Experience true mobile freedom with the Acer Aspire One Netbook with built-in 3G wireless connectivity from AT&T providing fast and reliable Internet access anywhere, on the nation's fastest 3G network. This small portable design packs in a 10.1" LED-backlit display, built-in web cam, Bluetooth® Technology and more, making it easy to browse the web, check email, share photos, live chat, keep up with your social networks, and enjoy a variety of entertainment wherever you are.
Personal computing just got a whole lot smaller with the slender Acer Aspire One 3G netbook with 10.1-inch screen, which includes built-in AT&T 7.2 Mbps 3G wireless capabilities as well as unlimited access to AT&T Wi-Fi hotspots. A great choice for business travelers who like to travel light, the affordable ultra-lightweight Aspire One weighs just over 2 pounds and features a vibrant 10.1-inch CrystalBrite LED backlit display, integrated webcam for easy video chatting, and a multi-gesture touchpad. The included 3-cell battery provides up 3 hours of on-the-go computing power.
The 3G-enabled Acer Aspire One for AT&T.
This netbook requires the purchase of a new two-year AT&T DataConnect plan, with affordable plans for both light and heavy users (see details below
). An AT&T DataConnect plans offer you access to the nation’s fastest 3G network, as well as free use of AT&T Wi-Fi service--featuring more than 20,000 hotspots nationwide.
It comes pre-installed with the Microsoft Windows 7 Starter operating system, which combines the latest in reliability and responsiveness with the familiarity and compatibility of Windows. It includes new Windows 7 features like Jump Lists to help you to better find and manage files, and connecting to printers and peripherals is easier than ever. (Learn more about Windows 7 Starter below.)
A 160 GB hard disk drive (HDD) provides a wealth of on-the-go storage, and the Aspire One is powered by the 1.6 GHz Intel Atom N270 processor, which is designed especially for mobile devices and features an innovative hafnium-infused circuitry that reduces electrical current leakage in transistors to conserve energy. The integrated 54g Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) will keep you connected to e-mail and all your social networks. Other features include 1 GB of RAM, built-in speakers and microphone, and a multi-format memory card reader.
- Windows 7 Starter makes small notebook PCs easier to use because it puts less between you and what you want to do--less waiting, less clicking, less hassle connecting to networks. And Starter combines the latest in reliability and responsiveness with the familiarity and compatibility of Windows. (Learn more)
- 10.1-inch LED-backlit CrystalBrite screen (1024 x 600 resolution)
- 1.60 GHz Intel Atom N270 processor combines performance and efficiency to explore the Internet and stay connected while mobile (Learn more)
- 160 GB hard drive (5400 RPM)
- 1 GB DDR2 RAM
- 0.3-megapixel webcam with integrated microphone
- 54g Wi-Fi (802.11b/g)
- Bluetooth connectivity enables you to communicate and synchronize with Bluetooth-enabled peripherals such as PDAs and cell phones.
- 89 percent full-sized keyboard
- 3 USB 2.0 ports for connecting a wide range of peripherals--from digital cameras to MP3 players
- Multi-in-1 memory card reader compatible with MultiMediaCard, Reduced-Size MultiMediaCard, Secure Digital, Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO, and xD-Picture Card
- Video: VGA
- Audio: 1 headphone jack, 1 microphone jack
- AT&T Communication Manager (ACM) 7.0 with a redesigned, user-friendly interface automatically connects you to available AT&T Hot Spots when the program is activated.
- Pre-loaded software includes Microsoft Works for word processing and spreadsheet work. Enjoy a 60-day trial version of Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007.
- Dimensions: 10.04 x 7.2 x 1.06 inches (WxDxH)
- Weight: 2.2 pounds
AT&T Mobile Broadband Service
This netbook features integrated high-speed 3G cellular connectivity via AT&T's mobile broadband data network, which is available in most major metropolitan areas. The AT&T 3G network uses the dual-band 850/1900 MHz 3G network (UMTS/HSDPA), which provides download speeds ranging from 700 Kbps to 1.7 Mbps, and upload speeds ranging from 500 Kbps to 1.2 Mbps. Additionally, it's also compatible with 2100 MHz 3G networks found in international territories (for use outside the United States, an AT&T international data plan is recommended).
In areas where the 3G network is not available, you'll continue to receive service on the AT&T EDGE network, which offers availability in more than 13,000 US cities and along some 40,000 miles of major highways. Providing average data speeds between 75-135Kbps, it's fast enough to support a wide range of advanced data services, including high-speed color Internet access and e-mail on the go.
Send and receive e-mail, browse the Internet or access your corporate intranet on the AT&T 3G wireless network. You can also supplement your data usage with Wi-Fi hotspots by leveraging available Wi-Fi first--at home, at your business--then your data plan. AT&T offers free access to thousands of AT&T Wi-Fi hotspots, such as at airports, popular coffee shops, and more. AT&T offers two pricing options for two-year contracts:
- DataConnect 5 GB: Good for heavy to moderate data usage, this plan includes 5 GB of domestic wireless data usage. Additional per KB charges apply for data usage over 5 GB. This plan is not unlimited, and not recommended as a replacement for your DSL or cable service.
- DataConnect 200 MB: Recommended for the light data user who occasionally checks e-mail and accesses the Internet 3 to 4 times a week, this plan includes 200 MB of domestic wireless data usage. Additional wireless data usage over 200 MB is automatically charged at $0.10 per MB; unused MBs do not carry over.
Windows 7 Starter makes small notebook PCs easier to use because it puts less between you and what you want to do--less waiting, less clicking, less hassle connecting to networks. Windows 7 Starter combines the latest in reliability and responsiveness with the familiarity and compatibility of Windows.
| Simpler and easier to use || Built with the latest technology || Makes home networking easy |
- Features like Jump Lists, Pin, Snap, and Windows Search all make using a small notebook PC simple and easy.
- Connecting to printers and devices is easier than ever.
- Windows 7 Starter supports the latest hardware and software.
- Joining home networks with other PCs running Windows 7 is easy and simple.
- Connecting to wireless networks is easy and fast.
- Internet Explorer 8 improves the safety of web browsing.
Take the Internet to more places with the long battery life and flexibility of a compact, lightweight netbook powered by the incredibly small, amazingly smart Intel Atom processor
. It features a design structure that packs in 47 million transistors into a single chip sized at just 22mm (0.87 inches), and it uses just 2.5 watts of power--less than 1/10 of the 35 watts used by an Intel Core 2 Duo processor--for excellent battery management. This 1.60 GHz Atom N270 processor also includes a power-optimized front side bus of 533 MHz for faster data transfer on demanding mobile applications and a 512 KB L2 cache (which temporarily stores data).