Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on September 16, 2011
You should know what you are getting into with this. It's a toy camera. Everything is plastic. If the lenses aren't, they look and shoot like plastic. You have no view finder to speak of (you can try to use the things on top, but they are a waste of time). Loading and winding the film is fidgety. What this does do is take awesome lo-fi photos, the style that were cool (I guess) a few years back. The kind of pictures people spend a lot of money to create with buying "lomography" cameras. Except this camera cost 10$.
I've run five rolls of 36 exposure film through mine without problem. You have to load the film very carefully. I might recommend a spot of duck tape where the film gets wound;I haven't done this but I've considered it. I have to press the back of mine firmly when I wind it so that the film will spin the gear that restarts the shutter; otherwise you waste a lot of film.
The pictures I've taken have turned out well. The shutters stay open a bit long for too much action. Hold it steady. And between the colour filters and tiny film area nothing farther away than ten feet or so tends to look like much. (With a few exceptions.)
I would absolutely not recommend this for children. It's for adults who have read too much, or have nostalgia for the grainy, blurry, vignetted, stylised photos of the past.
I love this camera. I'm buying a second one. They're only ten bucks, and they might be discontinued. After all, they are sold by a company that also sells fake dog poop.
on September 22, 2011
Bought this camera a while back - had fun with it a few times and then promptly forgot about it until I found it again. Love the concept, the execution is only so-so... but then again, it's a cheap novelty camera so what can you expect? The biggest tip with this camera is that it needs a LOT of light to produce a usable image. Since the color filters block some of the light, and by dividing up the frame into 4 squares you're not working with much film area... if you don't have PLENTY of light you're sunk. Took pics in full sunlight and they came out great, everything else is either dark and grainy or not even printable at all.
on March 15, 2012
Like the Action Sampler by Lomography, this camera shoots 4 frames within a second or so. If you're expecting clear images, or even decent images, you will probably be very disappointed. However, if you are a lo-fi photography enthusiast, this is a cheap and fun little camera to add to your collection. A bit of a one note, of course, but a fun little camera to experiment with. The plastic lenses themselves are colored, which means you'll have to use at least a 400iso film on a very sunny day for the photos to show up at all. It seems to work best on people or other subjects 2 meters or so away. Landscapes? Forget it, you won't be able to even make out what your photo was of. But for moving subjects that are fairly close to you, this camera can show progression and movement over time, like still frames from a movie. If you know what you're getting, then by all means, get it!
on June 22, 2014
I picked up one of these many years ago, before digital cameras were available to the public. The idea is that it divides the 35mm frame into a 2x2 grid, and fires the four shutters sequentially, with the result that you should get a "motion capture," for example, a breakdown of a golf swing, a dive, a traffic accident, or whatever action you are recording. The concept of taking multiple still photos sequentially predates the movie camera, and was first pioneered by Eadweard Muybridge in the late 1870s (the first movie cameras were not until ten years later). So this camera has a surprisingly old pedigree.

The viewfinder, consisting of a small hole for the eye and a larger frame, is a "sports viewfinder," similar to those found on older cameras such as the Graflex press camera, which used a wire frame instead of plastic. Although not particularly accurate, they were faster than other types and certainly better than nothing. I own an example of an "Ica" folding camera from the early years of the last century, that along with a conventional waist-level viewfinder, also has the eyehole-and-wire for fast framing of shots.

In practice, this camera doesn't provide usable photos, as the pinhole apertures require a slow shutter speed that defeats the purpose of stopping a fast-moving subject without blurring. It's of interest as an unusual piece of machinery, and recommended to camera collectors on that basis. Today, any digital camera can fire in "burst" mode with greater flexibility and far better results.
on January 17, 2013
I had so much fun taking the pictures, however, when the film was over and I had to rewing it the little winder got stuck so I forced it a little and it simply broke. Lost all my photos and the camera...

Fun, but very very very cheap materials.
on March 16, 2012
This camera is junk. The winder is rough, the shutter button sticks... and the camera did not roll my film back up! I had to go into a dark room to take it out of the camera It would not roll back into the film canister. And it was completely out so I had to shove it back in by band, I got fed up with it and said forget it and took it in the light and it had a TON of scratches on it, so good thing I didn't develop it anyways, the pictures would have turned out like crap. Do not waste your money on this.... just digitally edit your photos to look like this. Dont waste your time or money on this.
on November 1, 2015
Fun yet cheap in price toy camera. If you are a lomographer, this toy camera perfectly fits for you. i like how it provides me pop design photos and how it enhances my shots. great toy.
on November 5, 2012
I bought this Pop Cam for my teenage nephew. So hard to find Christmas gifts for that age. He loved it. It was his favorite gift!
5 stars because it made him happy.
on October 18, 2015
Such a funny little object! Just a toy, really, but fun to shot with. Very plastic but works great.
on February 9, 2011
Unfortunately, zero stars wasn't an option. This was a complete waste of money. I wasn't expecting much, and got even less. The wind button doesn't indicate when it's time to stop winding and it's impossible to tell via the frame counter. The wind button also becomes almost impossible to use as more film transfers to the other side. My daugther was extremely disappointed with this gift. I recommend learning from my mistake and NOT purchasing this piece of junk.