Facility Spring Cleaning Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on August 8, 2011
I'm using a dell xps17 to drive a dell u2711 monitor and was having issues getting the full resolution out of my monitor. HDMI apparently doesn't have the bandwidth, and a displayport to dvi also didn't work. Using this piece got me all the screen real estate I was missing.
on April 15, 2011
For any Mac users who are wondering about this item -- buy it! Going from the mini-displayport (thunderbolt) on a current model MacBook Pro to the display port on a 30" (non-glossy :-) Dell UltraSharp monitor works perfectly. Have been using this setup for over a month without issue. Kinda makes you wonder why all the other DP to mini DP solutions are so expensive.
on July 7, 2011
A few months ago I needed a Display port to DVI port and bought the Accell B087B-005B UltraAV DisplayPort to DVI-D Single-Link Active Adapter ATI Certified (Black) but now with a new PC build the video cards are all being made with nothing but mini display ports. So now i use my Display port to dvi adapter with this mini display port to display port to run my Eyefinity setup and it works perfect
on September 20, 2012
To get from my MacBook Pro to my HDMI HDTV I ordered this combo. Cable Matters Gold Plated Premium DisplayPort to HDMI Male to Male Cable in Black 6 ft and Accell B112B-001B UltraAV Mini DisplayPort/DisplayPort(f) Adapter (Black) both from Amazon. Works great. You will need to go into system preferences and set display and sound options. I chose mirroring and sound through HDMI. Quality components.
on December 27, 2012
Reviews for these type of adapters seem silly to me, but here goes.

It works for my MacBook Air (2012) 13-inch model and a Dell U2412M monitor. It fits well into the MacBook port with no slippage or looseness. The picture looks excellent and I can't tell any difference from the normal DisplayPort connection with another computer. So far so good.
on August 7, 2010
This dongle is ATI Eyefinity Validated. And it worked great for me when I used this dongle with ATI Eyefinity Validated Dongle for DisplayPort to VGA as my laptop had Mini Display port and it worked fine .This Product works as advertised the moment I plugged it into my laptop. I was able to set up my 3rd monitor in ATI Eyefinity mode and the get the max resolution of my Monitor that is 1600* 1050 and 1600 * 1200 with this dongle. This is again another satisfying purchase from Amazon including the Free shipping option when 25$ above(Including the Dongle for DP to VGA).

I used a ATI ATI Eyefinity Validated dongle for DisplayPort to VGA : Accell UltraAV B101B-003B Display Port with VGA Active Adapter http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003HC85D2/ref=oss_product
I upgraded from an AMD 5770 video card to a 7850 card and the 7850 card I bought has two Mini DisplayPort outputs instead of one DisplayPort output on my old 5770 cards. These adapters are what I needed and they work fine and seem to be of decent quality and of decent price.

My only complaint is that they could use some packaging tips from the Amazon Frustration Free Packaging team. I did not like getting into the well-sealed plastic package but fortunately I did not cut or slice myself.

Other:
* 2 year warranty
* Supports up to 1080p and 2560x1600 for computers
* RoHS compliant
* 24K gold-plated contacts
* High-density triple metal shielding
* Designed in USA and made in China
on January 27, 2014
I got a 13" MBPr and a 27" Asus PB278Q with a native resolution of 2560x1440. I was disappointed to find that I couldn't drive the display at that resolution via HDMI or DVI. Fortunately the Asus has a DisplayPort built-in so all I needed was this adapter and boom, I had an economical alternative to the very pricy Apple Cinema Display.
on February 18, 2013
It's a cable. I use it to connect a Macbook Pro to a WQHD monitor (2560x1440 resolution). It works like it should, I see no issues with the display. The cable itself seems to be good quality and the connectors work as advertised.

Using this adapter is much cheaper than using a mini display port -> dual link DVI adapter which would have been the other way to drive a WQHD monitor at full resolution (HDMI, VGA and single link DVI do not have the required bandwidth).
on November 21, 2013
If you are running a very large monitor at high resolution, the included cable most likely works. Therefore, a short passive adapter like this one is unlikely to put DisplayPort into reduced bandwidth mode. If you were to buy a longer cable (as I tried a few times) your screen might randomly shut off. The original inconveniently-short cable plus this adapter is pretty good, even though it has to go over my desk to reach the monitor. Perhaps an active adapter would fix this issue.

The sticker came off but... who cares?