4.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME Rollator!!
I give this a VERY HAPPY 4 stars!! The ONLY reason I didn't give it 5 was because the back wheels aren't free floating like the front, but they do have a reason for that in the way it stores, so it isn't a huge problem to me!!
Published on February 13, 2011 by Tamara's Trinket's

3.0 out of 5 stars Great, while it lasts. Design is fabulous, quality, so-so.
Published 24 months ago by Inaru

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME Rollator!!, February 13, 2011
This review is from: Access Active Rollator (Health and Beauty)
I do LOVE this Rollator!!! LOVE the big front wheels!! It is SOoooooooooooooo nice and rolls so easily!! And QUIET!! LOVE how quiet it is! I was sick of everybody knowing I was coming & going due to the squeeks and noices from my last one!! LOVE the way everything on it moves & adjusts quickly so it fits ME perfectly!! The handles move up and down and the adjustors are METAL!! So they won't break as easy as others!! The seat moves up and down as needed or can be removed!! (Again, metal) VERY well put together and even has reflectors for safety!!
Like my husband says, it makes me look like I am doing physical therapy, NOT walking with a walker!! (and this is GREAT) I walk more upright!! ALWAYS a plus when ones back is a mess like mine! I don't feel that stress and strain on my lower back like I had with other walkers/rollators!! AWESOME!! And the handles are RIGHT under me so it isn't such a stress on my arms and wrists!! It supports you more fully and AIDS in walking!! Not makes it harder like some!! I feel like it is helping me be the best I can be!!
I highly recomend this to anyone who wants to be more mobile!! It is GREAT!!

5.0 out of 5 stars ABSOLUTELY THE BEST WALKER!!!!, February 28, 2011
Kwins "kdj" (Stone Mountain, GA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Access Active Rollator (Health and Beauty)
I purchased this walker a while ago, when they first became available in the US. I am enormously happy with this purchase. It is stable on all terrains and easy to operate. I have severely compromised balance and this allows me to move around in the school I work in without fear of being knocked over. When I am in my classroom, it is next to my desk and students, visitors, and parents are drawn to it, and often ask if they can sit on it. I also take it and use it as a seat when I am photographing baseball and when I go outside to walk my dogs. The seat and handles are very easily adjustable. It is a vast improvement over standard rollators with exposed cables which haven't had a design change in years. I also own a 4-wheel rollato (with a seat that is several inches too high--it was provided by my insurance) and a 3-wheel rollator, neither of which I use often. When I leave home, the Active Roller is exclusively the one I take with me in the car. Note: It closes very easily, but does not fold flat and is a little heavier than other rollators. A padded seat would be a nice upgrade. The basket is large, and just sits on the frame, but I added velcro strips to mine to insure it stays in place. I would not hesitate to buy another one. This is a greatly improved, stable and stylish walker that addresses the user's needs safely without looking too clinical. The large front tires are an incredible enhancement. If you can't afford one, it is worth saving for, rather than settling for what your insurance will pay for. I give it 5 stars. It will only enhance your life if you have mobility issues that require you to use a walker.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeds my expectations, January 6, 2012
This review is from: Access Active Rollator (Health and Beauty)
I have MS and normally walk with two canes. There are those days (weeks) where a walker is necessary but I was after a walker that didn't make me feel like I had just escaped from a nursing home. The lines of the Access Active were an immediate draw, as were the large 10" front wheels. Upon delivery (just two days by regular ground for me), it was very easy to adjust to my height, 6'1". The brake cables running inside the supports are a very nice touch, adding to the sleek, uncluttered look. The joy, however, is that it works great! The function is considerably improved over conventional wheeled walkers. The large front wheels make it easy to negotiate thresholds and small obstacles. I have added the proprietary cane holders for my canes and am most pleased with how functional they are as well. The Access Active costs more, but, in my opinion, is well worth it.

4.0 out of 5 stars The SUV of Rollators, February 10, 2012
This review is from: Access Active Rollator (Health and Beauty)
They make so much sense, it's hard to believe rollators have only been around a decade or so. A spinal infection put me in a wheelchair most of the time. However, like other crippled people, I still need to be able to get as much exercise as possible. My first rollator was an Invacare 3-wheeler, which I still keep in the car trunk because it folds smaller than a 4-wheeler. There's just one real problem for me: no seat to rest on if I need it, and I do after a certain amount of walking. I have beautiful sidewalks in my neighborhood and wanted something to be able to walk as much as possible, but to sit and rest when necessary.

