5.0 out of 5 stars Great book--useful overiview of accounting.
Published on November 13, 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars Great as a supplement, poor as a primer
This book is not a how-to guide for setting up your books, nor is it an introductory "accounting for dummies" type book. It is a review that reflects the topics taught in introductory accounting classes. As a result, topics are presented in a concise manner, then the text moves on to the next topic.
Although I love the terse, no-nonsense style of the...
Published on November 19, 2001 by J. Turner

3.0 out of 5 stars Great as a supplement, poor as a primer, November 19, 2001
J. Turner (Minnesota United States) - See all my reviews
Although I love the terse, no-nonsense style of the Business Review series, I was somewhat disappointed in this book. Double-entry accounting is summarized, not explained. It does, however, cover the basics with real world examples and exercises.
Purchase orders are only mentioned in passing. Sales invoices, sales receipts, service invoices, and are not mentioned at all. The chapter on receivables and payables focuses on methods of writing off bad debts, and extending credit.
If you are looking for a review for your accounting class, this might be it. If you are looking for a one-stop resource to help run your business, you might finish this book and find yourself reaching for other books to fill the gaps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book--useful overiview of accounting., November 13, 1999
By A Customer
After reading other "overview" books, this one Ifound to be the most effective. Eisen gives an excellent breakdown ofmajor accounting concepts. He gives enough detail to explain concepts in a pratical manner yet still handles every major area I needed information on; he's comprehensive yet still concise. Information about the chart of accounts, general ledger, journal, sales transactions, costs, etc. were all explained with the assumption the reader is a beginner without treating the reader like an idiot. I'm glad I found this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good MBA Review Text, August 2, 2005
P. Nason (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
I am due to start my MBA in the fall, and was really worried about never having taken an accounting class before. This book has provided a good subject overview, and I feel like I'll be better prepared for my courses. My only complaint is the organization of the practice questions - they're not referenced sequentially in the text, so you wind up jumping back and forth quite a bit. A minor problem, but a little annoying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great MBA program or CLEP prep, September 17, 2003
Michael T. Cox (Durham, NC United States) - See all my reviews
Your Business Review series is excellent. While this series was not designed for CLEPs or any of the other standardized examinations universities use to test accomplished areas of knowledge, I have found the entire series crucial for just that. Particularly as I am entering an MBA program. These volumes were precisely what I needed, and I have been telling everyone with even slight interest in these topics about them. Specifically, I am referring to the following books of the series (by title): Accounting, Business Statistics, Economics, Finance, Management, and Marketing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Introductory Text, February 8, 2003
I learned the principles of accounting in a week using this book. These are the things I like about it:
1. Copious examples
2. Small in size and inexpensive
3. Explains accounting from a manual perspective (ie does not assume that you have Quickbooks, etc). That way you get to learn the underlying principles better
4. Covers all the bases in an introductory course
I would highly recommend this to individuals that want to learn accounting. This is an excellent first book. Keep in mind that once you have mastered the basics from this book, you will want to go to other more advanced texts.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent book, November 1, 2013
Adela Somonte (WHITESTONE, NY, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Accounting (Barron's Accounting) (Paperback)
This is an excellent book to help you pass your accounting class with an A. I am using to tutor my son and I see the improvement already.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Accounting Review!, April 28, 2013
This review is from: Accounting (Barron's Accounting) (Paperback)
I was an accounting minor in undergrad, but have not worked in an accounting role, so I was a bit rusty in accounting principles to say the least going into my MBA program. With a list of problems from my professor, I was able to connect the dots once more thanks to this book. It was a great basis going into a graduate level accounting class, which I was able to manage an A; partly thanks to this book.

Definitely recommended if you've been out of the accounting field for a while.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, June 18, 2012
This review is from: Accounting (Barron's Accounting) (Paperback)
I highly recommend this book, it's easy to understand and is very self-explanatory. It is loaded with practice exercises with the answer key.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better Than Expected, June 20, 2011
This review is from: Accounting (Barron's Accounting) (Paperback)
I took only one Accounting course in college but I'm heading into a career where I need decent Accounting skills. I purchased this book as a review/teaching manual and was not disappointed. Written well to keep attention - chapters are short and to the point. I would recommend for anyone in a similar situation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like New Condition, March 3, 2011
This review is from: Accounting (Barron's Accounting) (Paperback)
Accounting (Barron's Business Review Series) arrived well within the agreed upon time and in almost perfect "like new" condition. Only a few light pencil marks in the table of contents kept it from 100% "new" condition. Great service! Great value! Just what I needed, thank you!

Accounting (Barron's Accounting)
Accounting (Barron's Accounting) by Peter J. Eisen (Paperback - April 1, 2007)
Used & New from: $0.10