Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Acase Citta Premium Side Slide Case for iPhone 5 for Verizon, AT&T & Sprint (Baby Blue)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

Size: iPhone 5/5S|Color: Baby Blue|Change

The design of the Citta Slide-In Protective case is very innovative. The last case I reviewed for Acase was a leather one. It was quite elegant, but needed a bit of breaking in before it would be fully functional. This one is very user-friendly and you are good to go in a matter of seconds. It's a simple matter to get the iPhone 5 in the case. Simply pull apart two sides as if you were looking into a billfold, tuck your iPhone in, and release. The fit is snug while you have open access to all the ports and features. There are no specific cut-outs save for the iSight camera.

This case definitely passes in the protection department. The polycarbonate (PC) outer shell is tough and impact-resistant. Polycarbonate will scratch, but the application of Japanese paint has obviously remedied that situation. FYI, Japanese paints are among the best in the world. Nice choice and it gives the shell an sleek look, while adding that much-needed protection. There is a raised front lip around the front edge that will protect the screen if you place in face down on any surface. Mind you, this will offer up some protection in case of drops, but there are always those freak accidents.

The slate gray case has a basket weave raised design that makes it easy to grip. The edges are beveled, a feature that makes it easier to hold. The distinctive Acase logo is centered on the lower front. The polycarbonate shell isn't going to scratch (I tried) nor will fingerprints and dirt adhere to its surface, something that I appreciate. This is the type of case that's functional, yet practical. It's a decent case that will take a beating while offering up reasonably good protection for your phone. I really like this case!

This case courtesy of the manufacturer.
on April 10, 2013
This iPhone 5 case has excellent form, fit, and function. And isn't that what we all want?

The semi-rigid construction allows enough give to slide your phone into the case. And then you're done. Your phone is encased in a sturdy, fairly thin shell, but you have access to all its features without removing the phone from the case. The back side of the case has a waffle-weave texture, with indentations about 1 mm in depth. This is a great item for protecting your phone without adding a lot of bulk.

The iron gray is an attractive neutral color. There is no bling. You can use this case anywhere, and it protects your phone from shock. I'm not saying you can drop it, of course. But you have a lightweight, comfortable case. A small investment to protect a pricey one.

I received this item free of charge from the manufacturer.
on October 5, 2014
I like this case quite a bit. It looks nice, minimalistic but feels premium. It is super easy to take on and off. Four stars only because I wanted to feel as though the phone were more secure (a snap or something - of note, this never "popped" off).
This is a very stylish case for your iPhone 5 that weighs in at only ½ ounce but it provides a lot of protection. It is a beautiful dark blue color and has a textured back that provides you with a good gripping surface to securely hold the phone. Your phone slips into the case from the side and it is fast and easy to install. All four corners of your phone are covered and the front surface of the phone is recessed below a lip that keeps it from rubbing on the surface of a table when lying face down.

The tough polycarbonate completely covers the back of your phone and the case has easy access to the plugs and controls of the phone. The beautiful paint job on the case and the textured surface provides a finish that is fingerprint resistant if not totally fingerprint proof.

One of the features I liked about this case was the way it opened on the side to allow you to install it onto your phone. I have installed some other thin polycarbonate cases on an iPhone 5 and it was almost impossible to get it off of the phone. This is a nice and stylish case with a unique appearance. It provides moderate protection for the phone but just remember that there is no cover or protection film on the screen or a lot of padding on the phone. If you are looking for an attractive and lightweight iPhone 5 case then this on is ideal for you. A lot of people will like that type of case design. I put together a video to show you the case and I hope it is helpful for you.

I was supplied with a case for test and evaluation and I promised to provide a fair and honest review.
I gave the lady an opportunity to have the Acase since she'd been using her Otterbox and a (gaudy) pink rubber casing for the better part of 6 months.

***

The "Citta" by Acase is a slim but elegant slip-on case for the iPhone 5. It is a closed on 3 sides and the opening is where you'd slide the iPhone in.

My take:
*The phone (which is already elegant) looks nice with the case on.
* The price is right for the quality of the case.
* Does offer some light protection.

Her take:
* Because the slides in to a side that is unsealed/ unsealable, she immediately pointed out that the openings of this case will-- through normal use-- spread apart.
* And, because there's nothing to keep the flaps secured, the phone itself is in danger of sliding out if you're not careful.
* She also didn't feel that the case was durable enough in case she dropped her phone.

Our shared opinion:
* The texture back is nice because you can easily grip it.
* The case does look handsome and you can access all of the buttons and outlets.

