4.0 out of 5 stars Description isn't detailed enough., December 31, 2010
This review is from: Premium AccuEvolution 9v NiMH Precharged Low Self Discharge Rechargeable Batteries - camera, wireless, all other use (Electronics)
I was not able to use this battery and had to return it. The specifications do not indicate the max charging current, or quickest charge time. When I received the battery, on the side it said 4hour quick charge max at no more than 60mA. This will not work safely in the Maha PowerEx MH-C490F-DCW Worldwide 9-Volt Battery Charger w/ Car Adapter I have (2 hour, 90mA charger). These specifications are pretty important if you don't want to have batteries explode and possibly burn your house down.

5.0 out of 5 stars AccuEvolution 9v Battery, August 17, 2009
Dr. Goode (Oklahoma, USA) - See all my reviews
There are only a couple of companies that make 9v Low Self Discharge batteries. I now use AccuEvolutions 9v rechargeables in all of the smoke alarms and precision devices at home and in my profession.

Unlike conventional NiMH rechargeables, the AccuEvolution has an extremely low self discharge rate (less than 2% per month at room temp), so it stays charged for quite a while -- which is absolutely essential for smoke alarms and such. Unlike the lithium and alkaline batteries I was using, the AccuEvolution 9v maintains constant voltage during use and throughout its entire discharge cycle - which solves a lot of problems with sensitive equipment.

I have no idea where Amazon got this old picture of these batteries. The ones I get from Bearwobble have the familiar AccuEvolution logo.

4.0 out of 5 stars good power retention, December 3, 2010
You are not supposed to use a rechargeable battery in a smoke detector because they lose 12% of their power each month and so would be unreliable. But this battery loses just 12% in a year! Now I can just change all four in the house at one time about twice per year. No more "which one is beeping?".

High initial cost but zero cost for the life of this battery. Nice job!

Update 12/20/2011: One of the 4 batteries I bought just went bad. Dropped to 2.45 volts and will not charge. The others are still going strong though.

5.0 out of 5 stars They still check out good on a meter and would recommend them for any ..., April 17, 2014
I've had them for some time, and have charged them several times. They still check out good on a meter and would recommend them for any extended 9 volt rechargeable use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rechargable battery that works, November 28, 2011
As of now, after three cycles of charging, I did not observe any problems with the battery itself. I hope it stays that way. The capacity as measured seems to be in line with what is advertised (+/-5% which is normal)
In general, very happy with the purchase, considering that the price is much more attractive than in retail shops.

5.0 out of 5 stars AccuEvolution 9v NiMH, June 11, 2012
I purchased this battery in an effort to find a good NiMH 9v. The battery is packaged as shown. Amazon delivered the package on time.

I installed this 9 volt battery, without charging it, into my home smoke detector on 7/3/2012. I will update this review when I have more info.

UPDATE: 2/28/13, The battery is still working fine in my smoke detector. I have not yet had to charge it. It appears this NiMH 9v battery, holds a voltage of .1 -.2 volts higher than other batteries of it's kind.

UPDATE: 4/19/13, I charged this 9 volt battery today for the first time and put it back in my smoke detector - that's a service period of more than 9 months right out of the package, after storing it for a month. I am expecting a service period of perhaps a full year, now that it has had it's first full charge cycle.

This AccuEvolution battery is better than the other NiMH 9v batteries. I am very pleased with this purchase. I hope the price comes down over time.

Rate and Discover Movies