‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The Content Marketing Manifesto - Incredible Resource!, February 28, 2012
This review is from: Accelerate!: Move Your Business Forward Through the Convergence of Search, Social & Content Marketing (Paperback)
Arnie Kuenn wrote a classic with "Accelerate". This book delivers BIG in every regard: it covers all the important aspects of content marketing, its interesting to read and its full of great real world examples of companies, large and small, that are putting content to work for their brands. As a fellow colleague in the content marketing industry, I have known Arnie for a few years now and every time he speaks, I listen. In fact, I find myself shaking my head in agreement every time I read something authored by him, watch a video produced by him or see him speak live. I have tremendous respect for the great things his company, Vertical Measures, is doing for companies everywhere; helping them to create compelling content and connect more effectively with their target market.

In Accelerate, Arnie touches on dozens of key strategies and tactics that any company can employ to power their content marketing efforts. I'd like to highlight a few that I thought were especially great.

On page 28, he shows the difference between a great product page, in this case a shoe purchase page from Zappos, and a bad product page. In this one example, in a very clear visual, you can see how great content makes a huge impact.

On page 48, he discusses "anyone know" Twitter searches, which I thought was a cool tool for finding quick, timely and relevant information on anything. Great stuff.

On page 80, he talks about the SEOMoz.org Keyword Difficulty Tool, which is something every company out there should know about and use. Its examples like this (and a few dozen more) that make the book so worthwhile.

Finally, on page 88, he shows us the example of FixYourDLP.com, which is one of the best examples of successful content marketing I have seen in a while. This company uses optimized web videos to teach, promote and eventually, sell their products...An example for all companies seeking content marketing success.

My favorite chapters were Ch. 7, which provided 16 content examples and Ch. 9 on Optimizing. The amazing detail in these chapters is worth ten time the purchase price and more.

I also love the "3 legged stool" concept of search, social and content marketing being the playbook for any company seeking more online impact. This is a key distinction and one that many companies new to content marketing miss. You need to do all three and do all three very well. One does not stand without the other two.

And the chapter on Link Building is a nice bonus. Many books in this space don't cover links as well as Arnie does here. In fact, link building is a standard in the SEO Arsenal, but gets missed by many "content strategists". Yes, you have to tell a good story, yes, you have to provide valuable content that people will like, but you cannot, absolutely cannot forget about those all important links and attracting as many as possible.

Along with my new book, Content is Currency, you have a fantastic 1-2 punch for total online content domination for your business. Buy this book today!

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS is my go-to for content marketing guidance, February 11, 2013
I have read a dozen or so books on content marketing in the last 6 months or so. THIS is the one that I keep coming back to. Kuenn provides incredible breadth and depth on the topic with his own content. Despite having read this thoroughly three times now, I continue to pick out gold nuggets of insight every time I pick it up. With his straight-forward language, Kuenn makes some complex topics very accessible. It's a great read! For anyone looking for a how-go guide for marketing in the digital world, I recommend this book without reservation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Step by step roadmap, July 28, 2011
Chris Bird (Phoenix, Arizona) - See all my reviews
Ideas and theories are nice but without execution - they're worthless. It's so nice to see a book that explains specifically how to execute and lays it out in a step by step, easy to understand process. Mr. Kuenn takes a holistic view of social media, search, and content marketing and explains how to approach each while having them build off of each other. Brilliant!

The book provides rich, relevant details without belaboring the point. The examples provide real-world proof that effective content marketing can have a dramatic and game changing effect on a business...if executed properly.

And when you need a refresher - each chapter provides a "Conclusion"! Love that.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful Guide on Content Marketing That Even the Novide Marketer Can Grasp!, July 27, 2011
Content marketing has become a necessary step in marketing and promoting any online business (or online business presence). As a publisher who owns several web sites, I know this to be true. And while it's easy enough to "publish" content online, creating and marketing "quality content" is an entirely different story.

This book teaches publishers and marketers how to actually do it... successfully and from one of the best in the business. Arnie doesn't simply provide "head knowledge" but shares strategy from his own success as a content marketer.

I thought I was a pretty decent content marketer but learned so many new things after reading this helpful and resourceful guide. In fact, Accelerate! will be a book that I refer to again and again. I highly recommend it to anyone that is involved in online marketing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent "How To" for Sophisticated and New Internet Marketers, July 27, 2011
Finally a book that spells out HOW to successfully invest in search and social marketing to get the most out of one's content, products and services. I feel I'm a pretty sophisticated digital marketer, but I learned some really useful lessons on these newest forms of marketing and how to invest in content generation to attract customers to brands. What's really nice about Accelerate! is it gives you the ability to select from search and social media strategies that fit the time and budget that you have available. In other words, one can implement just a few, high impact recommendations, or go through a complete overhaul of one's digital marketing approach with this book as a guide. An easy read and ready reference. Read it while I head off to produce more content to build my brand...

