Acer AOD250-1633 comes with these high level Specs. Intel Atom Processor N280, Windows 7 Starter, 10.1-Inch WSVGA Acer CrystalBrite LED Display, Mobile Intel 945GSE Express Chipset, Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950, 1024MB DDR2 SDRAM Single Channel Memory, 250GB SATA Hard Drive (5400RPM), Multi-in-1 Digital Media Card Reader, Acer InviLink 802.11b/g/Draft-N Wi-Fi CERTIFIED, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR (Enhanced Data rate), Integrated Acer Crystal Eye Webcam, Two Built-in Stereo Speakers, 3 - USB 2.0 Ports, 6-cell Li-ion Battery (5800 mAh), 2.79 lbs. | 1.27 kg (system unit only)
Browse the Web, check email, share photos, keep up with social networks, listen to music and enjoy a variety of entertainment with the Aspire One AOD250, which features a small compact design that you can take anywhere. Acer makes it easy to stay productive while on the go with the 10.1-inch CrystalBrite LED-backlit screen as well as its excellent near full-size keyboard. A great choice for students as well as business travelers who like to travel light, this Aspire One AOD250 model (AOD250-1633) in black has a 6-cell battery that provides up to 9 hours of battery life on the go and weighs 2.79 pounds.
The sleekly designed Aspire One AOD250 weighs just 2.79 pounds (with 6-cell battery).
A great choice for light-packing business travelers and students, this 10.1-inch Aspire One AOD250 comes with Windows 7 Starter, a 250 GB hard drive, and a 6-cell battery for up to 9 hours of battery life.
Pinch, flick and swirl your fingers on the Multi-Gesture Touchpad for an intuitive navigation to view web pages, photos, spreadsheets and more.
It comes pre-installed with the Microsoft Windows 7 Starter operating system, which combines the latest in reliability and responsiveness with the familiarity and compatibility of Windows. It includes new Windows 7 features like Jump Lists to help you to better find and manage files, and connecting to printers and peripherals is easier than ever. (Learn more
about Windows 7 Starter below.)
You'll be able to easily video chat wherever you roam thanks to the Crystal Eye webcam integrated into the LCD's bezel, delivering smooth video streaming and high quality images even in low-light situations. And the built-in digital microphone delivers superior voice quality keeping background noise level low and minimizing echoes. Pinch, flick and swirl your fingers on the multi-gesture touchpad for an intuitive navigation to view web pages, photos, spreadsheets and more.
It's powered by the 1.66 GHz Intel Atom N280 processor, which is designed especially for mobile devices using an innovative design structure and hafnium-infused circuitry to reduce electrical current leakage in transistors to conserve energy. Packed with roomy 250 GB hard drive--great for storing a mobile digital audio and video library--this Aspire One also features 1 GB of installed RAM (2 GB maximum), Draft-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n), Bluetooth 2.1 connectivity, multi-format memory card reader, multiple USB ports, and built-in email, web browsing, and digital media applications.
- 10.1-inch LED-backlit CrystalBrite screen (1024 x 600 resolution) (Learn more)
- Windows 7 Starter makes small notebook PCs easier to use because it puts less between you and what you want to do--less waiting, less clicking, less hassle connecting to networks. And Starter combines the latest in reliability and responsiveness with the familiarity and compatibility of Windows. (Learn more)
- Get more features with Windows Anytime Upgrade. A small notebook PC running Windows 7 Home Premium is even easier to use. The new taskbar and advanced navigation features make launching programs, opening files, managing windows, and getting around your PC faster and easier. Personalize your PC to be just the way you want it with helpful gadgets and desktop themes--even turn your desktop into a slideshow of your favorite photos. And you get the best entertainment experience on a PC. With Windows Media Center, you can watch shows for free when and where you want with Internet TV.
- 1.66 GHz Intel Atom N280 processor combines performance and efficiency to explore the Internet and stay connected while mobile (Learn more)
- Up to 9 hours of battery life with included 6-cell battery
- Multi-gesture Touchpad for circular-motion scrolling, pinch-action zoom, and page flip (Learn more)
- 250 GB hard drive (5400 RPM)
- 1 GB DDR2 RAM (533 MHz; 2 GB maximum capacity)
- Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 video processor
- Crystal Eye webcam supports Acer PrimaLite technology, which consists of a premium sensor, firmware and lenses to provide superior video performance under low-light conditions. A built-in digital microphone helps keep background noise levels low and minimizes echoes.
