5.0 out of 5 stars it is better than Asus with similar spec
i was looking for a new notebook to replace my son's 7 years old Toshiba Satellite notebook, after tried Asus with similar spec. and it failed after 13 days of light use, I decide to go for Acer.

Found this notebook at local store, and pick it up a week ago.

Published on February 27, 2012 by Y. Ho

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice
Published 22 months ago by Marie

5.0 out of 5 stars it is better than Asus with similar spec, February 27, 2012
This review is from: Acer Aspire AS5750-6866 15.6-Inch Laptop (2.3 GHz Intel Core i3-2350M Processor, 4GB DDR3, 500GB HDD, Windows 7 Home Premium) Black (Personal Computers)

Found this notebook at local store, and pick it up a week ago.

if you compare apple to apple, Asus and Acer all are about same price with similar spec, like, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, wireless N ready, build-in G bit nic.... manufacturer are playing price game, like 320 GB HDD model which is 20 dollars cheaper, 650 GB model is 20 dollar more...etc. choose the best fit for your need. I choose 500 GB, pretty good size capacity, one large partition, I don't think my son will use all the space in the next couple years.

one most important thing I notice between Asus and Acer is with Asus, the wireless N chip set is made by AMD, which only gave my 65 MBPS with my home wireless N network, browse through internet and Asus, Microsoft support sites, can not find any good solution to fix it, some people said that chip is not compatible with MS Windows 64 Bits Home premium Edition which comes with the notebook. With this Acer notebook, the wireless N chip set is made by Intel, it give me 300 MBPS connection speed all the time.

So far everything running smoothly with this notebook, I would recommend this notebook.

5.0 out of 5 stars great buy, April 14, 2012
I'm very happy with the purchased of this laptop. It work very good. Fast and it was easy to setup at the beginning. I highly recommend this computer to a friend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good second computer, March 30, 2012
I am a mac user and I bought this acer so that I would not have to split my hard drive. It works well and preforms up to my expectations of it as a fantastic second computer. I don't think you can get a better computer for this price.
(Acer is the best PC manufacturer on the market in my opinion unless you are going to buy a top of the line Dell or an alien ware)

5.0 out of 5 stars Acer laptop, April 23, 2012
I've had my old laptop, an Acer 3100 just about 7years now. Looking to upgrade since I think this one has lived it's life and I will be going back with this brand again. Will update the post soon.
Got my unit recently and I am very satisfied with my purchase since the processing speed is really fast, bright clear resolution, excellent battery life and so on......

Will recommend to anyone looking for a laptop

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice, November 9, 2012
It doesn't feel bulky or made out of plastic, it feels like a real laptop. It's light weight and not a pain to carry. Plus I can play video games on it, now I don't really care about graphics but what I do admire is that it has clear and detail as I play. The laptop does have some unnessary programs for me but I already deleted them. And what I will admit is that is the most annoying thing about this laptop is the battery. I swear, I can be on the laptop for about 45 minutes after fully charging it and the battery life is half way gone. I think in a couple of years I'll get a better laptop but for now this will do.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect, May 5, 2012
This is my 2nd Acer Aspire. My first was stolen and not recovered. This is one impressive laptop and the price can't be beat. The processor is fast and the built in webcam works really great. The only fault I find is with the mouse pad. It is erratic and unpredictable even after making adjustments offered by the software. It doesn't always respond to one's touch in moving the cursor. Using an external cordless mouse is the best remedy. My stolen laptop didn't have this issue. Acer Aspire AS5750-6866 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this laptop, February 12, 2014
Nice laptop, great price, excellent and satisfy for daily use. User friendly. Wish speaker a bit louder but the rest are great. Recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good laptop, September 27, 2013
Good laptop for the price. I just need something for school and work, nothing too extravagant.
Has everything you need. Keypad feels great and the format is nice.
I'd recommend it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Would never order this again, June 9, 2013
I'm in my 70's. I bought this online. I brought it to Staples. where they opened the packaging, set it up and registered it with Acer. For peace of mind, I purchased a three year contract on it. It crashed after two weeks. Acer gave them a hard time when they helped me return it for repair. Staple's talked with someone in India who gave them wrong return information. When I didn't receive it back in the time period they gave us, another phone call was made. This time Staple's asked to speak to someone in America, and It was resolved. It's working fine now. Wouldn't want to go through this again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good Laptop, March 20, 2013
is a good laptop for the price!.. good batter,
the only bad thing is the crapware from asus :( is really anoying

Rate and Discover Movies