This iPhone 5 case has excellent form, fit, and function. And isn't that what we all want?

The semi-rigid construction allows enough give to slide your phone into the case. And then you're done. Your phone is encased in a sturdy, fairly thin shell, but you have access to all its features without removing the phone from the case. The back side of the case has a waffle-weave texture, with indentations about 1 mm in depth. This is a great item for protecting your phone without adding a lot of bulk.

The iron gray is an attractive neutral color. There is no bling. You can use this case anywhere, and it protects your phone from shock. I'm not saying you can drop it, of course. But you have a lightweight, comfortable case. A small investment to protect a pricey one.

I received this item free of charge from the manufacturer.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
The design of the Citta Slide-In Protective case is very innovative. The last case I reviewed for Acase was a leather one. It was quite elegant, but needed a bit of breaking in before it would be fully functional. This one is very user-friendly and you are good to go in a matter of seconds. It's a simple matter to get the iPhone 5 in the case. Simply pull apart two sides as if you were looking into a billfold, tuck your iPhone in, and release. The fit is snug while you have open access to all the ports and features. There are no specific cut-outs save for the iSight camera.

This case definitely passes in the protection department. The polycarbonate (PC) outer shell is tough and impact-resistant. Polycarbonate will scratch, but the application of Japanese paint has obviously remedied that situation. FYI, Japanese paints are among the best in the world. Nice choice and it gives the shell an sleek look, while adding that much-needed protection. There is a raised front lip around the front edge that will protect the screen if you place in face down on any surface. Mind you, this will offer up some protection in case of drops, but there are always those freak accidents.

The slate gray case has a basket weave raised design that makes it easy to grip. The edges are beveled, a feature that makes it easier to hold. The distinctive Acase logo is centered on the lower front. The polycarbonate shell isn't going to scratch (I tried) nor will fingerprints and dirt adhere to its surface, something that I appreciate. This is the type of case that's functional, yet practical. It's a decent case that will take a beating while offering up reasonably good protection for your phone. I really like this case!

This case courtesy of the manufacturer.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
This is a very stylish case for your iPhone 5 that weighs in at only ½ ounce but it provides a lot of protection. It is a beautiful dark blue color and has a textured back that provides you with a good gripping surface to securely hold the phone. Your phone slips into the case from the side and it is fast and easy to install. All four corners of your phone are covered and the front surface of the phone is recessed below a lip that keeps it from rubbing on the surface of a table when lying face down.

The tough polycarbonate completely covers the back of your phone and the case has easy access to the plugs and controls of the phone. The beautiful paint job on the case and the textured surface provides a finish that is fingerprint resistant if not totally fingerprint proof.

One of the features I liked about this case was the way it opened on the side to allow you to install it onto your phone. I have installed some other thin polycarbonate cases on an iPhone 5 and it was almost impossible to get it off of the phone. This is a nice and stylish case with a unique appearance. It provides moderate protection for the phone but just remember that there is no cover or protection film on the screen or a lot of padding on the phone. If you are looking for an attractive and lightweight iPhone 5 case then this on is ideal for you. A lot of people will like that type of case design. I put together a video to show you the case and I hope it is helpful for you.

I was supplied with a case for test and evaluation and I promised to provide a fair and honest review.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
The Acase Citta Slide Case offers a stylish slim design that is unique and easy to install. Just slide your iPhone 5 in and snap the corners in place. It has a rubber like texture and a weave pattern on the back that allows you have a good grip on your phone. The case fits snugly in place. It fits so snug that be careful if you use a thicker screen protectors like a mirrored or privacy screen types. When I slid my iPhone 5 into the case the privacy screen bubbled up on side the case is not open since it was a tight fit.

I believe this case is more geared for someone who is into appearances than protection. I believe this case will not protect my iPhone if I dropped it since my phone will probably just pop right our of it. I am not going to test it to find out either. I normally have my iPhone sitting on my desk at work or in my purse, so big bulky cases are not my style. The Acase Citta along with a screen protector, will protect my iPhone 5 from scratches from my keys, pens and anything else that might be lurking in my purse.

Overall, it is a nice stylish case that offers easy access to buttons and features on your iPhone that offers minimal protection.

