Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on December 13, 2012
Please see my video review of Acase's new Leather iPad ini Case. I love the Built-in multi-function Stand.
on February 6, 2013
I bought this case to protect my iPad mini knowing something is necessary to keep the ipad from slipping out of one's hands. The fact that it was real leather was a big plus to me both for the feel and the scuff resistance as I carry the mini with me in a Scottevest, using it as a replacement for my previous iPhone.
Pros: rugged, genuine leather, great fit, leather takes on darker, oiled leather feel with use, others have commented on it (most common – "Is that real leather?"), stand in landscape mode works well in either high or low profile (just turn it around).
Cons: no stand in portrait orientation, sometimes harder to activate touch screen very close to edges, magnetic off/on doesn't always engage due to inaccurate lineup caused by play in folding edge seam (perhaps a more powerful magnet?)
Bottom Line: I like this case a lot, despite the small quibbles above (no case is likely to be perfect) and would have no trouble recommending it to others.
I own several leather cases for tablets and they are my favorite cases. They bring different level of quality when carrying the tablet that no other style of case can. I can tell you that many people have commented on my tablets and about the leather cases that they are in. This leather case, made by Acase, is simply beautiful. The finish of the leather, the professional stitching and the brushed leather interior are beautiful. One of the things about having a real leather case is that it will look better a month or a year from now as the finish of the leather develops a patina on it caused by the oil on your hands. The leather will darken and take on a sheen that will make it look richer and higher in quality as time goes along.

I have included a video to show the beauty and the features of this case and I hope it is helpful for you.

The case has magnets in the cover that will put your iPad Mini asleep when the cover closes and it will wake it up when you open the case. The brushed leather interior provides a softer finished surface to lie against your iPad. The exterior detail is professionally done from the finish of the leather to the stitching and the small metal logo button on the front. There is a tuck-in flap in the top of the case that folds over your iPad and holds it into the case. The case can be folded over to easily be held when reading and it also features a folding tab to hold it into a video viewing mode or a typing mode when you need it.

I like this case a lot and I recommend it to you. If I can be of further help just send me a comment. I received a sample of this product for evaluation and I promised to give a fair and honest review.
99 comments| 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 23, 2013
I love this. It looks great. My only issue is the Ipad has to go inside the "wrong way" in order to use the buttons on one end. If i put it in the way it's designed, it has a small opening for the charger to attach. By doing that, the other end blocks the camera. So i reversed it and it works fine that way. The leather is nice.
on January 16, 2013
This is a very cool case. It looks good, functions very well. Sleep/wake works perfectly. The fit is tight, so the small flap at the top which folds under the device to "keep it in" is almost unnecessary. The cutouts are good, although the cutout at the top of mine is a little too close to the face cam, so that it appears with a small, very slight shadow when viewing through this cam. But it's so slight nobody would know if you were using it for face time, and I wouldn't use that cam for taking pictures, so it's really irrelevant. My case does not smell, as some have complained about. It's just fine. Appearance is very nice.
on April 28, 2013
If your looking for a nice semi-rugged brown leather case this is it. I tried others and returned them...If ur a dude looking for a dude's case...this is it...Trying to impress business clients? Nope...Kickin ur feet up anywhere u can find ur niche...yup! This thing should last and age nicely...
on June 15, 2013
I considered the JisonCase, and the Bear Motion case for my iPad mini before settling on the Acase. If you want more of an urban streamlined look, go with one of the others. I chose the Acase because I love leather, and it encompasses the entire edges of the iPad border, for more of a rugged casual, and hip kind of case. The weight is perfect for me. The leather is good quality and will break in with character over time. I cleaned mine with saddle soap to open the pores, & then applied mink oil. I know "how to treat leather" is about as controversial as audiophile conversations. I used mink oil, because I like the shine and luster, this is a saddle type leather that is perfect for it, and I never plan to put shoe polish on this leather since it will be sealed and has a true natural leather color I prefer. The oil, also retards water. So, with daily use and hand wear, this case will easily last the life of my Mini, until I pass it on to a child in the family. In summation, I think all three are excellent choices.... The Jisoncase, Bear Motion, and Acase. It's just what you prefer. Also, white iPad goes better with brown leather.*** Side note- I was very impressed by the customer service of Bear Motion. Rare to see a company take the time to answer any complaints voiced in Amazon review to rectify the problem. I think I will buy one from them next time.
on December 13, 2012
I'm very picky about my Apple accessories. I usually end up buying at least three different items before I find one I like. (If I'm lucky!) I really wanted a folio cover for my new iPad Mini that was as close to the Apple folio for the iPad 1. (I really hate the new Apple smart covers!) I thought I had found what I liked, but as usual, later I found out that the cut-out in it would not accommodate the Apple 30 pin to lightning adapter. Well this Acase folio is just what the doctor ordered. It not only looks awesome but it does everything else well. It has the sleep/wake magnet, large open areas to easily access the buttons and ports on the iPad and very good drop protection. (I already dropped it a couple of time with no issues.) I also like that it doesn't cover the speakers whatsoever. I might actually order another one to keep if something happens to this one or if I buy another iPad Mini for my wife. Oh and I didn't notice a bad smell, it smells like leather,
on December 19, 2012
As stated in reviews it does have an oder, but its a "new smell" that goes away in a day I might add. The case is great it fits perfect and protects my IPAD mini. I'm glad that I bought it. I was having second thoughts because of the "smelly" reviews but it turns out that it is the best product I have bought for any of my apple products. Thank you and I will be reordering again in the near future from this seller. Great deivery too! Came early and packed well.
on February 9, 2013
I searched and searched to find a case for my ipad mini, which were and are few and far between, because it is a relatively new product. I found this case on Amazon and have to admit that I was skeptical at first, due to the low price for this genuine leather case with the magnetic "sleep feature". I find, however, that I am pleasantly surprised with the quality. The only complaint I have, if you can even call it a complaint, is that I wished the inside were a little softer, tho it is not THAT bad as is and most likely will soften over time. I also wish the case had a built in space for a stylus. Otherwise, the quality and the "fit" were beyond my expectations.