Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on May 3, 2011
I have just received it from Amazon. It works perfectly well. There is some level of training needed. The point that touches the screen is made of a kind of rubber ball. You need to make more pressure than you would do with a regular pen. The rubber ball point is not stiff so it doesn't scratch the srceen. It changes its form while you press it so it worries me if one day it will break. Anyway, by this price I think it is a good stylus, nice collor (blue) and the writing is perfect.
on March 29, 2011
I like the smaller pencil shape of this stylus compared to others that are more like a large pen. This has what almost feels like a hollow rubber ball at the tip. It glides very smoothly without sticking.
on May 14, 2011
I have been shopping for a few weeks for a stylus for my droid 2 and galaxy tab and I definitely made the right choice. I have used other cheaper styluses in the past and found them spoungy and not very accurate. This one has a nice firm feel to the pen itself and also the tip, while it does not seem (on viewing) that it would be crisp and accurate it is the most accurate one I have used to date. If you are looking for a great stylus this is it!
on August 6, 2011
This is a great tool, but after using it with my iPad II for a month I found that I really didn't need it. For those of us who don't send text messages, it was helpful at first, but I learned how to handle my iPad II without it. I think it would be very helpful to people with unsteady hands, or arithis.
on June 20, 2011
This stylus arrived earlier today and I have spent much of the evening testing it out. So far, it is nearly everything I hoped for!

This is sized much like a ballpoint pen, which makes it incredibly easy to hold and manipulate for long periods and tedious work - such as typing this with my tablet's built-in keyboard. So far, the rubber ball end has held up well - I haven't felt it pull unnaturally yet - but I worry that I will eventually kill it simply because the large size makes it vulnerable to excessive force! However, I haven't needed to apply much pressure to my tablet's screen, which is a good sign for its longevity.

The tether slides perfectly into the headphone jack and would be absolutely perfect for keeping the stylus handy except that I seem to have gotten a flawed tether - the end that clips onto the stylus has a silver hook rather than a full clasp. However, I'm sure this can be fixed with a replacement - just be sure to check that this works before throwing away the packaging!
on July 18, 2011
I had the stylus for barely a week and it was clipped to my ipad case. My son went to take it off and pulled on the pen instead of sliding it and the pocket clip just bent and cracked! Not only did it pop off the pen but the clip itself actually cracked right in the middle! It looks to be made of some very thin aluminum and only attached to the pen into two thin grooves.

The pen itself is metal (prob aluminum) but feels like it's hollow on the inside (like one of those cheap extendable antennas)

It's very unfortunate because the stylus works well for the ipad and I hoped that for $13 I would get something quality. So basically you get a $13 stylus with the quality you would expect of a 99 cent pen.
on April 17, 2011
I thought I'd use this for writing notes, etc. I think I'll have to practice quite a bit to do that. On the other hand, it's proved to be a wonderful enhancement when playing games (Wordsworth can go on for a long time when i don't have to poke letters with my finger) or going through a lot of links while perusing real estate sites. The tether which attaches to the earphone plug is dandy for keeping the stylus at hand, and it fits perfectly inside my Roo Case.
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon February 27, 2012
Recently we became owners of an IPod Touch 4G & a Kindle Fire. Because the Touch is small, I was having trouble navigating some of the tiny links on the Life Application Study Bible NLT. I decided a stylus would help & purchased this Acase 2nd Gen. Stylus & the AmazonBasics Stylus for Touchscreen Devices Including Kindle Fire, Apple iPad 2, Motorola Xoom, Samsung Galaxy Tab, BlackBerry PlayBook. So I'll compare the two.

The Acase 2nd gen. stylus is very nice looking in Lunar Blue, which I would describe as medium, metallic blue. It's about 3/4" longer than the AmazonBasics stylus. Also, the Acase 2nd gen stylus has a smaller, slightly firmer tip than than the AmazonBasics Stylus. We are able to clip it onto our Kindle Fire Executive Folio Leather Case Cover with Stand and Hand Strap. We choose not to use the plastic piece that fits into the earphone jack for the simple reason that a piece might break off in the jack. We found that we like to use this Acase stylus with the Kindle Fire & the AmazonBasics stylus with the IPod Touch. Compared to the the Acase 2nd gen, the AmazonBasics stylus is shorter, does not have a clip, nor does it have an earphone jack plug & the tip is slightly spongier & wider than the Acase.

Both styli work with our touchscreen thermostat similar to this one Honeywell TH8110U1003 Vision Pro 8000 Digital Thermostat.

We don't necessarily need to use a stylus with the Fire, but the screen was getting too many smudges on it. We both like using the Acase 2nd gen. stylus with our Kindle Fire, & the convenience of clipping it to our folio case.

The Acase stylus does not have a warranty. The AmazonBasic Stylus comes with a one-year limited warranty.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 4, 2011
I had a pogo stylus first which worked but was falling apart and had to press down on the screen to work.
The Acase stylus has a rubber tip and goes smooth across the screen without much pressure
I love it!
on April 22, 2011
I love this stylus. I use it every day and it works great. I have not had any problems at all with the "cushy end" as some people indicated and by the way it looks great!