5.0 out of 5 stars Review of mini-iPad leather case
Customer Video Review     Length:: 3:14 Mins
Please see my video review of Acase's new Leather iPad ini Case. I love the Built-in multi-function Stand.
Published 19 months ago by JAS

3.0 out of 5 stars Be careful
This could be a great oiled leather folio case, but the one I received was warped and didn't fit the iPad Mini properly. With the warped shape, the Mini couldn't sit straight and the cover wouldn't close properly.
Published 15 months ago by D. Thomas

5.0 out of 5 stars Review of mini-iPad leather case, December 13, 2012
This review is from: Acase iPad Mini 2 Genuine Leather Case / Cover with Built-in Stand - Support Smart Cover Function for iPad Mini / iPad Mini 2 with Retina Display (Vintage Brown) (Personal Computers)
Length:: 3:14 Mins

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautifully finished leather case for your iPad Mini!, December 5, 2012
Length:: 2:19 Mins

I own several leather cases for tablets and they are my favorite cases. They bring different level of quality when carrying the tablet that no other style of case can. I can tell you that many people have commented on my tablets and about the leather cases that they are in. This leather case, made by Acase, is simply beautiful. The finish of the leather, the professional stitching and the brushed leather interior are beautiful. One of the things about having a real leather case is that it will look better a month or a year from now as the finish of the leather develops a patina on it caused by the oil on your hands. The leather will darken and take on a sheen that will make it look richer and higher in quality as time goes along.

I have included a video to show the beauty and the features of this case and I hope it is helpful for you.

The case has magnets in the cover that will put your iPad Mini asleep when the cover closes and it will wake it up when you open the case. The brushed leather interior provides a softer finished surface to lie against your iPad. The exterior detail is professionally done from the finish of the leather to the stitching and the small metal logo button on the front. There is a tuck-in flap in the top of the case that folds over your iPad and holds it into the case. The case can be folded over to easily be held when reading and it also features a folding tab to hold it into a video viewing mode or a typing mode when you need it.

I like this case a lot and I recommend it to you. If I can be of further help just send me a comment. I received a sample of this product for evaluation and I promised to give a fair and honest review.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice genuine leather case, February 6, 2013
William G Dalzell (Bellingham, WA, US) - See all my reviews
I bought this case to protect my iPad mini knowing something is necessary to keep the ipad from slipping out of one's hands. The fact that it was real leather was a big plus to me both for the feel and the scuff resistance as I carry the mini with me in a Scottevest, using it as a replacement for my previous iPhone.
Pros: rugged, genuine leather, great fit, leather takes on darker, oiled leather feel with use, others have commented on it (most common – "Is that real leather?"), stand in landscape mode works well in either high or low profile (just turn it around).
Cons: no stand in portrait orientation, sometimes harder to activate touch screen very close to edges, magnetic off/on doesn't always engage due to inaccurate lineup caused by play in folding edge seam (perhaps a more powerful magnet?)
Bottom Line: I like this case a lot, despite the small quibbles above (no case is likely to be perfect) and would have no trouble recommending it to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars This beautiful leather iPad Mini case is by far the best one I've seen yet ... quality, luxury, and class rolled into one., December 1, 2012
One of the first things I noticed about this case was how attractive it is. It not only affords protection for the iPad, but is also quite functional. I own and have reviewed several different Acase products and this is, no doubt, is one of their better ones. I'm simply going to repeat myself here and give the same functional information I wrote about the Acase Dual Layer iPad Mini Case, one that would be used more for at home use than one you might travel with or take to work. The deep brown color of this leather case simply spells style and class rolled into one. The distinctive Acase logo isn't blindstamped into the leather, but rather is placed on a button in the corner.

