4.0 out of 5 stars A lot right!
Published on January 22, 2009 by Timothy J. Etherington

1.0 out of 5 stars slow and weak
Published on November 12, 2008 by Bruce Siefers

1.0 out of 5 stars slow and weak, November 12, 2008
Bruce Siefers (Lake Erie shoreline in OH) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Access HD 1080U Digital to Analog TV Converter Box (Electronics)
First the good - You can do a new scan and add it to the existing scan. Now the bad, it only picks up very close and strong stations, switching between stations is very slow, it does not have a program guide, and the remote range is poor on some functions(on/off is ten feet, others maybe up to eighteen feet). I have a sixteen foot amplified rotating antenna which gives me perfect reception from stations 120 miles away in analog, but with this unit I can hardly get some of the stations that are fifty miles away and only some of the time. I have heard that other units have better reception and that the digital signals are weak. Looks like free TV in the US is gone except in or close to major cities. I will be only watching Canadian TV come Feb (No plans for digital in Canada yet).

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke after three weeks, November 20, 2008
I bought this converter based off of a lot of research and reviews of the different inexpensive boxes on the market. I thought I was making an informed decision and bought TWO of the Access HD 1080U converters. After using it for only three weeks, one of them broke. It won't read anything and all I get is static. I would recommend buying something else, as I am going to have myself.

4.0 out of 5 stars A lot right!, January 22, 2009
There are a few pluses for this. The one I got came with a universal remote. One remote to control the TV and the converter. This also has pass through mode where it will pump the antenna to the TV without having to move the cables. There are a few channels I can't get digitally (yet) and so it is nice to be able to switch to analogue mode. Set up was a breeze. It took about 5 minutes for the unit to find all the channels.

The down side is that it doesn't seem to have an overall guide. It does give you a "guide" for the channel you're tuned to. An overall guide would be nice. The other thing, which isn't a problem with the unit, is that I think I'm going to need a better indoor antenna. Rabbit ears aren't going to cut it.

2.0 out of 5 stars this box has problems, February 12, 2009
this converter box gets very warm when on and from time to time
won't go off when you turn it off, and has to be unplugged to
reset it......the "pretty" universal remote is difficult to hold and
use......even though the tv picture is very good, CHOOSE SOMETHING ELSE!!

1.0 out of 5 stars THIS CONVERTER IS A PIECE OF JUNK !, June 28, 2009
OFOPOS (Spokane, WA United States) - See all my reviews
Converter started having problems within a month of use. Box gets very hot after a few minutes of use and fails to tune in the signal for several channels that it was able to tune in when the converter was first turned on.

Customer service is a joke even if you can understand someone trying to speak in a foreign language, the warranty is non existent, despite documentation of a warranty in the manual, guess that is what "LIMITED WARRANTY & SERVICE" is.

1.0 out of 5 stars awful audio and great picture, February 19, 2009
Alleranth (South Carolina, USA) - See all my reviews
My converter makes a terrible buzzing sound so loud that it overpowers the audio. Sad, because the picture is great. Turned my TV sound on low as suggested and used the remote that came with the converter but this method barely raises the volume above a whisper. Looks like I have to get another converter.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this product..., September 24, 2009
This is a terrible product... my first unit worked ok for a month or so and then just quit, the replacement unit doesn't work out of the box... the unit won't turn on at all!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, July 27, 2009
Bought this unit on spur of the moment, without doing research. Hooked it up to my travel trailer. Followed what little instructions included with installation. Unit did scan DTV signals. The box got so hot it smells like burning electric circuit, too hot to touch! Its remote offers no volume control just a insanely loud buzzing sound. The RV Winegard Sensor antenna is DTV ready, but my Tosiba TV was not. Shame on me for not doing my homework before this purchase. Seems like this AccessHD company was out to rip off as many Americans as possible, they can find my converter box in the bottom of a dumpster. America beware!

1.0 out of 5 stars this is no good product. it did not work for me even only one minute, I want to return it but can find the way to return. help., May 14, 2009
This is no good product. It did not work for me even only one minute. At the time it reach me. I test it. it did not work OK, but I can not find out how to return it.
Please never buy this name brand.

Please help me to return it.
Thank you. Yu, Ming

1.0 out of 5 stars Search for another converter box, March 2, 2009
Mik (Wisconsin) - See all my reviews
This box has good picture quality but the high pitched audio buzzing makes this a bad choice. Set up not as simple as you would think.

Access HD 1080U Digital to Analog TV Converter Box