5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best!
Published on December 12, 2008 by ADC

3.0 out of 5 stars Gorilla grip!
Published on August 29, 2008 by Steve Farkash

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best!, December 12, 2008
ADC (Houston, TX) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gripmaster Pro Edition (Sports)
I have been climbing walls indoor and outdoor for over 5 years now and this gripmaster pro is really impressive. It is build extremely sturdy and fits my hand much better than the regular gripmaster (which I would also rate 5 stars!). I purchased the 7 pounds and the 11 pounds pro version. I use them for hours everyday, whenever I have a free hand I grab one and it definitely increased my strength endurance. Now when I am struggling to finish a climb this little device gives me the extra strength that I need.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Happy With GripMaster Products, February 21, 2008
This review is from: Gripmaster Pro Edition (Sports)
I was given the Medium Tension (7 lbs) Gripmaster as a hand-me-down gift almost a decade ago. It looked brand new when I got it, and it looks brand new today.

I eventually upgraded to the Heavy Tension (9 lbs) version, which was the strongest version you could buy for a long time.

Amazon remembered my Gripmaster purchase and decided to alert me to the new Gripmaster Pro products.

I could not have been happier to hear about it and I ordered it right away!

The construction is much beefier than the standard Gripmaster. And if the standard model lasts for 10+ years, I can't even imagine how long this one will last!

You have to have a larger hand in order to hold it comfortably and The curved part is not removable like the old Gripmaster, which I kinda miss.

I am very happy with the product and will continue to buy stronger version as they become available.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item!, June 10, 2009
J. Green (Sacramento CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gripmaster Pro Edition (Sports)
I'm learing how to play the acoustic guitar and I bought the gripmaster as a way to help strengthen my hands and fingers. I found it useful for developing strength to be able to play barre chords. The medium tension is a bit too much for working the pinky finger so I also bought a lighter tension for that. I highly recommend this product for a begginer guitar player.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not for the Faint of Hand, May 16, 2012
This review is from: Gripmaster Pro Edition (Sports)
SHORT REVIEW: Do not purchase unless you already have seriously strong fingers; will provide a strenuous challenge for individual fingers. Should provide a moderate challenge for those just interested in working on full-hand grips. Five stars for utility and quality.

LONG REVIEW: If you're like I was, you probably think the Gripmaster series is for strengthening your grip. This is one of the uses of the Gripmaster, but the intended use is improving individual finger/thumb strength. Sure, the individual tension pads should be a dead giveaway, but Gripmaster ships with limited instructions on how to use it. Prohands clearly hopes that you will take an extra five minutes to visit prohands.net to see their 11 exercises.

I would recommend visiting the site: many of the exercises are not intuitive and will come as a pleasant surprise. My favorite exercises work the daylights out of the thumb, a great help for a console gamer such as myself.

With that said, this model has 11 pounds per pad. I thought I had a strong grip (I've used traditional "nutcracker" grip strengtheners for years), but when this model broke down my grip into individual fingers, a little humbling was in order.

If you have a weak grip and want to improve individual fingers, I would advise starting with light or medium tension, and work your way up the tension scale. This model is not the place to start.

Two final notes: Pro Gripmaster models are bulkier than the "regular" variety and have rubbery covers on the pads. I don't believe there's a difference in pad tension (i.e., Extra-Heavy is going to be 11 pounds per pad on both models), so if you have smaller hands - or just want to save a few bucks - the regular Gripmaster line should do the trick.

Finally, both Pro and regular models are extremely well-made devices and appear to be relatively indesctructible.

