5.0 out of 5 stars Great Computer for the price!!
I love this computer. I have several Dells (1 desktop) (1 laptop) and an older Mac. I am amazed at the thinness and and the styling. The screen is beautiful (widescreen format). The keyboard is full size and the connectivity was incredibly easy. I absolutely recommend this computer.
Published on July 8, 2012 by Mark Lowry

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice computer, tons of bloatware
I purchased this for my father. It is a nice computer. But I have never seen a new computer with as much bloatware as this one so I have to deduct 2 stars. It took a long time to clean the computer up.
Published 18 months ago by Lance_big_daddy

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Computer for the price!!, July 8, 2012
This review is from: Acer Aspire AS5250-0639 15.5" Laptop (1.65 GHz AMD Dual-Core Processor E-450, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB Hard Drive, DVD+/-RW Optical Drive, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit) (Personal Computers)

5.0 out of 5 stars Acer Aspire, February 7, 2012
I really am enjoying my Acer. I am able to store so much music and personal videos in a flash. It is user friendly, light to carry everywhere and the color screen is soooo great. Couldn't ask for a better product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Review, December 15, 2011
This Laptop PC was much better than the advertisement would lead one to believe. It processes inputs quickly, has the facilities and software to handle most computer challenges and looks good on top of all it's other qualities.

For bang for the buck, it would be hard to beat this unit.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, March 21, 2012
D. Powell (Fort Collins, Co) - See all my reviews
I couldn't be happier with this laptop. Good battery life, fast, gets the job done, and for the price it was the best thing out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive but gets the job done, January 13, 2013
I purchased this computer because I spend a great deal of time in the hospital and will continue to. I had one laptop stolen when I was taken out of the room for a test (about 20 minutes). I got back and it was gone...and it was an expensive one with all the newest tech (core i7, 16 GIG RAM, Blue Ray Player and much more).. I was lucky that my insurance replaced it and I had remote software on it so as soon as they turned it on near a hot spot, it wiped the hard drive clean. It even geo located where it was but by then who ever stole it figured out what was going on an dumped it.

I decided that for hospital stays i wanted an inexpensive computer and this one fit the bill. While the case is clearly plastic, it feels sturdy. The screen is really clear. 4 GIG of RAM and a 500 GIG hard drive. Separate numeric keypad, webcam...all the basics on a machine around today. It was also only around $400 total. Since I backup my PCs to the net, loading it up took less time than getting the preloaded mountains of trial software off.

If this laptop is closer to me than my more expensive one when I am home, I don't think twice about grabbing it to do any basic task from web surfing to typing (it has a very comfortable keyboard to type on - raised "chicklet" style keys with a good feel and bounce back after being depressed. While it is only running an AMD dual processor (I prefer Intel quad core processors), the dual core processor in it is more than sufficient for the things I would use it for in the hospital like web surfing, watching TV, etc.

I would definitely recommend this computer to anyone. If asked I would say that it would be best used as a 1st computer (and expect that it would be around for a long time; as I said, it clearly is plastic but still feels well constructed) or a computer for school (if being used for college note that it doesn't have an HDMI output port to connect it to a TV which is becoming more common these days). But it has the overall power to do any reports or papers that need to be done. Keeping in mind that you'll need it plugged in somewhere because also like most of today's computers the battery life is about 2 hours. I have seen a couple ads for this computer claiming that can run up to 5 hours but don[t believe that for a second. Real world is about 2.

5.0 out of 5 stars Aspire Laptop, June 29, 2012
I received this order within 24 hrs of ordering it. It was well packaged and very easy to set up. It works as well as is expected and so far I have no complaints.

5.0 out of 5 stars great deal, December 17, 2012
got these for my daughters and they love them, they are fast and easy to use. great amount of space for all the online games they want to play

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase, December 30, 2012
I had an old Dell Inspiron which just stopped working, so I decided I want a new brand, different from Dell. So I bought the Acer Aspire and so far I am delighted by the performance. It is a bit slow sometimes, but I need it only for music, videos and facebook usage, so it is perfect for my needs. One good rthing that changed in Acer laptops is that now it does not overheat, since the fans are on the side of the machine, instead the old ones the fans were under i, so it was easy to overheat. As I said, for my need, it sure meets my expectations!

5.0 out of 5 stars have bought two acers, November 1, 2012
I bought my first acer when my daughter was stationed in Iraq, I got to see and text to her every night, the only down side was that I could not hear her, the speaker and microphone were in adequate, that was eight years ago, then I bought an acer for my other daughter so she could do the tax thing. I loved the acer because it had a special partition on the hard drive for backup, you do not know how much you need that until you have to go back to the store and buy an external hard drive to back up your computer like I had to do when I got my tosheba. which a I am about to replace with another acer. ps.....they are also much cheaper, I only do the utube, ebay, amazon, facebook, It does what I need it to do, also planning to change netflix from dvd to my computer.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice computer, tons of bloatware, March 11, 2013