Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Must Have Accessory Kit For Canon VIXIA HF R52, HF R50, HF R500, HF R62, HF R60, HF R600, VIXIA HF R700, HF R72, HF R70 Digital Camcorder Includes Replacement BP-718 Battery + Charger + Case + More
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on March 5, 2013
The cables already comes with the camera.
The batteryl ife isn't that impressive and it doesn't communicate witht the camcorder.
The stand is not sturdy.

You could probably get better quality if bought seperately.
on June 3, 2013
Given the price, I guess I'm shouldn't be surprised. The tri-pod is an inexpensive one that has a hard time in windy conditions and does not pan well due to the low quality plastic parts. The bag is nice but fairly light-weight with a small number of useful compartments. Battery and charger work OK, but the battery is a non-cannon brand so my videocam keeps giving me errors that my battery usage cannot be reported. I only use it in emergency situations as a backup. Ultimately you get what you pay for...
on January 23, 2013
I bought the "Must Have Accessory Kit" for my new Canon camcorder. The kit comes with everything you need to get started and protect you investment. Be aware that the battery that comes with the kit will power up your camcorder, however the battery will not communicate with the camera, so the battery status doesn't light up. You also have to use their charger rather than charge through the camera.
That being said, I called Butterfly Photo and their customer service on this issue was excellent.
on January 17, 2016
The accessory kit is ok. Nothing spectacular. It all depends on what your already have and/or need with your camcorder:

The extra battery pack will probably come in handy for us when we are on vacation, but otherwise it is just something that takes up extra space considering the little amount of time we really use it. The charger is nice though so that I don't have to leave the camera lying around for my kids to destroy every time I charge the battery.

The two tripods are a joke. The little one barely stands up with this and would be better suited to a little point and shoot camera than the camcorder. The taller adjustable one is flimsy at best. It would probably not stand up very well if there were even a slight breeze and honestly, I would be worried about the camera getting knocked over. I already have a much better tripod so I just gave that away and would highly recommend you just buy a separate one if you really need one.

The USB card reader would be helpful if your computer does not have a card reader built in it. Mine does. It could come in hand if you wanted to just look at files on your TV (if it has a USB spot) but that can also easily be accomplished with the HDMI cable.

Screen protector and cleaning kit: Both are very useful. The screen protector is 3 sheets so they could easily be used for other items as well as the camera. The cleaning kit is nice to have and was a life saver for me not for the camera, but for our new TV thanks to the kids...haha.

The only thing I found absolutely useful out of this was the camera bag. It has plenty of room for storing the stuff that you need when you're on the go. It's very useful and hopefully holds up well. I'm sure you could find a comparable one for the same price as this kit.

Is the kit worth getting? That just depends on what your needs are....what you have already and what you might need. Think about which of these items are necessary for you.
on September 1, 2012
Very Pleased with this purchase & product value. Contains every possible accessory you would need to get the full potential of your camcorder, at a VERY affordable price. Very pleased with each & every one of the products in this kit!! only feature missing was a memory card. That little piece is the only thing making it less than perfect but stlll great!! Love the cute little travel tabletop tripod, so convenient!
on July 22, 2013
I purchased the Accessory Kit as I had just added the Canon VIXIA to my present cameras. As I do multi-camera shoots, the camera was about the right size. However I realized I needed another battery and a charger, and not just the "charge on camera battery" that comes with the camera. This kit gave me several other goodies that I would probably have picked up as needed. Already had tri-pod, but this adds second one, and is light enough to grab-and-go. Already had SD reader, and HDMI cable, but great to have spare. For the price of this kit I felt like I received a great deal. Another bonus is Amazon has the items listed that one might need with whatever you purchase, which means you don't have to hunt for the extras. Saves time.
Ultimately, it does come down to getting what you paid for. The tripod is flimsy at best, and has a nice curve to it. (Attached image, and no, that's not a camera trick) Also, the top part of the tripod that extends up is all but useless, since you have to tighten the TINY screw so hard just to get it to hold under the weight of the tripod top - never mind putting a camera on it. I'd say the tripod is essentially useless.

The cool adapter to go from SDHC to USB (which I really did need) is rusted. Seriously, you sent a rusted "new" item. (Attached image as well)

I hope the battery and charger work. I'm waiting for it to explode on the wall while charging. To be FAIR, it did register with the camera (Canon Vixia HF R700) and shows a battery life of ~ 70% when shipped, so I am going to assume the battery works with the camera okay.

The "3 Piece deluxe cleaning kit" came with a broken cap. (Also attached image) IS ANYONE doing quality control?

The carrying bag is nice, and honestly the best part of the entire kit. I like the multiple pockets, but be careful with the zippers - they feel like they might break if you're not extra careful with them.

The mini table top tripod is cool, and very rugged. Arguably the most rock solid piece of this kit. It's not practical since you will never get a level shot with it, but it does appeal to the cool factor.

I haven't used the HDMI cable yet, since I have one already that came with the camera. I hope it works when I try it though.

All in all, very nice kit if you plan on getting it for your child who will break anything in a week regardless of quality.
review image review image review image review image
on April 20, 2016
This was a pretty good accessory bag. Having the additional battery and charger is a big plus. Nice carrying case. The extended tripod is an absolute must for doing any really good scenic type shooting with your camera. it adjust in a variety of ways allowing you to angle the camera, as well as adjust the height of the camera with three extension levels. The mini tripod is more or less useless as far as I'm concerned. The one thing that really makes this kit great, is the very short USB cable that allows you the ability to connect your camera directly to your computer and download your video's straight onto your hard drive. Although if you have a flash drive, you can download the SD card and do the same. it is a very simple though via this short little type C usb cable. Had they included a Lavalier (mic) this would indeed have been a 5 star purchase for me. Although I'm not complaining, the Canon really does fine without a Mic. The set at the price as is, is a good package deal. Especially if buying these items separately.
on April 15, 2014
It's great to have some extras, especially the battery and the wall charger (since the camera doesn't come with one.) And a bag, huge plus. The tripod is pretty flimsy and low-tech, but it's fine for very light usage, which is what I use it for. Probably not sturdy enough to go to a lot of ball games for videoing your child. But it's good enough for me, well worth the price for all the other stuff!
on February 13, 2015
Several of the items fell apart before first use. The tripod in particular was very poorly made and wouldn't even hold a point and shoot. Several screws in the head fell out when adjusting it, and could not be put back in due to the way it was constructed. Don't be fooled by the items labeled 'Vivitar'... Once a respectable brand name, now just a licensed moniker for commoditized junk.