5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, Great price!
Finally, dividers priced for someone who just likes to draw!

Published on January 28, 2012 by M. Montalbano

1.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for. More...or less.
Okay, I guess I should not be surprised. Professional-grade architectural proportional dividers can be pricey precision instruments, and this is a fairly inexpensive substitute. But still.

Published 23 months ago by Bibliophile

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, Great price!, January 28, 2012
This review is from: Accurasee Proportional Divider (Office Product)
Finally, dividers priced for someone who just likes to draw!

I have been searching for proportional dividers for a long time. I don't do any highly accurate drawing or any technical drawing - I just like to draw, and this is a great tool to help with proportion. A friend showed me inexpensive plastic dividers that he had purchased many, many years ago but he wasn't sure they were still available. I found out they weren't.

From time-to-time in the last 18 months I've done an internet search for proportional dividers and have only found dividers priced at $100 or more (sometimes much more). That wasn't in my budget and I didn't necessarily need dividers of that quality for my purpose. Of all the "art" companies out there I often wondered why one of them didn't add inexpensive proportional dividers to their product line.

Two weeks ago, much to my surprise, these dividers appeared in my internet search. I purchased them from Amazon - they arrived very quickly. They are made of plastic, seem pretty durable, are very light-weight and move smoothly. To change the proportion you just remove the plastic pin and move it to a different hole. It's easy to do and just takes a minute. They arrive in a plastic tube with some very basic instructions for using them. Included is a chart showing the proportion represented by each hole. I haven't used them much yet, but I can't see any reason why with a little care these won't last for many, many years.

Before purchasing these I went to the YouTube and watched the video about using them. I found it helpful.

The price is so good I'm going to buy a second pair and leave it in my travel bag so I'll have one when drawing away from home.

5.0 out of 5 stars Accurasee Proportional Divider, September 16, 2012
This review is from: Accurasee Proportional Divider (Office Product)
I have had the product for 2 weeks. It arrived promptly after I ordered it and well packaged. It is made from light weight plastic and very easy to use. I am careful with my art equipment and so expect it to last a long time.
I love to draw and paint but have very little natural ability. My drawings have, until now, lacked any realistic proportions. My very first drawing with the Accurasee Proportional Divider was such a pleasant surprise. It actually looked like the image I was copying albeit twice the size.
I used the divider to plot the position of some of the main points and drew the rest by eye (guided by the plotted points). Drawing is so much more fun when the end product exceeds your expectations.
I have since tried to draw and paint a number of subjects that I would never have previously contemplated. All of them have been successful (by my measure anyway).
I just love what this product has done for me and am happy to recommend it to anyone who thought they might like to draw but lacked a little confidence and/or any natural ability.

4.0 out of 5 stars very nice, February 11, 2012
FORTUNAGAL (High Northern Plains) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Accurasee Proportional Divider (Office Product)
Got this for my art class and really appreciate the value and quality of it. I am careful, so hopefully it will last many years. The plastic peg is ok, hope it does not weaken with adjustments. Love the packaging too, a safe storage tube. Great!

5.0 out of 5 stars review., December 29, 2011
This review is from: Accurasee Proportional Divider (Office Product)
These dividers were exactly what my wife WANTED FOR CHRISTMAS. they are not made out of titanium but they should do the job just as well. they are perfect for an upcoming successful artist that does not have a fortune to spend on gadgets. thank you very much. delivered on time just as advertised.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful tool, June 11, 2012
This review is from: Accurasee Proportional Divider (Office Product)
This is my best investment recently, believe me. I liked drawing portraits, but my drawing always came up with something wrong. Finally, I found out that the proportions were made wrong. Then, I try this tool, and it really works. I highly recommend this for those who want your drawings to look accurately.

5.0 out of 5 stars Filled the bill admirably, April 15, 2012
This review is from: Accurasee Proportional Divider (Office Product)
I am beginning to sculpt again, after many years away from my art. I needed a tool to help me scale up a small object as I carved a larger version from marble. I don't know if you've looked, but proportional dividers are expensive. I was shocked. I was intending to make a pair for myself and had already set down to draw what I wanted.

But I thought, I will check Amazon one time. I was pleasantly surprised to find this set of dividers at a reasonable price. They arrived in a nice, large plastic to that I have repurposed for other tools. They have proved extremely useful and I am very pleased with their construction. Though I have not had any problems, I do note that the tips of the points are plastic and probably vulnerable to damage. I have thought about removing the plastic points and replacing them with some metal pieces, but I will wait until something actually breaks. Nice product filling a definite niche.

1.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for. More...or less., August 27, 2012
Bibliophile "Geoff" (Rural Western New York) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Accurasee Proportional Divider (Office Product)

This device is made of cheap fragile plastic, with multiple molding burrs still sticking out. The hinge is an even cheaper two-piece plastic post-and-clip. To change the proportion, the user must 1) pull off the clip, taking care not to break it, then 2) pull out the plastic post from the opposite side, without dropping any of these little bits on the floor, then 3) align the two arms at the appropriate holes, then 4) put the post back through from one side, then 5) gently push the clip back over it from the other side to pin it. Hopefully without breaking it. Don't quite have the correct hole? Lather, rinse, repeat...

This would be an okay deal for about $4.95; for $12.99, not so much.

1.0 out of 5 stars Product too fragile, February 16, 2013
This review is from: Accurasee Proportional Divider (Office Product)
The first time using the product, the arm broke while removing the peg to try another proportion for a drawing. It is now useless! Major disappointment!

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy one! Just buy one!, June 30, 2013
This review is from: Accurasee Proportional Divider (Office Product)
Lions, and tigers, and bears, o my! Why didn't one of my art proffs tell me about this thing!!! Enlarging or shrinking an image has always been a challenge for me. I LOVE this thing for checking my work and make corrections early instead of late. Super cool and easy to use.

One issue only, the little holes aren't marked. That would be nice when choosing a setting.

Plastic.

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, June 25, 2013
This review is from: Accurasee Proportional Divider (Office Product)
It is used for up sizing or down sizing a drawing accurately. The locking device is pathetic. It falls to bits when in use and accuracy is a dream not a reality. Definitely over priced.

Accurasee Proportional Divider