Facility Spring Cleaning Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on August 13, 2009
I'm a long time and heavy user of AA Low Self Discharge Batteries. While there are only few brands of 9v, Cs, and Ds, there are about a dozen brands of AA and AAA LSDs being marketed in the US. I've used Lenmar, Sanyo, Duracell, Sony, Rayovac, and AccuEvolution. I've NEVER had a Sanyo or AccuEvolution that was improperly pre-charged, that didn't hold a charge as it should or that failed even in the slightest way. However, I think AccuEvolution stands above the others for two important reasons.

#1 The AccuEvolution AA by AccuPower delivers 2,200 mAh of renewable capacity - significantly more than the others mentioned above.

#2.Leadership, overall reliability: Unlike the other battery companies, the focus of AccuPower is NiMH rechargeable batteries - mostly AccuEvolution LSDs. In the few years that LSDs have been around, AccuPower has lead the way with top quality LSDs in all 5 sizes. Besides their high capacity, very low self discharge, efficiency/constant voltage characteristics, I admire AccuPower for consistently publishing accurate and complete specs. Unlike most battery companies, they print the actual storage capacity right on each battery.
on January 30, 2010
NiMH is the battery of choice for hybrid cars. These cells boast a radical improvement over the quick self discharge that happens with most NiMH cells available. The reason I bought these is that I wanted a suitable replacement for the cells inside my Norelco shaver. The shaver will run for about a month with a good pair of Nicads. I replaced my aging cells with these. I have been using the shaver for a month on the charge they came with without any indication that the cells are running out of charge. These cells live up to the claim that they can substitute for alcaline cells in applications that require low self discharge.
on March 15, 2010
these are good batteries but they may not fit your application. I have a torque wrench and these batteries are a tad too wide for it. the battery holder is such that if I forced them in, I would never be able to get them out

they do fit alot of other stuff I have though. I would have given 5 stars otherwise!
on August 12, 2012
I bought these batteries to use in a blood pressure machine. Over 2 months, and I haven't recharged them yet. Amazing life!

My girlfriend took a few of these and found they don't work in some of her things, like her nail buffer. Regular AA alkalines work fine, but these don't function at all. Most of her gadgets that don't work with these seem to be cheaply made, so I would fault the device, not these batteries. Her leg shaver takes these just fine, though. I don't know much about power things, but it seems like devices that are really high-draining (her nail buffer is like a dremel tool, or a power drill) seem to be the ones that struggle with this battery.

The AAA version of this battery works great in my portable headphone amplifier, as well as remote controls all around the house.

Recommended!
on April 10, 2011
I originally bought expensive 2900 mAh AA NiMH batteries thinking they would be superior to the "Low Self Discharge" 2200 mAh AA batteries. I was wrong. In my digital camera, unless I had just charged the 2900 batteries and drained them within a week or so by taking lots of pics and videos, the AccuEvolution batteries lasted much longer. You can leave them in your camera with minimal drain, so they are ready to go right away instead of the time consumption of installing the just freshly-charged normal NiMH batteries. That's how you miss great pictures. Originally I bought four AAs, liked them so much I bought four more, then bought 8 AAAs. If I need more rechargeable batteries for anything else in the future, I am sticking with this Company's products.
on January 15, 2013
These batteries retain power much longer than the standard NIMH batteries. NIMH batteries are tricky to work with, unless you have a good programmable charger that allows you to refresh and restore them, you will not get much life out of your batteries.
on May 27, 2013
This was my first purchase of long life rechargeable batteries after lengthy research. I am very happy with these and plan to buy a ton more of them of all sizes. That last just as long as the throw-way's and don't cost you anymore than a little electric to recharge them. This is a big money saver. Plus a smart charger for all of the different sizes as well. That is research I am on now; as to the best charger. I haven't done a specific long term storage test on them but I trust they would do the job as is said by the manufacturer.
on December 18, 2012
If you use batteries, there are very few places you cannot use ones you recharge yourself.
These batteries even come with a charge!

With these new low discharge batteries there are very small excuses to use disposable batteries
now.
on August 9, 2011
After less than a year, they don't charge over 1V, which is not enough for some applications. Also they are a bit wider than a standard AA battery, and the "-" terminal is indented (i.e. too flat) so they don't always make a good contact. Specifically, they don't work in Xbox 360 controllers!
on July 20, 2011
The batteries work great! They last long and can hold a charge for awhile. I have these batteries in the Xbox controller and they last for more than a week of on and off playing at hours at a time. We also use another set for the digital camera. The only reason it does not receive 5 stars is because these batteries are a little thick. Previous reviews said they would and I confirm it, but they fit in the Xbox controller and the camera so I am happy.