- 84-key keyboard, 89 percent of standard-size with 12 function keys, WLAN switch
- Draft-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n) for greater speed and range
- Bluetooth 2.1 connectivity enables you to communicate and synchronize with Bluetooth-enabled peripherals such as PDAs and cell phones.
- Fast Ethernet (10/100)
- VGA video output
- Stereo speakers and optimized Dolby Headphone technology for 5.1-channel audio
- Pre-loaded software includes Microsoft Works for word processing and spreadsheet work. Enjoy a 60-day trial version of Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007.
- Dimensions: 10.17 x 8.04 x 1 inches (WxDxH)
- Weight: 2.79 pounds
- Warranty: One-year parts and labor limited warranty with concurrent International Traveler's Warranty
Networking, Connectivity & Expansion
Enjoy easy wireless networking with the integrated Draft-N wireless LAN (compatible with 802.11b/g/n wireless networks). Based on the draft 802.11n Wi-Fi specification, it offers up to five times the performance and twice the wireless range as existing 802.11g wireless. It's also backward compatible with 802.11b/g networks (commonly found in home routers and wi-fi hotspots). It also provides Fast (10/100) Ethernet networking.
- 3 USB 2.0 ports for connecting a wide range of peripherals--from digital cameras to MP3 players
- Analog video output: 1 VGA
- Multi-in-1 memory card reader compatible with MultiMediaCard, Reduced-Size MultiMediaCard, Secure Digital, Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO or xD-Picture Card
- 1 headphone jack, 1 microphone jack
What's in the Box
This package contains the Acer Aspire One AOD250-1633 notebook PC, rechargeable lithium-ion battery, AC adapter, and operating instructions
It also comes with the following software: McAfee Internet Security Suite 2009 (trial version with 60 days of live update); Microsoft Works with Office Home and Student 2007 Trial; Google Desktop; Norton Online Backup; WildTangent
The 10.1-inch screen has a WSVGA resolution (1024 x 600) and support for up a 262K color depth. Video is powered by the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950, which uses shared video memory with the main memory. Acer's CrystalBrite display technology guarantees the best possible visual experience by preventing the diffusion of surrounding light and internal ray. Compared to normal TFT LCDs, Acer CrystalBrite technology is able to read color coordinates more accurately, thus minimizing distortion and creating high-fidelity colors in all environments.
Windows 7 Starter makes small notebook PCs easier to use because it puts less between you and what you want to do—less waiting, less clicking, less hassle connecting to networks. Windows 7 Starter combines the latest in reliability and responsiveness with the familiarity and compatibility of Windows.
|Simpler and easier to use ||Built with the latest technology ||Makes home networking easy |
- Features like Jump Lists, Pin, Snap, and Windows Search all make using a small notebook PC simple and easy.
- Connecting to printers and devices is easier than ever.
- Windows 7 Starter supports the latest hardware and software.
- Joining home networks with other PCs running Windows 7 is easy and simple.
- Connecting to wireless networks is easy and fast.
- Internet Explorer 8 improves the safety of web browsing.
Take the Internet to more places with the long battery life and flexibility of a compact, lightweight netbook powered by the incredibly small, amazingly smart Intel Atom processor
. It features a design structure that packs in 47 million transistors into a single chip sized at just 22mm (0.87 inches), and it uses just 2.5 watts of power--less than 1/10 of the 35 watts used by an Intel Core 2 Duo processor--for excellent battery management. This 1.66 GHz Atom N280 processor also includes a power-optimized front side bus of 533 MHz for faster data transfer on demanding mobile applications and a 512 KB L2 cache (which temporarily stores data).
The Acer Aspire One AOD250 has been designed to be even more streamlined than its predecessors--whittling down the depth to just one inch thin and shaving the weight down to just under 2.8 pounds. The sleek aerodynamic design includes elegant touches such as the color-rich chassis along with the metallic hinge with a colored accent.
It also uses a clever Multi-Gesture Touchpad that allows you to pinch, flick and swirl your fingers across the touchpad for more natural photo and video viewing as well as intuitive navigation of websites such as Google Earth. The Multi-Gesture Touchpad allows you to scroll, zoom in and out and flip through web pages, photos, spreadsheets and more. Finally, it features a soft-touch palm rest to increase typing comfort.