5.0 out of 5 stars No false advertising, August 25, 2011
With possibly the longest subtitle ever: "Move your business forward through the convergence of search, social & content marketing," Accelerate! cannot be accused of false advertising.

Quiet simply, Accelerate is a blueprint for successfully using 21st century tools for small business online marketing. Written by Arnie Kuenn, the president of Vertical Measures in Phoenix, and a co-founder of the Arizona Interactive Marketing Association; Mr. Kuenn certainly knows his stuff. In fact, it is one of the few criticism of the book that I have, is that it gets a little dense at times, particularly early on. The Search Engine Optimization (SEO) section while being very detailed gets to be a little much and will require a couple of readings for sll but the most experienced of reders. However, the style does settle down, and it would be a mistake to give up on the book as and what you are left with in the end is, a user friendly handbook for search, social media, and content marketing.

The book covers all the major players as you might expect; Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google; but is also covers a lot of the less mainstream sites. Accelerate! plucks a number online tools out from the magic geek SEO toolbox to help with almost every aspect of the radical overhaul of your marketing strategy that will undoubtedly unfold once you have finished the book. I myself, am already looking carefully at how I put posts together for my site and have joined a number of social bookmarking sites directly because of this book.

A self published book, also available in a Kindle edition, I was initially concerned about the physical binding on Accelerate! I've had problems in the past with the spines of self published books cracking and then loosing pages after a single reading. I'm happy to report that this is not the case with Accelerate! I did take care not to be too absusive to the spine, but i needn't have worried, the book is in great shape and looks the same as when it arrived.

I mention the self publishing issue, not just because of quality, but also because the text of the book directly references it as well. With a subject such as search and social media marketing, it is easy to get very out of date very quickly - Google+, for example, is not mentioned once. As the text explains, being a self published book, in addition to being an E-book, allows for easier updates than traditional publishing. I, for one, hope we do get new editions on a fairly regular basis, because this a great resource and one I know I will be referring to for quite some time. In fact, I found it quite odd to see URLs in the footnotes and be unable to click on them - should have got the Kindle version!

Mr. Kuenn's book will not tell you how to brand and create a marketing strategy for your business - hopefully that is why you read my blog! What Accelerate! will do, however, is tell you how to navigate the waters of the increasingly complex world of search, social media, and content marketing. This still might not mean that you still don't need to hire someone of Mr. Kuenn's caliber, or the man himself, to work with you on these magic things. But if you do you'll at least know what they are talking about and why.

If you want to get serious about search, social media and content marketing, you need to buy this book - it does what is says on the cover!

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE this book, September 14, 2011
I LOVE this book. Probably the best thing about it is the organization. It starts with search and helping you understand that people are searching, how they search, what they're searching for and builds an analytic and business bottom line reason to read the rest of the book. Arnie hits so much stuff in these pages that I would say to a small business owner, "Read this and you'll get the web, how it works, how content drives business on the web and how you can become someone who uses the web that way." There are sections on sites that help you with reputation, building your brand, driving traffic, etc., then there's a big chunk of the book that focuses on content marketing, what it is, why you need it and how you can do it. Plus there are examples of great content elements you can get ideas from. Seriously, I read a lot of digital marketing books, but this is one of my favorites. Well done and serves that audience that needs to know very well.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must read for content marketers, July 31, 2011
Arnie, has nailed it by compiling all the great content advice in one place in an easy to follow very structured approach. The depth of knowledge is very well presented and with the current focus on content for SEO this book is a must read.
Fionn Downhill
CEO
Elixir Interactive

4.0 out of 5 stars Content Marketing Guide for Every Industry & Experience Level, July 31, 2011
Accelerate! is compelling and honest thru and thru. Its one of those books you can pass along to clients, colleagues, friends, family or anyone who wonders why creating content for the web is so vital. However, it doesn't just help explain why compelling content is important, but how to create it time and time again. It gave me the confidence to go ahead and get started creating content for my business website and provided some basic rules to help ensure that my content is engaging as well as actually gets found online. I also found the examples and case studies very helpful to understand how I can tell my own unique story online. I recommend this book for anyone who has a business with a website, regardless of what industry and no matter what level of experience you have. There is something in Accelerate! for everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Competitive Advantage, July 31, 2011
We are all looking for a competitive advantage and content marketing along with social media marketing are two areas where those advantages can be found. Arnie Kuenn gives you what you need: the facts and how tos to get it done. I appreciated the level of detail that this book offers and the advice/suggestions as well. This is a book that I will truly keep as a reference and will use to improve my content marketing approach. It's all here from the high level approach to the detail...well done!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›