Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Accounting Made Simple: Accounting Explained in 100 Pages or Less
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Pop Ups Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on March 1, 2011
I bought this book because I needed a review of accounting for my business. It does what it claims -- explains accounting in just a few hours. Well written and easy to understand.

The Table of Contents includes:

10 - Other GAAP Concepts & Assumptions
11 - Depreciation of Fixed Assets
12 - Amortization of Intangible Assets
13 - Inventory & CoGS
0Comment| 170 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 19, 2012
I have a bachelor degree in accounting and have been out of school for a couple of years. I bought this book for a friend and decided to read it myself. The simplicity of it actually helped me tie things together that I didn't fully grasp from college. As I read the concepts I kept saying to myself "oh I remember going over that in school" - however this book helped me to understand the why's of accounting which is very important instead of just memorization. Many professors do a poor job of explaining accounting and I think that's why so many students struggle with it. If professors would explain the concepts like this author did then students wouldn't be so lost.
0Comment| 149 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 7, 2011
I took an accounting class last year and shamefully failed! I just could not understand the basic concepts to get from chapter to chapter. College Accounting classes for some reason expect you to have some basic understanding but I didn't and I'm sure there are many like me. So I bought this and other book to see if it would help. So far this is the only book that I understand. And everything seems to make sense to me now. I would recommend this book to anyone who's planning on taking an accounting course for the first time. I plan on retaking the class and now I feel confident going back in. THANK YOU MR.PIPER!!!
33 comments| 145 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 14, 2012
I am currently enrolled in a college Account course and picked this book up to supplement the $137 textbook that is required for the course. It took me 1 1/2 hours to read this book in one sitting and it gave me a much better grasp on accounting than the textbook did. When we are doing exercises in class and I need a quick refresher on a topic I often refer to this text as opposed to the textbook as it is just so easy to grasp without overloading you with too much detail. Plus, I am doing well in the class and I attribute that to this book. I highly recommend this book for anyone who wants to get up to speed on basic double-entry accounting and at $4.99 it is a no-brainer.

UPDATE: I finished the accounting class back in the spring and made an A. In fact, I had the highest grade in the class. Overall, I learned the material from three main sources: this book, my professor, and the exercises we did in class. Still love this book and highly recommend it as a pre-class read for college Accounting I classes.
on February 20, 2009
This book gives you a quick tour of the ins and outs of accounting. Great introduction on the basics and keeps it simple. Short enough to be read in a day. I highly recommend this to any one looking for a crash course in accounting.
on December 14, 2011
I've been struggling through my college Accounting class and this book condensed all the essential information and delivered successfully! I strongly recommend keeping this book on file, great reference!
on August 19, 2011
this book is a must have botttom drawer item for any corporate executive or small business owner - it makes the whole accounting process easy to understand .Easy to read and easy to use.
on February 25, 2013
Definitely made simple! Gives a very basic grounding in the concepts and gives meaning to the common buzzwords used. I purchased the Kindle version which has some weird page breaks and makes it harder to follow. I would get this in paper format if I were purchasing again.
on February 19, 2014
Great book. It is only 97 pages but, boy does it give a lot of information. I have found this book to be a great resource in my study of accounting. It's easy to understand and lots of fun to read. The end of the book also has some online resources and I have tried one the author's blog. It gives you the chance to practice the stuff from each chapter with questions. One thing I wish this book had was a glossary so I could easily refer to it for definitions of some accounting terms, but I would still recommend this book, its great.
on January 16, 2014
I found this book very helpful.

I'm an engineer with no clue about accounting. This book helped me understand the very basics, so now I at least understand the terminology and don't sound like an idiot when I talk to our CFO.