4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but need answers to questions

1.0 out of 5 stars Accounting made more difficult by warren reeve fess
Published on March 8, 2008 by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but need answers to questions, June 24, 2002
This review is from: Accounting (Accounting / Carl S. Warren) (Hardcover)
Pretty good text. Includes interesting real-world applications and easy-to-understand chapter layouts. The one gripe I have is that answers hould be provided to the questions at the end of each chapter (or should be available for purchase in a separate textbook). I have taken two accounting classes in which this book was used and in both classes the teacher had to xerox the answers out of his answer book for the entire class. I learned so much more this way. Rather than trying to figure them out on my own, I could see what the answer was and then figure out WHY.

5.0 out of 5 stars Basic and to the point, March 25, 2003
This review is from: Accounting (Accounting / Carl S. Warren) (Hardcover)
This textbook makes accounting look easy compared to other accounting textbooks I have examined. It covers the basics of accounting and goes right to the point. It has many problems at the end of each chapter that's great for practice and review. It also provides a website you could go to for a quick review and practice quiz.

1.0 out of 5 stars Accounting made more difficult by warren reeve fess, March 8, 2008
This review is from: Accounting (Accounting / Carl S. Warren) (Hardcover)
I am a non-accounting student in an MBA program, with little desire to be an accountant. I realize that I need to understand this but inthe course of using this in a distance ed course for transfer, with no instruction from the lousy prof, I have found myself referring to Schaum's and other accounting made easy books to understand terms and concepts. This book is poorly designed in that if you are examining a problem, it should show all the components of the problem on the pages facing you, not having to refer back to data covered 4-5 pages ago. The constant flipping back and forth is most annoying. Accounting as I now understand it is less complicated than this book makes it out to be. One can use real world examples with a more descriptive understanding of where a set of numbers goes after some transaction, all the arrows with no descriptions is also confusing. I think that Warren Reeve and Fess need to look at accounting from the beginning student perspective as opposed to approaching it from a professorial point of view. Think about how you had to start.... with no concepts or knowledge and start from there.

My gripe is done

1.0 out of 5 stars Student's viewpoint, March 21, 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Accounting (Accounting / Carl S. Warren) (Hardcover)
The text is grossly overpriced...and the workbook is another $[money] (Typical prices at the beginning of the spring semester). Too much effort spent making the text look pretty with full color plates and lots of sidebars with colored backgrounds. Some definitions seem to be vague. As is typical of the text, the differences and similarities between such items as revenue journals, cash receipts journals and purchase journals are not clearly presented and it is left to the student to try to deduce the important differences.
More final answers to the problems should be provided--the details of arriving at the answer should, of course, be left to the student and the instructor. It is a fallacy to think that most students will just copy the answer and be on their way This instructor's experience is that students work far harder to find their mistakes in order to obtain a known correct answer. IT IS AT THIS POINT THAT TRUE LEARNING TAKES PLACE...

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent accounting book, September 14, 2001
Manuel Evia Puerto (Merida, Yucatán, Mexico) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Accounting (Accounting / Carl S. Warren) (Hardcover)
This book is truly an amazing accounting text. I used the 19th edition to teach to studens of Master in International Bussiness. Higly didactic and very well explained. Maybe the best basically accountancy book I ever used.
Manuel Evia, CPA, MsF

4.0 out of 5 stars its a good book, April 27, 2004
This review is from: Accounting (Accounting / Carl S. Warren) (Hardcover)
i liked the book very much, it has alot of informations
accounting students can get alot of knowledge from this book.
it helped me in my studies.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCITED FIRST TIME BUYER, March 10, 2003
YVETTE CALDWELL (ORLANDO, FL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Accounting (Accounting / Carl S. Warren) (Hardcover)
RECEIVED SHIPMENT IN TIME FOR CLASS. EXPIDIENT DELIVERY. DEFINITELY WILL BUY AGAIN. BOOK IN GREAT CONDITION. HIGHLY RECOMMEND TO OTHERS. FAST AND EFFICIENT SERVICE

4.0 out of 5 stars SLOW DELIVERY, February 2, 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Accounting (Accounting / Carl S. Warren) (Hardcover)
Amazon says will ship in 24hrs. What a joke!! I ordered it 3 weeks ago, and I still don't have it!

Accounting (Accounting / Carl S. Warren)
Accounting (Accounting / Carl S. Warren) by Philip E. Fess (Hardcover - March 16, 2001)
Used & New from: $0.01