5.0 out of 5 stars Great Idea
Good book and love the idea of renting versus buying; cheaper and equitable for students. Thank you for the hassle free business
Published 3 months ago by Jon

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly written and organized
Published 21 months ago by C Scariot

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly written and organized, December 12, 2012
This review is from: Accounting for Governmental and Nonprofit Entities (Hardcover)
This book was required for a graduate level Governmental Accounting course. Instructors, please do your students a favor and choose another text. Nearly every student in the class that I have spoken with found this text to be poorly written and incredibly tedious to read. I seems as though little thought was put into logical organization. The authors constantly refer to other sections or chapters in the book for explanations. It is more a patchwork of information than a viable educational tool.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horribly Written, January 7, 2013
I purchased this book for a Grad Class. It is a gorgeous book and you would think that it would be better written-unfortunately it is not. The author introduces ideas vaguely, builds off those vague ideas and does not explain them until later chapters. There is no linear advancement of ideas, which makes an already difficult subject, painful.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not organized enough, January 2, 2013
For a accounting book it is typical to have alot of information, but why in such a unorganized way? I wish the book was more reader friendly.

1.0 out of 5 stars One of the worst Textbooks I have come across in my accounting education, February 11, 2013
This textbook says it is written for Seniors and Grad level students. Well, it assumes you are already a massively skilled accountant, working with the principles daily. I struggled with the textbook and the class so much that I asked my sister to tutor me. She is a CPA. I thought I just was not getting it, but she says the textbook does not give enough information to solve the problems in each chapter, and that it was one of the worst textbooks she'd ever seen. If this is a required text for you class, good luck.

3.0 out of 5 stars Badly needs an editor!, June 30, 2013
While very informative this book is not an easy read. It is quite obvious that the book has multiple authors. It is very easy to tell there styles apart. This edition appears to have been rushed to the printer without having an editor look at several of the chapters. Run on sentences and sentences with multiple subjects but no conclusion are unfortunately the norm in some of the chapters. Another issue was TMI. It is a true shame when so much information is presented in an introductory paragraph that it takes four or five more chapters before the reader has enough background information to understand chapter 4. :(

2.0 out of 5 stars Poorly written text book, May 30, 2013
Venus Soto (Jacksonville, Florida United States) - See all my reviews
I had to buy this book for a graduate level course and agree with many of the reviews posted so far. About a quarter of the book talks about the layout of the book rather then explaining content. There are some chapters that appear to have been written by Yoda because the sentence structures are backwards. If possible, I recommend not taking a class that recommends this text.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, May 2, 2013
I hope all my enemies have to read this textbook. Good luck reading through the muck to find the bits of useful information imbedded in it and not emphasized. The guided examples of journal entries are a joke and broken - out - all - over - the - place. Hell I'm getting mad just thinking about it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to follow, February 15, 2013
The earlier chapters constantly would reference material that wouldn't be covered until a later chapter which made it difficult to actually learn the material. In addition the professor expressed that since there would be a new edition next year it comes across as being obsolete.

2.0 out of 5 stars I've had worse textbooks..., April 20, 2014
Jennifer Leonard (Kent County, MI United States) - See all my reviews
I actually didn't have too much of a problem with the chapters as written. I found a lot of it dull, sure, but I don't know how much more exciting the topics could be. There were some terms that were never defined ("vouchering" for example, took me hours to figure out if that meant creating the voucher or paying it off -- and I found both definitions online. FYI, it means creating the voucher.).

What I really couldn't stand was how the text seemed to make sense enough, and then the homework problems that followed each chapter asked readers to do things that were more complicated or at least vastly different than the text taught how to do. As an analogy (okay, slightly exaggerated...), the text would explain something simple, like how to boil water, and then the homework would ask the reader to make crème brűlée. I found it very frustrating, and I'm glad to be done with it. And to think, I WAS actually looking forward to learning this material...

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless..., February 19, 2014
This book is so unorganized and difficult to follow that I had to stop reading it after the first three chapters. I am a student that religiously reads my textbooks in order to get the most out of my classes. I found my professor's lectures easier to follow after NOT reading the book. The only thing helpful about this book is the questions and practice exercises at the end of the chapters (and they are only helpful if the professor gives you the correct answers).

Accounting for Governmental and Nonprofit Entities
Accounting for Governmental and Nonprofit Entities by Jacqueline L. Reck (Hardcover - January 6, 2012)
$204.12
Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available.
Rate and Discover Movies