- File Size: 680 KB
- Print Length: 250 pages
- Publication Date: April 27, 2012
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B007Z4WWZK
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #78,324 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$9.99|
Save $6.00 (60%)
Accelerated Kindle Edition
|Length: 250 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
Matchbook Price: $0.99
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
More About the Author
I was born in Canada and remember as a small boy crawling in my snow-fort. I closed my eyes, and when I tried to open them, they were frozen shut. I didn't panic, but wiped away the ice crystals, unglued my eyes and kept on building my tunnel. Those were great days! I moved to Central California before seventh grade and couldn't believe I lived in a land where oranges grew on trees and you could pick grapes from the vine.
I used to wonder what I wanted to do with my life, what kind of work specifically. I was miserable not knowing and bordering on desperate. Then one day a friend gave me his typewriter. I began working on a novel. A different person told me it was much easier on a computer, so I bought one and began getting up at 4:30 A.M. each morning before work, writing for three hours. My eyes were unglued once again as the pang of misery left my gut. I knew exactly what I wanted to do: write. So now that's what I do, I write, and write, and write, and I love it.
Amazon Author Rankbeta(What's this?)
Top Customer Reviews
Simpering fan praise aside, it is a good paced techno-thriller, but the technologies are not the focus, more that the technology is a prop device. Written in a first-person perspective, with the narrator being (among other things) a private detective, it is very reminiscent of the "hard boiled" genre, where trouble begins from the opening paragraph. Lots of twists and turns to give you a good time trying to out-think the author.
Finally, the book exhibits very high quality editing.
It's kind of in the noir style, with a bit more action. There are twists, interesting turns of phrase, secrets to be uncovered and a bit of speculative sci-fi. I say speculative because it's set in the modern day, or maybe slightly future, with technology forming a backdrop. But the technology and jargon doesn't usually overshadow the plot. You could take away the sci-fi stuff and you'd still have a pretty good action thriller.
He lets you read a good amount for a sample, so see for yourself.
It's easy to see that Heppner writes from the heart, and that's what makes his stories so readable. You can tell that he suffers his heroes' pain and fights for their triumphs. My only regret is that I discovered him so late and hope that he has many more books for us all - many more human dramas with outcomes as unpredictable as life itself.
Having devoured the Doomstar series and the Alternate Europe series I downloaded this book without even reading the preview and was not disapointed. Fast paced, lots of action, intriguing characters, and enough scifi techno babble to keep us fanboys happy!
From the way it ended I'm sure this is the first book of an ongoing series and I'm looking forward to reading future installments.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
A good start but the finish was disappointing it just didn't quite end with any real complete story line. Sorry I enjoyed the story but I wish you had thought It out more.Published 4 months ago by S. Wozniak
I like Vaughn Heppner, his invasion america series is wonderful, but this isn't his best work. the sci-fi premise is pretty weak (dark matter makes you strong), and the plot didn't... Read morePublished 5 months ago by Leeroy Jenkins
One of the few authors whose work I will purchase without first sampling it.Published 5 months ago by mmx98671
This author is tremendous! I have enjoyed his writing style and his subjects. Could an accident happen which could alter the state of one's body and mind development? Read morePublished 6 months ago by Kindle Customer
Not a spy novel or a science fiction novel as the standards suggest, but this is something that combines the two genre's into a combination of what might occur. Read morePublished 8 months ago by Edward O Mumby
Great story, very enjoyable reading - perfect for a summer afternoon, or by a cozy fireplace on a snow-swept weekend.Published 9 months ago by David Riness
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Spies & Politics > Assassinations
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Spies & Politics > Conspiracies
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Spies & Politics > Political
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Superheroes
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Adventure
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Cyberpunk
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Genetic Engineering
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Assassinations
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Conspiracies
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Political
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Pulp
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Superhero
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Adventure
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Cyberpunk
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Dystopian
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Genetic Engineering