Acase is always very accurate with their cut-outs and measurements (I own a few of their cases). The depth of the iPad mini is approximately .28 inch (7.2 mm) and nestles quite nicely in this case. The cut-outs for the iSight camera are spot on as are the ones for lighting connector, openings for the built-in stereo speakers, lightning port connector, headphone minijack, volume buttons, mute switch, etc. The Apple smart cover is a great concept, but once again, does not offer up a lot of protection in the event of a drop. This case's rigid leather construction should hold up in such an event, but as always, there are freakish accidents that do happen.

The iPad Mini can easily be inserted into the case and once that is done a leather flap can be tucked back around the case at the top to hold it in. This case affords the sleep/wake function many people love. There is no magnetic clasp as this one is a manual type case. For some reason, it not only seems to spell class, but leisure. The inside is a complimentary-colored light brown suede material, but the iPad Mini enclosure is leather (it affords a full-screen view). The stand is adjustable and your viewing angles are both in the vertical (portrait) and horizontal (landscape).

This is a case I'd be more likely to select as a travel companion, so to speak. When I'm going on vacation I tend to take the most durable cases I have and I'd be selecting this one. Of course the iPad Mini is smaller and this case could easily be placed in a purse, briefcase, or carry-on. Mind you, not all cases are equal and every now and then you'll get one that isn't and that spells "return." Mine has perfect stitching, and as I stated, the cut-outs are spot on. The packaging is "green." The case itself is encased in a simple recyclable plastic sleeve. This beautiful leather iPad Mini case is by far the best one I've seen yet ... quality, luxury, and class rolled into one.

This case provided by the distributor with no expectation of a positive review.

4.0 out of 5 stars Leather Mini Ipad Case, February 23, 2013
I love this. It looks great. My only issue is the Ipad has to go inside the "wrong way" in order to use the buttons on one end. If i put it in the way it's designed, it has a small opening for the charger to attach. By doing that, the other end blocks the camera. So i reversed it and it works fine that way. The leather is nice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Burly...nice...think Indiana Jones...not James Bond...Jeep...not Range Rover..., April 28, 2013
If your looking for a nice semi-rugged brown leather case this is it. I tried others and returned them...If ur a dude looking for a dude's case...this is it...Trying to impress business clients? Nope...Kickin ur feet up anywhere u can find ur niche...yup! This thing should last and age nicely...

4.0 out of 5 stars Rugged Casual Hip Leather Case iPad Mini, June 15, 2013
I considered the JisonCase, and the Bear Motion case for my iPad mini before settling on the Acase. If you want more of an urban streamlined look, go with one of the others. I chose the Acase because I love leather, and it encompasses the entire edges of the iPad border, for more of a rugged casual, and hip kind of case. The weight is perfect for me. The leather is good quality and will break in with character over time. I cleaned mine with saddle soap to open the pores, & then applied mink oil. I know "how to treat leather" is about as controversial as audiophile conversations. I used mink oil, because I like the shine and luster, this is a saddle type leather that is perfect for it, and I never plan to put shoe polish on this leather since it will be sealed and has a true natural leather color I prefer. The oil, also retards water. So, with daily use and hand wear, this case will easily last the life of my Mini, until I pass it on to a child in the family. In summation, I think all three are excellent choices.... The Jisoncase, Bear Motion, and Acase. It's just what you prefer. Also, white iPad goes better with brown leather.*** Side note- I was very impressed by the customer service of Bear Motion. Rare to see a company take the time to answer any complaints voiced in Amazon review to rectify the problem. I think I will buy one from them next time.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's good, February 25, 2013
I like the look of rough leather and I liked this as well. It gets better with use. I used some leather softener on it to improve the feel and the look. It was just a little rough for my taste out of the box. The "leather new" really made a difference.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it, February 7, 2013
This case is leather, which I always prefer over other materials. So I was not disappointed. It fits well, and is not too bulky. I would buy it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Case!, January 25, 2013
This case is great! I ordered it for my mini iPad that I won at work for Christmas and it fits perfectly.

Rate and Discover Movies