UPDATE: 12/18/2012 - aCase has updated this case and for all practical purposes it is the same except the logo now appears on the outside of the case rather than inside as I show in my video.

---------

This is my second aCase Superleggera iPhone case. The first case I got was the purple one and this one is black.

As with the purple case, it fits my iPhone perfectly. The silicone inner piece is much thicker than the silicone piece that I've experienced with other cases by different companies. In particular, cases by Incipio that I've had have proven to be not very durable.

The aCase seems to provide more cushioning since the silicone is thicker. I also like the fact that the ports of the phone are covered by little flaps integrated into the inner silicone case. These protective flaps prevent dirt and junk from getting into the phone.

The hard, outer case is beautifully painted with a non-glossy paint that simply shrugs off fingerprints completely. You can try to get a fingerprint on the case but you won't be successful.

Some reviewers have observed that their phone is not snug in the case. I can only say that in both of the cases I have, my phone is completely snug in the case. It fits perfectly.

This is a great looking, functional case that provides good protection to your beautiful new iPhone5. The price is not outrageous either. I like the aCase Superleggera Case for iPhone5.

aCase provided a sample for me to review.
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 19, 2011
I never write reviews but this time I had to! I just dropped my iPhone 4S in a deep puddle completely submerged and it survived! No water got in any vital areas(earphone or charging jack) due to rubber plugs that not only cover but insert into the openings. Everything about this case is quality, the rubber inner layer fits tight and the outer plastic fits even tighter. It it raised up above the screen so if you put it face down it won't hurt the front. A+!! Get one...especially if you're prone to dropping your phone in the water!
on October 10, 2012
I received my Acase Superleggera PRO case for the iPhone 5 last week. Compared to the iphone 4 version (which I absolutely loved), the new case looked thinner with brighter colors and a smoother surface.

However, once I put it onto my iPhone 5, I discovered that the silicone rubber part was not tight nor secure enough just like what other customers had complained about.

Immediately, I sent an email about the issue to Acase customer service,asking if there was anything they could do to resolve this problem. If they didn't reply to me within a week, I was just going to return it and purchase a case from another brand. However, since I loved the iphone 4 version so much I wanted to give them a chance.

To my surprise, Acase replied back to me within 24 hours apologizing for the inconvenience. In the e-mail, they explained that the R&D team had solved the issue, and promised to send out a revised version by this week.

After several days, I finally received the new Superleggera PRO case today.The package and the case all looked the same. Immediately, I put it onto my iPhone to check the fit.

My iPhone was perfectly secured in the case without wiggling around! The dual layer case protects the phone well without adding any bulk to it. It was now just like their iphone 4 case which I loved so much.

Apparently, in response to customer feedback, the Acase logo was moved to inside the hard shell instead of on the outside. That was nice as I am not a big fan of free advertising. It also looks much more elegant and stylish without the logo visible.

Overall, the design, shape, and quality in the revised version is just what I had hoped for. I was very pleased with Acases' customer service and how they promptly resolved my issue. It is obvious that they really do care about their customers. For those who had the same problem and have been contacted by Acase, I am sure you will get the revised one soon.

It is just a shame that they released the prior version without adequately checking how it fit in an actual iphone 5. Apparently many manufacturers do the same thing in order to get to market quickly and release products based upon Specs.

However, I am glad to report that the revised version is a perfect fit and for those of you who owned the Iphone 4 version (like me) you will be just as pleased with the iphone 5 case.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 19, 2011
I ordered this case after looking at several alternatives. I wanted a case that was attractive and protective, but not so huge that is was like a tank.

I checked the stores and amazon. This case had good reviews.

I looked at outterbox defender. It is the tank. No harm will come to our phone short of running it over with a car. But, it is bulky, and the phone with this case will not slip into your pocket.

There are also covers that are simply a plastic band around your phone. That provides minimal protection.

The case I believe is best is the Acase Superleggera PRO. It has two layers. An outer plastic shell and a separate inner black silicon type lining. The case (red) is beautiful. It is rubberized so it has a good feel. However, it still slips into a pocket with no problem. The ports are covered with plugs that you can bend out of the way when in use, but close to protect them from accumulating lint.

The closest cover I've found is the Outterbox Commuter. However, the problem with that case is the outer shell does not cover the phone corners. Isn't that the place the phone is most likely to hit if dropped?

Only one small problem. Near the earphone plug is a secondary noise cancelling microphone. It is covered with the earphone plug. So, you can open it, but on the Outterbox Commuter there is a small hole in the plug for the mic.

Overall a great product. At the price, even better.
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 10, 2012
I had the Superleggera Pro for my 4s and it was the best. I really wanted this case to be just like the original, but sadly it is not. It fits, but I find the phone coming out of the case way too easy. The top left corner is really weak, due to the notch in the plastic for the mute switch and volume buttons. I have pulled my phone out many times and seen the entire top left corner of the phone popping out of the case. I can tell you if my phone slipped out of my hand and land face down it would for sure crack the screen. I compared my old 4s Superleggera Pro with this new 5 Superleggera Pro case side by side, and the rubber for the 4s is much thicker and the bead around the screen it thicker on the 4s. They used thinner rubber and a smaller bead on this new design, and that is where they went wrong. The thinner rubber also means less protection. The smaller bead also is less protection and less rigidity to hold the phone in the case. It is really too bad. I even waited for them to get the kinks out of the new design too. I am returning it and I am going ballistic. Ballistic case that is.

