Your Garage Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on April 9, 2012
I bought these cables to take advantage of the USB 3.0 ports on two of my ASUS high end motherboards. Previous experience has revealed that typically the thicker the cable the better the data transmission rate and quality. These cables have a quality appearance and the data transmission has been outstanding. The external drive that I purchased included a USB 3.0 cable and in my informal test of transferring a 1.2 GB file between the external drive and my internal SSD (USB 3.0 to 6.0 gb/s SATA), the Accell cable provided the higher data transmission rate.

I am very pleased with these cables.
on January 3, 2012
The Accell A111B-0010B Premium USB 3.0 A/B Cable (3 meters, Black) works as advertised. I use it with to connect my external 1.5 Tb backup drive to both my desktop PC USB 3 ports and also to connect to the USB 2 ports on my laptop. No problems with either connection. The 3 meter length allows me to reach other devices when needed without having to relocate the external drive. The USB 3 ports are at least 3X faster than the USB 2 ports. My hard disk backup times have been shortened consdierably.
on March 28, 2013
I had a 6' USB 3.0 cable that came with a Fujitsu Scanscap iX500. It wasn't quite long enough to reach the adjacent table where the scanner was placed. This Accell cable solved the problem with a foot to spare. Neither the cable from Fujitsu nor the Accell cable worked with USB 3.0 ports but work fine in a USB 2.0 port. This is a known issue with the Scanscap (not the cables) and is irrelevant because the scanner works fine with USB 2.0 and doesn't need the USB 3.0 bandwidth. Note that the USB 3.0 spec requires cables not exceed 3 metres or 9.8 feet in length. I looked and other (thinner) 10 foot USB cables, some of which were reported to have reliability problems and chose this Accell cable for that reason. It's about 6mm wide and seems well shielded whereas other USB longer USB cables I have are 4mm wide.
on November 2, 2011
I bought this to use with a Fujitsu Scansnap, thinking that the USB 3.0 cables would be compatible with the USB 2.0 B ports.

No, no no. But that's not the fault of the cable, that's the fault of the Stupid User. So it sat in my lunchbox of cables and cords, because I figured, heck, if it's going to be the new standard, eventually the tech will catch up and you'll have a use for it.

And lo and behold, that's what happened. I picked up a Bytecc USB 3.0 5.25 enclosure and needed a longer cable than the stock two foot cable to run it to my desk from the desktop machine, remembered I had the cable, and plugged it in. I actually get faster response from this cable than I do from the stock cable that came with the enclosure, and it's a longer cable by about eight feet. Counterintuitive, but it works!
on January 21, 2013
There isn't much to say really. The cable has worked without problems. I've tried it both with a Windows PC to a USB 3.0 hub, and from a MacBook Pro to a both a USB 3.0 hub, and a USB hub internal to a Samsung monitor. There have been no problems. The cable itself seems reasonably well made.

The only complaint is that the wire itself does seem stiff. The wire is thicker and stiffer than some of the USB 3.0 cables that have come with hard drives and hubs. To some extent this might actually be due to better quality materials. So far, that is the only complaint. It just works.
on August 10, 2013
I tried using this with a StarTech USB 3.0 SATA hard drive caddy. It came with a 2 ft cable; too short for my tastes. With the 2 meter cable, the hard drive will connect, but as soon as I do any heavy data transfer, it drops the connection. 2 meters is below the stated maximum length for USB 3.0, so I can only assume there is something inferior about this cable, or I got a defective one. I'll try replacing it and see what happens.
on January 29, 2013
I have 2 "Plugable" brand usb 3.0 "toaster" docks connected to Plugable brand usb pci-express cards that I used to upgrade my computer to usb 3.0. As you probably already know, the usb cables that come with hardware (such as the plugable docks) are usually very small...3ft or so. I wanted a longer cable, so I could put the docks on top of my desk hutch. I bought a fairly known brand, 10ft cable to hook up the dock. I was getting CONSTANT drops and reconnects. Almost to the point where I couldn't transfer anything large to the hard drive that was in the dock, because it would disconnect and reconnect before the transfer was even done.

I also tried a 10ft usb 3.0 extension plug that I plugged the 3ft cable to...still disconnects. So I went to a shorter cable (6 ft) and placed the docks on my desk instead of up on the desk hutch. Still got disconnects...not as much as with the 10ft, but still more than I would like. I got so sick of the "autoplay" coming up for when the thing reconnected that I had to do something about it. I wasn't sure if it was the pci cards, the docks, the hard drives, or the cables that were causing the disconnects. I had a feeling it was the cables, so I purchased 2 of these Accell 10ft cables. They only had 12 reviews, but all but one was 5 stars. It turned out that I was right about the cables being the problem.

These cables have worked great so far. I've had 2 of these 10 ft cables plugged into my docks now for at least a week now. NOT ONE disconnect the entire time for either dock. I am so happy with my setup now. The longer the cable, the more error prone it can be. USB 2.0 cables could be a lot longer and work o.k. Usb 3.0 has a shorter range (but not as bad as eSata which only offers up to 6 ft cables).

These cables have provided great speed as well...faster than other cables I've used. I copied a 6.6gb file from my internal 2tb wd caviar black to a bare internal 3tb wd red drive that's housed in my usb 3 dock. I got sustained speeds of 107 to 111 MB/s...it never dropped below 107 MB/s the whole time. I tried copying the file again, and got the same speeds. I've gotten similar speeds with eSata docks, but this is more consistent (and I hate working with the stiff eSata cables and their difficult to use terminal ends).

As you can tell, I'm very impressed with these cables. If you're looking for a longer usb 3.0 cable that works fast and consistently, you would do well to purchase these cables. The only problem is that they are very hard to find. It seems that they are constantly out of stock...not just on Amazon, but on other sites as well...a manufacturer problem??...i dunno. They eventually came in and were worth the wait. However if you need one sooner than later, you should be hopefully able to find somewhere online that has them in stock. I just bought a third cable, and found that to be true. Don't skimp on buying cheap cables...you may or may not luck out. Save yourself the potential headache!!
on December 13, 2012
I got these for my new backup hard drive and they work great. I tested them and I got the USB 3.0 speed I expected and they are 3 meters or just under 10 feet long. They are made durable and look to last a long time.

I highly recommend them!

Vidimo Se!
on September 22, 2013
Bought this to replace the stock 2ft cord with my external USB3.0 HDD. With Accell 10ft cord, HDD would barely function. HDD dropped off multiple times. Would report files unreadable. When not assigned tasks, HDD would show 100% active in windows task manager with 0 mbs read/write. With stock cord HDD read/writes are 120mbs. I tested with a usb 2.0 cord: read/writes are ~40mbs. This cord rarely completed any file transfer that I threw at it.
on December 30, 2011
Using this cable with a Fantom 4tb Raid External USB3 drive. I get better xfer speeds then with their stock cable, and love the thing, its nice and long which was the problem with the cable they include with the Fantom 4tb (and 6tb for that matter) USB3 drives. Lots of room to move that drive to a convenient place, and great quality in the cable. Fair price.