Browse the Web, check email, share photos, keep up with social networks, listen to music and enjoy a variety of entertainment with the Aspire One AOD250, which features a small compact design that you can take anywhere. Acer makes it easy to stay productive while on the go with the 10.1-inch CrystalBrite LED-backlit screen as well as its excellent near full-size keyboard. A great choice for students as well as business travelers who like to travel light, this Aspire One AOD250 model (AOD250-1613) in black has a 6-cell battery that provides up to 9 hours of battery life on the go and weighs 2.79 pounds.
In addition to the familiar Windows XP environment, this AOD250 model also includes dual-boot functionality with the Internet-enhanced Android OS.
A great choice for light-packing business travelers and students, this 10.1-inch Aspire One AOD250 comes with a 160 GB hard drive, and a 6-cell battery for up to 9 hours of battery life.
Pinch, flick and swirl your fingers on the Multi-Gesture Touchpad for an intuitive navigation to view web pages, photos, spreadsheets and more (learn more).
This version of the Aspire One offers dual operating system boot capabilities, enabling you to choose between the familiar Windows XP environment and the leading-edge Android mobile platform. Designed specifically for mobile devices and applications, Android lets you boot up and shut down quickly--saving you time when in a rush and boosting productivity. And you can download innovative, user-friendly and affordable applications, from productivity titles and multimedia apps to games and cool widgets.
You'll be able to easily video chat wherever you roam thanks to the Crystal Eye webcam integrated into the LCD's bezel, delivering smooth video streaming and high quality images even in low-light situations. And the built-in digital microphone delivers superior voice quality keeping background noise level low and minimizing echoes. Pinch, flick and swirl your fingers on the multi-gesture touchpad for an intuitive navigation to view web pages, photos, spreadsheets and more.
It's powered by the 1.66 GHz Intel Atom N280 processor, which is designed especially for mobile devices using an innovative design structure and hafnium-infused circuitry to reduce electrical current leakage in transistors to conserve energy. Packed with roomy 160 GB hard drive--great for storing a mobile digital audio and video library--this Aspire One also features 1 GB of installed RAM (2 GB maximum), 54g Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g), Bluetooth 2.1 connectivity, multi-format memory card reader, multiple USB ports, and built-in email, web browsing, and digital media applications.
- 10.1-inch LED-backlit CrystalBrite screen (1024 x 600 resolution) (Learn more)
- Unique dual-boot operating system lets you choose between Windows XP (SP3) or Google Android
- 1.66 GHz Intel Atom N280 processor combines performance and efficiency to explore the Internet and stay connected while mobile (Learn more)
- Up to 9 hours of battery life with included 6-cell battery
- Multi-gesture Touchpad for circular-motion scrolling, pinch-action zoom, and page flip (Learn more)
- 160 GB hard drive (5400 RPM)
- 1 GB DDR2 RAM (533 MHz; 2 GB maximum capacity)
- Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 video processor
- Crystal Eye webcam supports Acer PrimaLite technology, which consists of a premium sensor, firmware and lenses to provide superior video performance under low-light conditions. A built-in digital microphone helps keep background noise levels low and minimizes echoes.
- 84-key keyboard, 89 percent of standard-size with 12 function keys, WLAN switch
- 54g Wi-Fi (802.11b/g)
- Bluetooth 2.1 connectivity enables you to communicate and synchronize with Bluetooth-enabled peripherals such as PDAs and cell phones.
- Fast Ethernet (10/100)
- VGA video output
- Stereo speakers and optimized Dolby Headphone technology for 5.1-channel audio
- Pre-loaded software includes Microsoft Works for word processing and spreadsheet work. Enjoy a 60-day trial version of Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007.
- Dimensions: 10.17 x 7.24 x 1 inches (WxDxH)
- Weight: 2.79 pounds
- Warranty: One-year parts and labor limited warranty with concurrent International Traveler's Warranty
Networking, Connectivity & Expansion
This Acer Aspire One notebook has an integrated 54g wireless LAN (Acer InviLink) that's compatible with 802.11b and 802.11g networks and offers Acer's SignalUp technology for enhanced antenna efficiency. It also provides Fast (10/100) Ethernet networking.
- 3 USB 2.0 ports for connecting a wide range of peripherals--from digital cameras to MP3 players
- Analog video output: 1 VGA
- Multi-in-1 memory card reader compatible with MultiMediaCard, Reduced-Size MultiMediaCard, Secure Digital, Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO or xD-Picture Card
- 1 headphone jack, 1 microphone jack
What's in the Box
This package contains the Acer Aspire One AOD250-1613 notebook PC, rechargeable lithium-ion battery, AC adapter, and operating instructions
It also comes with the following software: McAfee Internet Security Suite (trial version with 60 days of live update); Microsoft Works 8.5 with Office Home and Student 2007 Trial; Google Desktop
The 10.1-inch screen has a WSVGA resolution (1024 x 600) and support for up a 262K color depth. Video is powered by the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950, which uses shared video memory with the main memory. Acer's CrystalBrite display technology guarantees the best possible visual experience by preventing the diffusion of surrounding light and internal ray. Compared to normal TFT LCDs, Acer CrystalBrite technology is able to read color coordinates more accurately, thus minimizing distortion and creating high-fidelity colors in all environments.
| ||This Acer netbook's dual boot feature lets you easily switch between Android and Windows XP Home operating systems to enjoy instant mobile Internet while having the familiarity of Windows. Designed specifically for mobile devices and applications, Android lets you boot up and shut down quickly--saving you time when in a rush and boosting productivity. With the ultra-fast InstantOn bootup (in 18 seconds) and shutdown (in just 1 second) on the Android platform, you'll be able to do a lot more with less wait time. |
The free and open mobile Android platform exposes you to leading-edge innovative applications that are user-friendly and affordable (often free).
Blazing Android Mobility
Full Windows Functionality
- Ideal for light applications
- Ultra-fast and always-connected Internet access
- Full-scale web browsing
- Computing productivity
- Great entertainment
- Expansive online communities
Take the Internet to more places with the long battery life and flexibility of a compact, lightweight netbook powered by the incredibly small, amazingly smart Intel Atom processor
. It features a design structure that packs in 47 million transistors into a single chip sized at just 22mm (0.87 inches), and it uses just 2.5 watts of power--less than 1/10 of the 35 watts used by an Intel Core 2 Duo processor--for excellent battery management. This 1.66 GHz Atom N280 processor also includes a power-optimized front side bus of 533 MHz for faster data transfer on demanding mobile applications and a 512 KB L2 cache (which temporarily stores data).
The Acer Multi-Gesture Touchpad
| ||A Multi-Gesture Touchpad allows you to pinch, flick and swirl your fingers across the touchpad for more natural photo and video viewing as well as intuitive navigation of websites. The Multi-Gesture Touchpad enables you to scroll, zoom in and out and flip through web pages, photos, spreadsheets and more. |
The TouchPad can also be disabled with a one-touch button, eliminating accidental cursor movement with palms and wrists when using an external mouse.
The Acer Aspire One AOD250 has been designed to be even more streamlined than its predecessors--whittling down the depth to just one inch thin and shaving the weight down to just under 2.8 pounds. The sleek aerodynamic design includes elegant touches such as the color-rich chassis along with the metallic hinge with a colored accent. Finally, it features a soft-touch palm rest to increase typing comfort.