Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Amethyst Jewelry Men's Leather Watches Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now SnS

on June 18, 2013
I was looking on Amazon for a reasonably priced longer recording battery. When this Butterfly accessory kit was displayed on Amazon, I was impressed. At the time the retail store where I purcahsed the Sony HDR-CX230 was only offering the Sony brand batteries which by itself was more expensive then the entire kit. The battery is generic but is 2300Mah. The rest of the items were a bonus and good to fine quality. I needed the AC & DC charger as this camera model does not include one with package, the 50" tripod nice quality, very nice case. Mini Tabletop Tripod + USB 2.0 Secure Digital Slim Card Reader/Writer + (6FT) HDMI Male to Micro HDMI + ButterflyPhoto Micro Fiber Cleaning Cloth + Universal 5" LCD Screen Protectors are icing on the cake.
on January 7, 2015
This came in, and found it fits my Sony Handy Cam perfectly, and all of the accessories I have brought in to work with it. I did however modify it some; by adding on two Lash-Tabs and straps to hold the long tripod and its case on the bottom of the bag. I also made a sports mesh pocket sleeve that closes with hook/loop and made a newer heavy duty, longer, wider shoulder strap with comfort pad and double end adjustment. The one that comes with the bag is good for over one shoulder but is a bit tight for someone as big as I am for cross body secure carry/

I ordered in extra rechargeable batteries for the handy cam and they and their chargers also fit in here nicely with room enough left over to hold my Sony Cyber-Shot camera and its cables as well.
on June 24, 2015
If anything, this kit is good for the extra battery and car/wall charger. Reason for not giving it a 5-star, is the tripod. It's pretty flimsy. The knob to clamp down the height adjustment broke in half when I was trying to loosen it, not tightening, but loosening it.

The bag is a good size to take all the stuff you need, but, we still manage to fit what we needed into the original Sony bag that came with our HDR. All the extra stuff are bonus, as all I really wanted was the wall/car charger and extra battery(which last pretty long).
on December 6, 2013
I thought this was a great deal because you get everything in this package for the cost of one name brand Sony spare battery. But when I received the package today I was a little disappointed with the overall quality of the tripod (it seems a little flimsy) and the zippers on the carry bag. The zippers were actually broken on the one I received, so I am going to try getting a new one. If the next bag comes without issue I will edit this post.
on May 2, 2015
Bought this as an accessory kit for sons Sony camcorder. For the price you really cant be disappointed. The mini tripod is almost completely useless in most occasions. Very flimsy. But everything else is really good. The extra battery and charger are worth the price alone. The tripod is pretty good too. Not the greatest quality but works great. Plus you get a bag. Incredible for the price really. Totally woth it.
on January 5, 2015
The tripod is kinda cheap, and the mini-tripod is almost unusable. The cable enclosed is an HDMI to USB cable, and I have not tried to use it yet. The bag is nice, the battery and charger are nice, and the cleaning stuff is nice. Overall, a reasonable price for what you get.
on April 23, 2015
tripods are ridiculously useless. battery and charger are good. bag is good. hdmi cable is ok - the one that came with the camera still works, so this one is now a backup. cleaning cloths, screen protectors and card reader i have yet to try. maybe I will update this shortly.
on March 31, 2015
Opening and going through the box was a little like Christmas, there are many items in the box, the regular tripod with the extending legs seem better suited for a table top tripod as the legs look pretty thin and potentially a problem when fully extended out especially in outdoor conditions. The table top tripod seems more like a novelty than functional, but I have not attempted to use it and probably won't. With my big sturdy tripod and these 2 provided in this kit, I now have something to fit every occasion. The carrying case is nice and has lots of pockets on the outside for gadgets. And it is nice (almost essential) to have the larger battery and charger. For the money you get a lot of items to make your camcorder a complete package.
on June 20, 2014
I loved this from the first day I got it everything works the battery that came with it is strong I used it at my son's graduation and it lasted the whole time never saw the bars move ceremony was over 2 hours.
on April 25, 2015
I like the kit. I got for the extra battery and card reader. Nice camera bag comes with it, although the I did buy a Sony camera bag. It does seem a little cheap but for the money good little kit. I'm pleased.

See 1 answered question