*****Update*******

Changed my two star to a one.

Shady business going on. So how do you sell a product that hasn't been getting those rave reviews. Well, of course you just sell it under a product that already has great reviews, and call it a different size. Sure the 547 reviews as of today 12-12-12 (finally got to use that) are for the 4s and are labeled in small print, but a lot of people may not notice that. The new iphone 5 case is not the same as the iphone 4s case, they are two different products for two different phones, and should be sold under separate reviews. So, I gave a great review for the 4s case and now they are using it to sell their weak iphone 5 case? Yeah, that sounds okay. Not! Come on, the only reason they are selling the 5 case under the 4s is for sales. If you ask me, that is shady business. Does Amazon allow this? Probably. It is good business? No! Hey Acase (I know you read these) you burnt this bridge.

11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 19, 2012
I went a little overboard after purchasing a 4S and ended up buying nine different cases/covers. This one is Easily my favorite.
The color is rich and attractive (i bought a red one; any fingerprints buff off easily), it isn't bulky like i imagined it might be with a two layer cover, it has little rubber tabs that plug the headphone jack and charger jack (all that are left unencumbered are the earpiece and speakers, and as it is I feel its fairly water-resistant).
The craftsmanship is obvious when you look at little things like where the aluminum and rubber meet: It fits together perfectly.
I love the feel of the iphone when its naked, but if you have to have a case to protect it, this is great for that purpose and it looks good doing it. Kuddos to the manufacturer for making such a good product while keeping it so darn affordable.
I do take it off occasionally because I like having a case with graphic designs on it, but if I could transfer them to this case, it would never leave my phone.
I am impressed
on October 12, 2012
I, like most others here, had the exact same case on my 4 and 4S. It was the best case I've ever owned.

So when I found out there was a new version for the 5, I had to have it.

Please note: There was a bad batch of them out there, but CTS has committed to replacing them all. So if your reading reviews please read those posted around Oct 10, 2012 and newer.

So about the case, basically its a 2 layer system.

1st layer is silicone, that absorbs shock....
2nd layer is hard plastic with a rubbery paint coating protects the silicone...

Normal silicone cases cant protect your phone from drops because its too soft, in the end your phone absorbs most of the impact. Hard plastic ones crack upon impact.

The Acase outer shell is designed to take that impact and spread it out over a larger surface of the silicone, thus protecting your phone.

Some previous reviews and updated photos(for other colors) show ACASE logo in white on the back of the case. Seems a lot of people complained, so they must have removed it on the new batch because mine did not come with it. The only logo i see was molded along with the back cover discreetly on the inside.

If you owned the previous version, you would remember there was an issue with the silicone at the bottom above the connector, because the 30 pin connector was so large the silicone there had to span a long distance and over time would stretch and start to bow. Its hard to say if this one will do that, but because of the smaller connector, that part is attached closer together and should not stretch.

Its was definitely worth the wait.
on February 9, 2012
I only write reviews when I feel the product is exceptional or extremely poor. In this case, the product is exceptional. I had shopped around for cases, and had found this one highly reviewed by customers. I agree with all the excellent reviews. I've dropped my phone a few times since purchasing the case, and the due to the duel layer edge the extends over the phone, my phone was never harmed. I've also taken the case off a few times to use in a dock, and I've had no issues with any bending to the plastic outer case (cracks) or stretching of the rubber layer. In addition, the case fits very snuggly, and the the rubber over the buttons (volume and on/off screen) actually makes it easier to use the button while protecting them from dust and getting pushed too hard.

This case is well designed, well made, durable, and simple but stylish. There are cases that cost twice this price that aren't nearly as good. It's a great buy for your money as well as protecting an expensive iphone. This is one of the best Amazon purchases I have ever made.
on December 2, 2011
I wanted something that would still highlight my white 4s, maintain the streamlined design of the original phone, provide cushy protection, and have enough grip that the phone doesn't slip through my fingers. I usually meet 3 out of the 4 from that list from all the cases I've seen at the stores, mall shopping carts, etc. This case is fantastic about the protection without adding too much bulk (~2mm more to each surface - if placed facedown, your screen never touches the tabletop). The inner, black silicon lining protects all exposed edges minus extremely small openings for the camera, the speakers, and the mute switch. There are flaps that fit snugly into the pluggable openings and everything is all wrapped up neatly as if apple designed the case themselves. The white outer shell and the inner black silicon appose really well, tight without being stuck forever. I like how there is a soft grip to the outer white shell and yet it is still smooth. So why only 2 stars?? Because after a few weeks of regular usage (with good hand hygiene ;p) , the white shell is turning brown!
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 27, 2012
It fits like a glove with no bulkiness. I love the combination of rubber and hard casing since rubber alone usually feels cheap to me, and hard casing alone just feels like it won't provide as much protection from impacts, scrathces, etc.

Some of the iphone cases which have button covers cause the buttons to be harder to press or less responsive. NOT the case here with this cover. I don't feel any negative impact from the button covers. I like the fact it provides protection without sacrificing on performance.

EDIT:
Found a major flaw and now I have to replace this case. This case will distort photos taken with flash. The flash reflects of the border of the case and create a white foggy haze on the photos. I didn't discover this earlier since I don't take flash photos very often, but it's very annoying and disappointing nonetheless. I'm discarding this one and move on to another case.

I still give this a 3 star because this is still a very good case say for the iphone 4 with no flash.