I discovered this Active rollator on YouTube, watching videos of various models. Unlike any other I've seen, it had really large front wheels for negotiating different surfaces. I will find myself backing over curbs, etc., with my wheelchair using the large back wheels. This rollator functions the same way with the front wheels. I also own a Healthsmart rollator that looks somewhat like a cross between this Active model and the newer and lighter Breeze. However, it collapses side-to-side like a wheelchair. This Active collapses back-to-front. Keep in mind, though, that it's still quite large even then. I could fit it in the trunk of my little Corolla with a full sized spare, but it'd be a lot of work. If I'm taking it with me, I put it in the back seat. It is also rather heavy in weight, several pounds more than my 3-wheeled Invacare. I don't have a large lift to put it in the car but it could be a problem if I did-like some pickup, etc. That weight translates into a reall solid feeling when open and being used, though. It is great how superfast one can adjust the handles and seat height separately without a lot of fiddling for little holes. It is also great how the brake cables are buried inside the frame so that they don't catch on anything. This rollator looks smooth and sleek compared to the cheaper ones on the market. More than anything, though, what I love is those large front wheels that can negotiate different terrain so easily. I wouldn't buy this just to use in my house. However, for someone like me to wants to actually get out and walk, it's superb. BTW I didn't buy from Amazon because the options aren't available here; I bought through the US distributor because I wanted the backrest and seat padding and cane holder. Plus, it comes in gray as shown here, black and dark blue.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great, while it lasts. Design is fabulous, quality, so-so., September 24, 2012
Inaru "bibliophilia" (Puget Sound Area, WA, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Access Active Rollator (Health and Beauty)
If all you need is a good looking walker with safer large wheels on smooth surfaces for slow-to-normal walks, this is great. I found this cheaper on a medical supply website, and for my expectations - "Active" speed-walking for cardio - it was not worth almost $300, three times more than the average rinky-dink walker. If it lasted the full 2 years, safely, at the speed I need, then yes, but it didn't.

This walker is swell for someone who walks slowly, and who doesn't have to go through gravel often, but the "Active" label can be downright dangerous, if you actually try to walk at a quick pace to get a workout and the front wheels aren't steady. Heavy use on gravel might be what makes the front wheels shaky, in time, but we have few sidewalks, so gravel it is here.

It's wonderful when first out of the box. It looks good, feels solid, and definitely the design makes it easier to get over curbs and uneven surfaces, and the hidden brake cables are fantastic. When new, it is silent, and smooth even when you speed-walk, a real pleasure to move quickly, outdoors, again. It folds nicely for travel. But it's made in China. Beautifully designed in Norway, but made in China by underpaid workers.

Its front wheels can become shaky, quickly. The first one I received only lasted six blissful months, then the right front wheel began to shimmy so hard when I went at a quicker pace to get some cardio, it pulled me to the right, on smooth pavement, until I almost went into a ditch several times. Removing the wheel and tightening the bearings did not help, at all. It's a defect inside the fork that holds the wheel, and my mechanically-inclined friends found no way to take that apart. It's covered in hard plastic which you cannot open nor replace. If it were made as accessible for repairs as a bike, it would be worth every dime.

The manual did not include the warranty info, nor was any separate warranty info included. The warranty is good for two years, not six months, so I contacted the company in Norway, via their website, to either get repair information, or request a refund. It took a couple of weeks and several follow-ups to get my complaint forwarded to and reviewed by the U.S. distributor, but the company got it done.

I emailed my electronic invoice to them, and the distributor sent a brand new rollator. Shipping is so expensive, they did not bother to get the old one back - which just goes to show how little this must actually cost to construct in China. Yes, in China. For all the bragging about Norwegian design, the production is in China, and the quality is as can be expected - bad! However, I need a good walker, so I tried again.

