Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Ed Sheeran egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Black Friday Video Game Deals Outdoor Deals on HTL

10,554 of 10,749 people found the following review helpful
on June 19, 2013
I purchased this mane-ly for anonymity, but instead it was a night-mare that saddled me with un-bridled panic.

At a recent Comic Con, I donned the mask wearing my best track suit, jockeying for a simple laugh: "What do gay horses eat?" I queried, eager to bray "Heeeeeyyyy!!" Comic gold, friends, I know.

But the neigh-sayers came unglued. "No! You're George Takei! I know that voice!"

Now, it doesn't take a gallop poll to know what happened next. I hoofed it out of there with herds of fans riding my ass, shouting till they, too,
111111 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
2,376 of 2,430 people found the following review helpful
on December 3, 2012
It is day 87 and the horses have accepted me as one of their own. I have grown to understand and respect their gentle ways. Now I question everything I thought I once knew and fear I am no longer capable of following through with my primary objective. I know that those who sent me will not relent. They will send others in my place... But we will be ready
4444 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
3,489 of 3,572 people found the following review helpful
on November 5, 2010
This mask imbues the wearer with super-human abilities. The power to make everyone around you feel akward and uncomfortable being first among them. After wearing the mask for several days my identity was consumed and replaced. There is only the horse now. Best purchase I ever made.
2525 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 23, 2011
The biggest question I get asked is, "Why do you have that?" I simply reply, "Why don't you have one" and the gallop away and eat some grass.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
1,318 of 1,396 people found the following review helpful
on August 12, 2011
I spotted this after viewing some fun items like Uranium Ore and Canned Unicorn Meat. After hearing just how much fun people have with a horse mask, I knew I had to have one! Especially after I searched the web and found a picture of a guy wearing this with hooded jacket...that was especially freaky!

I got this one (alas, only available at outside sites right now) because it seems to be the most realistic looking, plus has that all-important disturbing feel.

1. Heavy duty materials.
2. Has a slit up the back for easy donning and removal. Slit is barely visible as there's "mane hair" on both sides of it. Image of this added.
3. How do you see? Through the horse's mouth and the nose holes. Nothing mars the look of those creepy eyes! It is easy to see out while wearing.
4. Has a "real" bushy hair mane. I had to look closely at the other parts because I could have sworn it had a fine dusting of hair all over. No, it's just extremely realistic looking!

I already used it on the dogs. The big one knew it was a joke, but the little one kept backing off and I chased her around the house!

Come October, I may get the Mesh Easy Feeder, fill it with large treats like Twinkies, and wear them around together. That feed bag seems to be the vest priced for that purpose.

edit: Have had the mask < 1 week. Scared the hubby while he was in the shower (he didn't know I had it). The big dog thinks it's funny. The small dog is creeped out by it. She goes on the attack if hubby puts the mask on his hand, moves the mouth open and shut, and corners her! Scared the nurses and therapist at work. Then put on a hospital gown and the mask, sat in an exam room - nurse brought my boss in. She told him a patient was being a "horse's ass" and demanded to see whoever was in charge. Scared the lady at the diet center. Knocked on my ex's door with it on. "I'm Heeeeeere to pick up my son!" This mask is worth every dollar!

Edit: 2013.....I don't know what happened to all the customer photos. :( I had a new one. I wore the mask to the dentist's office and they laughed their butts off! I was sitting in the chair wearing the mask when the dentist came in. She got such a kick out of it that she took pictures of her looking in my mouth. Then she went to her office and gave me a real horse tooth given her by a horse vet friend. Priceless!
review image
2323 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
1,437 of 1,535 people found the following review helpful
on October 13, 2012
My dad got this for me for my birthday recently (this is his account), and I've been having way too much fun with it.
Here's a video I just recorded to prove my point.
You guys are just awesome xD
4545 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
1,672 of 1,788 people found the following review helpful
on July 16, 2011
I absolutely loved this! Last year I dressed as Sarah Jessica Parker for Halloween, and this really helped pull my costume together. I'm really glad I was able to find it! I won the best costume contest at my work. :)
2020 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 21, 2011
When I turned State's Witness, they didn't have enough money to put me in the Witness Protection Program, so they bought me this mask and gave me a list of suggested places to move. Since then I've lived my life in peace and safety knowing that my old identity is forever obscured by this life-saving item.
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 5, 2013
Is nothing sacred anymore? There are actually crappy knock-offs of the actual Accoutrements / Archie McPhee horse head masks being sold right here on Amazon, and I was one of the victims, so caveat emptor!

I purchased this mask along with the Accoutrements squirrel head mask on Feb 18th. The horse mask was sold by Knockout Novelties and Fulfilled by Amazon; the squirrel mask was sold & shipped by Amazon. Both were shipped together & arrived in the same box.The squirrel mask was in a sealed bag, with an Accoutrements / Archie McPhee tag, so I know that item was ok.

The horse mask was packed in a flimsy & opened plastic bag, with no tags (other than a bar code label on the bag. It reeked of paint / contact cement. The workmanship was terrible - the hair was not properly glued down, the paint details were missing or poorly done, and it just didn't look right, compared to the tons of pics I've seen. The biggest shock was when I tried to put it on - I could barely get my average sized adult head into it. The neck was also too short - there was no way it could be tucked into a shirt collar like so many of the pics showed. I relized that this had to be a fake of a fake horse head mask.

I wrote Amazon to complain / advise that the seller (Knockout Novelties) was selling fake Accoutrements branded product. As always, Amazon customer service was great, and quickly arranged for the return. I re-orderd a new horse mask, sold & shipped by Amazon this time.

The replacement I received is the real thing - sealed bag with the Accoutrements / Archie McPhee tag. Night and day difference in workmanship and detail compared to the fake. This one fits great 9no struggle getting into it), and there is enough 'neck' to be tucked into a collar. It also has a funky contact cement / paint odor, but it's giving me a better buzz than the fake one did.

Long story short - this is a fantastic & well made mask, and I can't wait to have fun and start pulling pranks with it! Just make sure you're getting the real Accoutrements / Archie McPhee brand, otherwise you're getting ripped off. I'll be posting some pics of both real & fake masks so others can avoid the heartache.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 23, 2013
I wanted one of these masks because of all the hype they have on the internet and just for the sheer creepiness factor. I purchased one from seller "maskwholesaler" since they were a few cents cheaper and they still shipped Prime. I regret being so cheap...

Well they quickly shipped me, what i soon came to realize was a knock off version of the Accoutrements Horse Head Mask, leaving me to assume they were thinking I would not know the difference. I don't have a big head, but their mask was much too small to fit my average size head. When i put it on, the top of the mask would be stretched tight on the crown of my head but the bottom of the mask would not even go half way down my chin. Needless to say, seeing picture of people wearing them (being able to tuck the neck into shirts etc) and that it did not have the "Accoutrements" tag I suspected foul play.

I then purchased one fulfilled by Amazon to compare the two. maskwholesaler's is noticeably much smaller, lower quality paint job and smelled horribly of paint and plastic!

Needless to say, I am returning the mask and keeping the Amazon fulfilled real one, I couldn't be happier with it. I love creeping out my girlfriend with it :)

I read a few reviews that echoed my concerns, so I don't think I'm the only one out there that is victim of these imitations. Don't be fooled! If it doesn't have the red "Accoutrements" tag, its probably fake.

I took some pictures of the two side by side and I hope to upload them so everyone on here can see the difference.
review image review image