We both feel that the Acase is a nice case for the iPhone 5 but there are few others for a few extra dollars that may offer better protection for the phone. But, all in all, a very nice case, nonetheless.
The Acase Citta Slide Case offers a stylish slim design that is unique and easy to install. Just slide your iPhone 5 in and snap the corners in place. It has a rubber like texture and a weave pattern on the back that allows you have a good grip on your phone. The case fits snugly in place. It fits so snug that be careful if you use a thicker screen protectors like a mirrored or privacy screen types. When I slid my iPhone 5 into the case the privacy screen bubbled up on side the case is not open since it was a tight fit.

I believe this case is more geared for someone who is into appearances than protection. I believe this case will not protect my iPhone if I dropped it since my phone will probably just pop right our of it. I am not going to test it to find out either. I normally have my iPhone sitting on my desk at work or in my purse, so big bulky cases are not my style. The Acase Citta along with a screen protector, will protect my iPhone 5 from scratches from my keys, pens and anything else that might be lurking in my purse.

Overall, it is a nice stylish case that offers easy access to buttons and features on your iPhone that offers minimal protection.

**I received a sample to test and evaluate in exchange for an honest review**
on September 4, 2014
It did it's job for 5 months. Seemed fairly tight fitting but after a few months, became loose. It's a hard plastic case with a little but of texture. I did drop my phone a few times, but that's what a case is suppose to be there for! It cracked on the last drop. Then rubber cases are probably a better fit for me.
iPhone 5 is best left naked to show off its sheer, sleek beauty. I get asked to show it to most people when it's bare. Every case seems to hide away its sleekness but are necessary for protection as it is a slippery little thing. So after using 7 different cases on the iPhone 5 this case is currently my #2.
The positives
- Slide in convenience where the phone can be taken out easily to clean it off or plug it into an external accessory
- Textured back looks nice, and offers great back protection as well as enhanced grip
- Material does not pick up dust and lint from the pocket or bag
- The front edge is sleek enough to let almost the full screen of the iPhone 5 show through, it is slightly higher than the screen surface to act as a bumper to protect the screen.
- The cutouts are nicely placed and do not interfere with operation, charging cords, camera functions etc.
- Case is lightweight and does not add too much heft, sleek looks still maintains the slim profile of the iPhone 5
The concerns
- Protection is medium as the case seems to slide off too easy. I haven't dropped my phone yet with the case on but it does not seem very protective compared to rubberized cases or Otterbox cases
- Case can become loose over time. The advantage of slide in convenience also makes the case almost too easy to slide off and may become even looser over time.

This case wins over the AmazonBasics case AmazonBasics Clear Back Cover with Screen Protector for iPhone 5 (Too blah and hard, not enough protection), several Belkin cases Belkin View Case / Cover for Apple iPhone 5 - 1 Pack - Carrying Case - Retail Packaging - Black (Too much bulk, hard surface and easily scratchable back, picks up dirt) and others that I tried.

There is a lot to love about this case, especially if you knock around your phone and want to prevent scratches on the easily-scratchable iPhone 5 surface. However, I still prefer my cheap $2 bumper case New iPhone 5 Bumper Case Black Transparent TPU Clear - AT&T / VERIZON / SPRINT over this case as that one offers me the lowest profile and no-case sleekness with the bumper protection I need to protect the screen. I did install a screen protector as I find that helps keep the screen from shattering if dropped. However, the bumper case is not very durable so if you're looking for something to last more than 6 months, this case is the better option.

This Acase Citta case is an all-rounder and would be fabulous if it was priced a bit lower - closer to $12.
on April 6, 2015
Have had for a year. It is cracked in the corner, but how many times have I dropped it? Too many. No scratches on the face of my phone and this is a first for me. Why not an Otter box, because i still want it small enough to fit in my pocket and not weigh twice the original phone weight. I love this phone case! I'm getting another one. For $10-$12 a year, I can buy one once a year, protect my phone with a light case. NIce!
on July 18, 2013
I was contacted by the company that makes these cases to select a phone case and review it. I personally only have an iPhone 4S, so I agreed to review the case and gave it to my mother because she has an iPhone 5. The follow is what she had to say about the case:

"The phone case was very easy to put on my phone & very easy to take off when I wanted a change. The color is nice & the added protection of the front piece is an added bonus. When I'm texting, the front "cover" makes it a bit difficult to type in the letters symbols on the edges of the keyboard. I usually have to tap the letters/symbols multiple times. I'm used to a "slick-feeling" case that makes my phone easy to slide into my back pocket - this phone slides but not quite as easily as a slick case with rounded corners. The texture made it easy to find in my purse - a good thing since it falls out of the pocket on the inside of my purse a lot and I often end up digging around for it. All-in-all, a nice case and good value."