4,115 of 4,156 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Bacon the most of it
Looking to add a little sizzle to your next flesh wound? Tired of the same boaring bandages?

Published 19 months ago by George Takei

2.0 out of 5 stars DESCRIPTION IS INCORRECT
Published on October 16, 2010 by Christopher Porter

4,115 of 4,156 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Bacon the most of it, July 21, 2013

Not to pork fun at an injury, but nothing strips the pain away like meating friends out dressed like this. "That's sow wrong, George!" they squeal. But fat chance they let such a pig idea go. In fact, they often rip it off quickly--after giving me the cold shoulder.

Perhaps it's time to climb out of this filthy pig pun. I can't help it: I ham what I ham.

5.0 out of 5 stars May Result in Cannibalism, March 5, 2012
CoolHand (Williamsburg, VA) - See all my reviews
These bacon bandages are so realistic that they may cause secondary injuries. I applied a bacon bandage to moderate cut on my left thumb and within 2 hours, 4 people attempted to bite me. These bites required more bacon bandages, which, in turn , were responsible for more bites. The amount of bites per bandage applied rose exponentially to the point where I may die from blood loss. I am in desperate need of some liver and onion bandages as these would be appealing only to geriatrics who would be easily fought off.

4.0 out of 5 stars What can I say - it's Bacon!, February 24, 2009
What can one possibly say that isn't self explanatory?

Just as it looks - Band-Aids that look like bacon.
Cool enough in it's own right.

I've been sitting here just *waiting* to cut myself just so I can slap one of these bad boys on, to the envy of all friends and coworkers.
There's no doubt that a slab of bacon will heal any wound.

Comes w/ "free toy" too - a tiny little piglet figurine. How demented is that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Taste Awful, June 23, 2013
I dont know what is going on here, these things do NOT taste like bacon. They actually melted and almost caught on fire, filled the house full of smoke, and burned my lips and tongue. They are also extremely thin slices and have no moisture content in them. Maybe they would be good for an food storage item in an emergency, but they are not filling at all and really make your stomach hurt. One thing that I did find interesting is that each piece of bacon is IDENTICAL! What are the odds of having two pieces of bacon look alike, let alone 15 identical pieces. Oh, I almost forgot, the bottom of each piece of bacon was very very sticky, I couldn't even flip them in the pan before they started smoking and melting (yes, the meat actually melted in front of my eyes). I do give this product 5 starts, only because the container is so nice. Its all metal and holds my secret trinkets that I wrap in bacon to keep them well preserved. Final advice, do not buy because you think you are getting really good cuts of bacon, but if you want a nice container, this is well worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite simply miraculous!, July 11, 2013
This review is from: Accoutrements Jesus Bandages (Toy)
As a semi-professional nurse attending an Accident and Emergency ward in a large London hospital, I was constantly frustrated by the limitations of the technology we were using to treat patients.

As the economy turned towards recession and departmental funding started to be reduced, our managers started looking for ways to make cuts - at first it was small items: no coffee-making facilities in the kitchens; toilet rolls instead of swabs - that sort of thing.

Fortunately this little box saved the day - soon after the x-ray machine was dispensed with, one of our staff stumbled across it as they were sweeping up patient detritus in the waiting room. Coincidentally, he had just cut his finger on a discarded scalpel and gladly made use of them as quickly as he could.

To all our amazement, when he peeled off the plaster to show us the gory details, there was NO WOUND AT ALL. It wasn't long before we put two and two together; now we use these little beauties for everything! Broken leg? Stick on a plaster! Funny rash - slap it on! Annoying voices in your head telling you to kill and bury the dog in the back garden? place one of these on your forehead and they're a thing of the past.

They not only provide the user with breathable padding, but also lend a sense of one-ness with the universe.

And don't worry about the pack running out - we've treated over 40 patients tonight, but strangely only one plaster has gone.

This could be the answer to the problem of the NHS. Thanks Amazon!

2.0 out of 5 stars DESCRIPTION IS INCORRECT, October 16, 2010
This review is from: Monster Bandages Novelty Gag (Toy)
NOTE: The description says "Contains twenty-five 3" x 3/4" band aids." THIS IS INCORRECT: THIS ITEM CONTAINS TWELVE (12) 1.5" X 1.75" BANDAGES, NOT 25 LARGER BANDAGES. I'll leave it to the individual consumer to decide whether the price is still right for half as many bandages, but I saw the smaller box cheaper elsewhere and bought these because I thought I was getting more for the price. Nope.

5.0 out of 5 stars funny and practical, July 29, 2013
We are a bacon loving family and these are great. I just wish they smelled like bacon :) but as funny as they are they actually work really well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, October 5, 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Accoutrements Pickle Bandages (Toy)
As a way to improve customer service our nurse manager had all of us watch an inspirational movie called "Give 'em the pickle". These band aids were to co-workers to remind them even when they are having the patience tried by their patients to "give 'em the pickle". It puts smiles on their faces and helps to alleviate the tension. Very nice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Only one problem..., January 28, 2012
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
These are decent quality band-aids, they stick fairly well. The only problem is,they're the same color that wounds and scabs are. Instead of everyone immediately recognizing them as bacon and giving out high-fives, people think its a giant wound. Every time I have worn one, at least five people said "oh my God, what did you do to yourself?" When I finally figured out what they were talking about, moved my arm closer and explained "it's just bacon", they got annoyed because they thought they looked dumb.

It sounds like a small problem, but when the only purpose here is the visual appeal, it has a large effect. It happens less if you wear the bandaid on an area where it can be fully extended and seen as a whole; on joints or fingertips however, people think it's an injury without exception.

1.0 out of 5 stars FALSE ITEM DESCRIPTION!, June 5, 2012
This review is from: Adhesive Bandages (Sports)
I like the product, very cute, HOWEVER be warned the package only contains 10 bandaids, NOT 15 as the item states.

Accoutrements Pickle Bandages