Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on August 12, 2009
I heartily agree with the earlier reviews, this IS a very impressive battery, and you have to shop for good prices. I have found excellent prices on this battery here on Amazon - simply by looking around.

A bit of caution: Size C Low Self Discharge batteries are often just a AA LSD inserted into a C shell. This is NOT the case with the AccuEvolution. The AccuEvolution C is a real battery through and through - with a capacity of 4,500 mAHs (over twice as much as a 2,200 mAH re-wrap). This is why the AccuEvolution is noticeably heavy.

Real cost: I recently came across an interesting article online that compares the actual cost per amp hour of a typical alkaline battery vs this battery. A name brand size C alkaline on sale for $0.94 is shown to cost $46.81 for 100 mill amp hours, while an AccuEvolution size C priced at $9.98 costs just $0.19 (including cost of electricity and charger) per 100 milli amp hours. This is a difference of slightly over 300%.
on May 29, 2009
These batteries are absolutely amazing. Low self discharge, high capacity, and capable of super high currents. They might seem pricey, but if you have high drain devices that use C-cells, then you NEED these batteries. I make custom high-output LED flashlights and these are a perfect, safe, high-output power solution that provides always ready, high output and long runtime in four of my favorite 3*C-cell torches.

If your application fits ordinary Alkaline C-cells snugly, then these might not fit as they are a hair wider. I have also found that the ones branded AccuPower Evolution are slightly fatter than the newer ones branded AccuEvolution.
I bought a set of these for one of those electric canine toenail grinders, and I can say they work great! They hold a charge for a looong time, and source very good power when I use them. An electric motor is a very good test of batteries, as it is a very high current drain device. I charge them once, and leave it in the drawer until I want to use it, which is a long time in between, and when I finally go for it, it still has a good charge, and provides plenty of power...
on November 6, 2011
I bought these batteries a while ago and havenot had to recharge them for a long time. I would recomend using rechargeable batteries to anyone they last long and you will not be sending your batteries out to be safely destroyed every month or so instead you will be able to recharge your batteries for years on end and only use a few dollars on them as opposed to 20 or 50 dollars a year on conventional batteries. I would say do the math and you will find its more economically sound to buy rechargeables.
on December 6, 2012
The batteries charge quickly without getting hot in the process.
They pack a lot of power when fully charged, but because they only produce 1.2 volts each they fade a bit quicker than regular alkaline batteries. The bottom line though is they are rechargeable many times over and the savings over time is astounding!
I am quite happy with them.
on August 16, 2015
These are the best rechargeable batteries that I have ever bought. I use them in a game camera where I was going through energizer c batteries every three weeks. If the batteries make it through this week they will have performed as well as the energizer batteries which is better than I would have expected from a rechargeable. I read the review on line from a separate site as the best rechargeable batteries and I would have to agree.
on January 7, 2014
I have these rechargeable batteries in C, AA, and AAA. They all work very well with long life and excellent recharging. Be sure to get a quality charger!!
on November 3, 2014
I love rechargeable batteries, have used them for years and I really like this new low discharge technology.
on July 12, 2009
Price is way to high on these. Their D size can be had on other sites for under $20 per pair.
on February 7, 2015