3.0 out of 5 stars Gorilla grip!, August 29, 2008
This review is from: Gripmaster Pro Edition (Sports)
I bought this item based on other reviews I had read and I highly recommend you consider trying lighter tensions first. The Gripmaster Pro's are a really great product, but after buying the medium and heavy versions, I put them in a drawer and purchased the extra light and light tension units. If you're interested in developing individual finger strength and dexterity you better start with the extra light version. I am actually having a hard time working with it! The light version is now in the drawer,too. No, I'm not a 12 year old girl. I'm a 52 year old man and have worked physically my entire life. I also had double carpal tunnel surgery a year ago and feel I'm pretty much back to where I was before. If you just want to grab them and squeeze the crap out of them using your total hand strength, then go heavy. Otherwise, start extra light. Developing individual finger strength is a whole other story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much Better than the 'Regular' non-pro version, March 13, 2009
Paul (SF Bay Area, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gripmaster Pro Edition (Sports)
I've been using Gripmasters for many years now and my only complaint was that rubber piece that sits against the palm kept twisting off the grip. So when I lost my Gripmaster and decided to replace it I was thrilled that I found the Pro unit. It resolves my only complaint about the Grimaster by removing rubber piece and molding a new palm rest directly into the unit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good piece of equipment, December 6, 2010
This review is from: Gripmaster Pro Edition (Sports)
I bought this to help get strength back in my forearm after breaking my wrist. It works very well. Being able to use each finger individually was very helpful because my fingers were all whacky on strength after the broken wrist.

However, within two weeks, I needed the stronger Gripmaster (which I had purchased at the same time).

Anyway, these fit my hands well, worked well, and are a fair price.

If you go to the manufacturers website (prohands.net), they show a bunch of exercises to do with the Gripmaster.

I definitely think this thing was worth the price. The only difficulty will be determining which "tension" you should start with. The place I go for therapy for my wrist uses these (the regular Gripmaster, though, not the Pro), and watching other people use them makes it obvious that there is a wide variety of grip strengths--some people had a very hard time with the lightest models. Starting light is probably better so you can do the exercises correctly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, December 6, 2010
This review is from: Gripmaster Pro Edition (Sports)
Great product. "Pro" Grip size is larger than the regular Gripmaster, but still reasonable. Finger surfaces are more comfortable on the Pro unit, but palm surface could benefit from a hook like on the regular Gripmaster. Medium tension is about right for the fingertip exercises, heavy tension is good for the closed fist exercises. Be sure to visit manufacturer's website to view all 11 different grips to use to strengthen different areas of hand and forearm. Really helping with ache & stiffness in my knuckles plus improving strength.

5.0 out of 5 stars impressive quality product and website, June 24, 2011
buybot181 (Western Hemisphere) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gripmaster Pro Edition (Sports)
I had used the original gripmaster many years ago while recovering after wrist surgery. I can recall that product functioning as advertised, but it was built w/ materials that would be expected to be found on a child's toy. That is not the case with the Gripmaster Pro. This Pro Series is highly impressive - the heavier grade plastic and overall build suggests that this device would be often found in professional rehabilitation facilities.

I purchased this Pro device for a multitude of reasons. The product arrived in a simple zip-style bag with a 1 page insert that provides information on the various product line offered, some basic usage instructions, and advice regarding technique.

"Hand specialists recommend lower tension and more repetitions rather than higher tension and fewer repetitions." This is printed on the insert and I would have to agree. You need to develop endurance if hoping to improve your conditioning for sports/firearms training/typing, etc.
Longer reps would be an optimum approach. Yet I also believe that using a heavier tension with fewer reps in addition to the approach a fore mentioned can only improve your conditioning. Mix it up. If you were, however only able to purchase one of these, I would recommend the Heavy Tension (9 lb.) with high repetitions. Work your way up to 50 or 100 using very strict form of finger alignment.

Their web site prohands_.net_ is simply awesome. They provide a great resource for the consumer. If you have one of these devices, you're missing out if you don't harness the resources on the site. I even like the coding on their site.

The Gripmaster Pro Hand Strengthening System is a great buy and I highly recommend to those considering its purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked as well as I had hoped, March 11, 2011
This review is from: Gripmaster Pro Edition (Sports)
I have been having wrist pain during the summer from softball and golf. I am hoping that working with this machine during the winter will help strengthen my wrist and alleviate some or all of the pain. This thing is great. I can tell that it is working and I really like all of the different exercises (make sure you go to their website and read up on all of the exercises). I have graduated up to the heavy for some of the exercises so I have already purchased that one. Having two different tensions is ideal. Great little stress reliever and wrist strengthener for at the office.

Gripmaster Pro Edition