The replacement did not last even THREE months. BOTH front wheels shimmy and shake so hard, on smooth pavement, that I can barely control it, and it sounds like a kid's bicycle when he puts a card in the spokes - loud! Removing the wheels, tightening bearings, did not help. Again, it is especially shaky on the right front wheel, I lost cardio build-up time, and it seems I have bought this to irritate my right shoulder. Unbelievable. Now note that I want this to be active, as labeled. It might hold up better for folks who just want to meander. I'm trying to cover ground quickly, often, to not add weight-gain to my mobility challenges. And I love a fast walk-and-roll.

Despite the brilliant Norwegian design, the quality control is dismal. Out of two walkers, neither kept rolling smoothly after 3-6 months. The front wheels can become shaky. The basket is very hard plastic and mesh, it won't keep your things dry in the rain, and it comes off whenever you remove things unless you're very careful with it. I am now requesting a complete refund, as winter is coming, and I need to find something that is actually safe and reliable for "Active" cardio, and works for two years, not 3-6 months. I'll come back and update this.

If you need speed, try to find a brand that is made in the US or somewhere other than China, or at least has open-for-easy-repair construction. This design is great, but it doesn't matter if quality control is so poor and you can't fix it yourself.

Update: The company contacted the site I bought this from (not Amazon), again, and issued a refund, so the warranty is good, the manufacturer wants you to be happy. You might get one that works perfectly and lasts, or you might not need to use it for cardio. If so, it's a great design. I am making do, for now, with the first one I received, which works better than the second. If you don't try to go fast, it's very nice, and the larger wheels definitely make it safer to use on uneven surfaces. I'm hoping Santa brings me one made for speed, so I can get some cardio, speed-walking outdoors, as I intended when I got this. Just because we need help with balance and impact shouldn't mean we have give up the best therapy - long fast walks - in this day and age!

5.0 out of 5 stars Stable, useful., July 18, 2011
This review is from: Access Active Rollator (Health and Beauty)
This walker is very stable, gets around the house well, and handled gravel, pebbles and muddy areas in the yard ok too. The kerb step-up function works well and is useful.
Has a seat and a basket. Easy to fold flat using one-finger lever, smooth operation. The physical therapist recommended that the handle height should be approx level to hip bone for best comfort for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!, January 28, 2012
This review is from: Access Active Rollator (Health and Beauty)
This rollator is worth it's price! It comes fully assembled ready to use. It is excellent on all terrains. Easy in and out of car.
Have mobility back! Very useful around the house when having to move items from one room to another..just put item on the seat.
I love it and wished I had purchased it sooner! Weight limit is 275 lbs which isn't listed anywhere in description.
The basket is also very helpful. Highly recommend this rollator!

4.0 out of 5 stars named right access active, November 10, 2011
This review is from: Access Active Rollator (Health and Beauty)
I recieved my Rollator a few weeks ago and I have to say WOW,it is great,
it looks great its easy to get around with.I can load it in and out of my
car my self.and to be able to sit when ever i need to is excellent.
I would have liked to known how wide the seat was and weight capasity,but it works.
It is what I needed!it was $288.00 when I put it in my cart and by the time
I rounded up enough money to purchase it the price went up $40.00 more dollars
I didn't like that. all in all I love to use it ,
I have had lots of people ask me where i got it ..

3.0 out of 5 stars ACTIVE you must be for the ROLLATOR, December 14, 2011
To whom it may concern,

The large front wheels rollator prove to be tough lifts over curbs, so not making the backrest standard (to grab & thus to lift w/) to our dismay precluded a positive review. As it is, only the fittest should buy. The suggested action for the user to step on small ledges on the inside of either rear wheel to try to raise the front to clear curbs proved to be very problematic for our intended user and we think such to be the case for most who are using a walker for stability to begin w/. Also, the seat is not deep enough for comfort and too hard, at least w/o the optional seat cushion, not sampled either. Since Amazon neither carries the backrest nor the seat cushion even for optional purchase, we sent it back. FYI, adding the cost of those options increases the total cost making us also question the value equation.

1.0 out of 5 stars Unable to Contact for Warranty Info, November 6, 2012
This review is from: Access Active Rollator (Health and Beauty)
I am unable to get in touch with "Access" regarding the warranty information for my item that is faulty. It is outside the return window and now I am unable to get in touch with anyone to assist further.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›