**I received a sample to test and evaluate in exchange for an honest review**
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I gave the lady an opportunity to have the Acase since she'd been using her Otterbox and a (gaudy) pink rubber casing for the better part of 6 months.

***

The "Citta" by Acase is a slim but elegant slip-on case for the iPhone 5. It is a closed on 3 sides and the opening is where you'd slide the iPhone in.

My take:
*The phone (which is already elegant) looks nice with the case on.
* The price is right for the quality of the case.
* Does offer some light protection.

Her take:
* Because the slides in to a side that is unsealed/ unsealable, she immediately pointed out that the openings of this case will-- through normal use-- spread apart.
* And, because there's nothing to keep the flaps secured, the phone itself is in danger of sliding out if you're not careful.
* She also didn't feel that the case was durable enough in case she dropped her phone.

Our shared opinion:
* The texture back is nice because you can easily grip it.
* The case does look handsome and you can access all of the buttons and outlets.

We both feel that the Acase is a nice case for the iPhone 5 but there are few others for a few extra dollars that may offer better protection for the phone. But, all in all, a very nice case, nonetheless.
on April 6, 2015
Have had for a year. It is cracked in the corner, but how many times have I dropped it? Too many. No scratches on the face of my phone and this is a first for me. Why not an Otter box, because i still want it small enough to fit in my pocket and not weigh twice the original phone weight. I love this phone case! I'm getting another one. For $10-$12 a year, I can buy one once a year, protect my phone with a light case. NIce!
on April 26, 2013
I am so impressed with this case. I was initially concerned with trying this new "side slip-on" but I don't think I can ever go back to the other iPhone case formats.

Pros:
materials used look expensive and sleek.
metallic grey looks rich and high-quality.
case fits the iPhone to perfection and does not make the phone bulkier.
The texture of the case helps with keeping a firm grip.

I have been walking around with this case for 2 weeks and I have yet to find a con. The case has never once accidentally popped open which was one of my initial fears but instead has completely kept my phone locked, solid and safe in this beautiful case.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

----UPDATE 9/2013--------

I had dropped my phone numerous times since my last post, yesterday being the worst when my phone flew out of my hand and slammed into the concrete of a parking structure on the glass side. I walked toward the phone "expecting" broken glass but there was nothing. My phone was fine and I am convinced it is this case. Very happy with mine.

-----Update 10/2013-------

I dropped my phone again. The good news, my phone is fine...thank you again to this case. The bad news, the case didnt make it. The impact caused the cause not to close around the phone anymore. :-( With that said, the case is now being retired after 6 months of use.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I've tried a couple of cases before stumbling upon this one. Most cases are made of some sort of flexible rubber, and require you to wrestle your phone into them. The result is that you usually loosen up the case if you take your phone in and out of it a few times.

With this case, however, you slide the phone in through the side; the case is actually almost in two pieces, with the halves only joined at the right side of the phone. Surprisingly, the case makes a solid and tight connection with the phone itself, such that once it's on, it feels like a single solid unit. It's a very nice design, and it allows them to use a nice solid, high quality plastic instead of some cheap rubbery material. With the addition of a metallic paint, the case has a very solid feel, and resists scratches.

While the price is a bit high, it's actually the first case where I think the cost is justified. It's a very well-designed case made of high quality materials that will last.
on January 13, 2014
The product looks good but its made of plastic, i wasnt sure how durable it would be but i was optimistic.
Well...it was in my coat when i pulled it out of my pocket the bottom edge was broken..
on July 18, 2013
I was contacted by the company that makes these cases to select a phone case and review it. I personally only have an iPhone 4S, so I agreed to review the case and gave it to my mother because she has an iPhone 5. The follow is what she had to say about the case:

"The phone case was very easy to put on my phone & very easy to take off when I wanted a change. The color is nice & the added protection of the front piece is an added bonus. When I'm texting, the front "cover" makes it a bit difficult to type in the letters symbols on the edges of the keyboard. I usually have to tap the letters/symbols multiple times. I'm used to a "slick-feeling" case that makes my phone easy to slide into my back pocket - this phone slides but not quite as easily as a slick case with rounded corners. The texture made it easy to find in my purse - a good thing since it falls out of the pocket on the inside of my purse a lot and I often end up digging around for it. All-in-all, a nice case and good value."