got it on Friday and I received my reel back on Thursday next week :).

In the end I was extremely happy about the way that Abu Garcia handled my issue. Can't wait to take it out fishing this coming weekend!
on January 22, 2013
This reel reminds me of the quality that Abu used to build into their smaller in-shore reels. I was reluctant to buy it because I had a very bad experience with 2 of their smaller reels in the past 5 years. However, this reel can cast very, very far and smooth and seems to stand up to the abuses of shore casting and kayak fishing.
on March 4, 2014
haven't fished since I bought it, but just threading it and playing
around with it in the yard has been great! can't wait to hit the river or the
ocean with this and make my first big catch.
on September 11, 2014
My grandson loves this reel and fishes all the time, I am sure he will get the next one that comes out.
on August 11, 2014
Nice reel. Only thing I don't like is the clicker and it may be I just don't know how it works.
on June 21, 2011
I use this real for bottom fish and tuna off the Oregon coast. All round good performing real and line capability. Would recommend this reel for most medium size fish, 10-60lb.
on September 12, 2013
I bought this as a gift for my husband and he loves it. He uses it mostly for surf fishing, as it is a larger profile reel. According to him, it is great quality and casts smoothly.
on August 23, 2011
I had my reservations about this reel at first based upon the fact that it is manufactured in China. After scouring the internet I decided to chance it and ordered the reel. It looks and feels great. I could not see a noticeable difference in fit and finish from my abu 6500 which is of Swedish origin. The brake system is awesome for casting and the reel is smooth in the retrieve. So far it has performed flawlessly and has landed 5 channel cats between 5 and 12 pounds. My only complaint is no flatheads yet, but that is not the reels fault.