Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $5.32 shipping
Acer Iconia Tab A500 Docking Station with Remote ADT002
|Price:||$12.99 + $5.49 shipping|
|You Save:||$67.00 (84%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- The docking station is the perfect place to rest your Acer Iconia Tab A500 when home or at your desk.
- With two adjustable positions, the docking station provides ideal viewing angles for anything you are doing while charging.
- Rest your Tab in the docking station and use the IR Remote to easily control your audio and media playback from the comfort of your couch!
- Headphone Jack and Power Connector inputs are conveniently located at the back of the docking station for easy connections.
- Immerse yourself in sound by plugging in your headphones or project it to an external speaker.
- With a 40-pin charging connection built-in, your Tablet automatically gets charged, allowing to grab it & go the next time you leave the house.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
I had pre-ordered this item several weeks ago, and before it was available from Amazon itself for shipment, "The Price Pros" offered it several days ago, so I ordered it from them too. I just got it and found out the hard way that there are two models and mine DOESN'T have HDMI output. I don't know when I receive the second one from Amazon whether that one will have it. But in any case, be aware of it. Either make sure you are getting ADT001 or wait to buy it from brick and mortar retailer, so you can be absolutely sure. Hope it helps and you will not make the same mistake.I am not going to blame "The Price Pros" (too much), because the Amazon product page is NOT spelling out the difference.
I am giving it 3 starts only because the HDMI out was important to me.
P.S. One more thing. It didn't come with power adapter. Product guide says you have to use the one that comes with your tablet. So if you are like me and are planning to buy two docks, one for home and one for work, one of them will not have power adapter!
Cons: No included power cable. I'm not sure how much it would have cost them to include a power cable, especially for the price of the dock itself. The dock also doesn't have its own HDMI output which kinda makes the dock a bit pointless. The reason people want a dock is so they don't have to mess with extra cables, just plug it in and it's ready. Most of the buttons on the remote do nothing. The 5 or 6 that do work, only work with Acer's crappy media player. One button does put the display to sleep.
Should you get this dock? Well, if you're looking for the convenience that a dock normally has, don't bother. Buy a stand and an hdmi cable (which you'll have to get anyway). It will take you just as much time to plug in the power cable and the HDMI. This is a glorified charging station with an audio jack. The remote only works with Acer's half-baked media program, so it's completely useless.
UPDATE: After sending this one back for a refund (and losing the shipping charges since it wasn't Amazon's fault as they didn't list it with the HDMI port), I just ordered one that listed, specifically, the microHDMI port at B & H. Yeap, sure enough, it's the ADT-002. No HDMI. So now I have to send another one back, this time to B & H. Before I send it back, I decided that maybe Acer Support could help. This was a mistake. After going back and forth with a tech support gentleman with the unfortunate name of "Anis Ahmed", I realized that the dock with the microHDMI port is probably somewhere sitting on the same shelf as the Golden Fleece, the Ark of the Covenant and healthy fast food. He basically told me to buy it again at the same places I previously bought it.Read more ›
Guess I learned something, and I hope this saves someone some grief.
I also received the Acer BT-Keyboard in the same shipment, so the accessories are in stock and shipping.
I bought this stand mainly for the ability to use the remote control and watch movies on my tablet. When I got this stand, I found that it makes a much better charging dock than a media stand.
Charging works great. Simply plug the tablet's charging cable into the dock and then drop the tablet onto the dock. Easy.
The remote control on the other hand is very buggy. I am HOPING that the problems about to be mentioned will be fixed when the 3.1 Honeycomb update comes around.
1) Within NemoPlayer, after selecting VIDEOS, you cannot navigate through the videos with the remote control. So, you are forced to use the touch screen to choose what video you want to watch.
1.1) If you have your tablet plugged into a TV through HDMI, you cannot even access the VIDEOS selection screen. Instead, the NemoPlayer only resumes the last video played, or if there is none, it seems to choose one at random.
2) There are buttons on the remote control that seem to do nothing at all. I have tried pressing them in multiple situations, but they do absolutely nothing at all.
3) It would be nice if you could unlock the tablet's screen with the remote as well as turn the screen on (but this does not affect my rating of this device).
4) There doesn't seem to be a fast forward/rewind function with the remote.
Overall, I am giving this product a 3/5 because it seems to mostly be a glorified, overpriced charging station at this time. As I mentioned, I am really hoping that the 3.1 Honeycomb update will bring a LOT more functionality to this media dock, but right now, I cannot tell if this will occur or not.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I love the dock but I was disappointed when it didn't come with a plug. In the description it should say plug not included. Other than this issue I'm enjoying the dock. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Tann
Works great with my Acer Iconia Tab A500, my tablet does wobble while in the station, it doesn't lock into the station.Published 1 month ago by AmazoniaPrincess
Works as expected. The other buyers comments kind of chilled me but it does what I need. I would give it 5 stars if the remote would utilize more than the NemoPlayer. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Ron
This is a must for anyone that uses there Iconia tablet on a daily bases. Doesn't matter if you are watching Youtube, movie or using it as a cookbook while you are cooking. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Trey
originally over a hundred nailed for 14.99 love steals like this product works greatPublished 4 months ago by craig masbruch