5.0 out of 5 stars Very good product
Very neat and compact PC. Only rub would be this model does not allow for a memory upgrade. With todays new software 1gig of memory may not be enough. However this little guy is easy to carry and goes with me on planes, trains and automobles.
Published on August 5, 2010 by J. Wesp

3.0 out of 5 stars Great netbook, poor software from microsoft
I have had this netbook for a few days. I am very happy with the design and function of the keyboard, keys, and battery life is excellent. I enjoy this except for one problem.

Published on October 16, 2010 by jon

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good product, August 5, 2010
This review is from: Acer Aspire AO533-23227 10.1-Inch Netbook (Glossy Black) (Personal Computers)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Very Best Netbook, September 18, 2010
M. Adler "Mark" (Chicago, IL United States) - See all my reviews
Forget the rest. This is the one to get and keep. It has none of annoying features of similar products. It has features that others don't offer. My friend and I got them at the same time and we both think it is great. What I really appreciate is the screen clarity, processor, and long battery life. I carry it instead of my organizer and taken notes on the spot. For what you would spend on apple ipod touch 32 gigs, you get 250 gigs super machine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Things do come in Small Packages and at Great Price!, September 23, 2010
I researched many of the Netbooks out there and their sundry levels of standard equipment. This N475 powered unit handles what my son throws at it (Movie Trailers - smoothly delivered in HD (480), Running SKYPE and playing iTunes in the background while doing a little surfing.... NICE. Powered by a Atom N475 Processor and 1GB of memory the Apire One works - plain and simple - the Bluetooth is a big plus, the WIFI connectivity works really well. I also love the display and the quality of the unit as a whole = no more sweating is this the one. It is! Great price - Thank you Amazon.

Ron
Mashpee, MA (Cape Cod)

5.0 out of 5 stars warning: wrong memory recommendation from Amazon!!!, October 25, 2010
John W. Wendt (Lubbock, TX and Gulu, Uganda) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Okay, the computer still gets 5 stars, because it's great. But I want to warn everyone that the 2gb memory upgrade recommended by Amazon--the Crucial 2GB 256Mx64PC2-5300 CT25664AC667 DDR2 200-Pin SODIMM Laptop Memory, is incorrect. There's a little groove at the bottom of the memory card that has to fit the slot on the computer--which this one does NOT. Otherwise, I think I could have upgraded--found nice instructions on UTube (a vid. by Aliamentation), got my Acer 533 apart, only to be disappointed when the Amazon-recommended memory didn't fit. According to this UTube video, the correct memory is Crucial 2GB 204-pin DDR3 PC3-8500 CL7. Got the computer back together and functional--whew! So bottom line--memory is upgradable but not with what Amazon is recommending.

As for the Acer Aspire One 533--fast enough for a netbook (I would have loved to give a review with the new memory!), lightweight, with very long battery life. I'll leave it to the rest of the reviewers to give you the ends and outs. This is just a memory warning, but for the netbook itself, it's the computer I've been waiting for for about 5 years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Netbook, October 2, 2010
Awesome netbook. With this, you don't need a laptop. this one is so fast it beats the performance of my crappy laptop. This one has the fastest processor out there for a netbook. KUDOS to the manufacturer!!! I've done at least 2 months of research before I decided to buy this one. This one is for sure the best one for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little Machine, September 27, 2010
This is a great little machine. Does wonderful on the things that I use it for. Haven't had any problems with it so far. Granted it won't run any high powered graphics games, but that is not what it was intended to do, but for surfing the web playing music or videos, it perfect.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great netbook, poor software from microsoft, October 16, 2010

This is slow moving to open programs. I have a 7 year old laptop with windows xp 1.6GHz and less then half the gb then this netbook. It is still much faster then this netbook. I was hoping to at least match the speed. I can only figure it is microsoft again. Claiming windows 7 speeds things up. I can count 4-5 seconds in side by side tests opening the programs I use. Which is only internet and simple programs. I will continue to work on increasing speed. It works fine once things are open. Can I get used to a short delay...? I will have too.

Microsoft seems to make everything bigger and slower needing more memory and speed. When will someone come along and simplify things. A netbook is meant to be for light duty. Fast and light.. Why is it bogged down with Microsoft windows 7 starter. Can only imagine how slow it would go with the full windows 7. Just a heads up to everyone. For the price it is a great little machine. I will love traveling with it. I will just have to take a breath before everything opens.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, difficult to upgrade memory, November 20, 2010
Brian Orr "Brian" (San Diego, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
All,
Really love this Netbook. Acer really should sell it with 2GB of memory. Make sure you get the DDR3 as other review states. There is a video on u-tube if you want to change your memory to 2GB. My keyboard doesn't come out as easy as the video. So ended up paying Best Buy $40 for an install. They said if they broke the keyboard or anything during the install they would cover it for free. Office 2007 enterprise applications open much faster with the additional memory. Un-installed Macafee and put free AVG on. Media Player is stripped so download the codecs from CNET or download VLC. I got the Samsung (Red) SE-S084C/RSRN External Drive from Amazon too and the color matches, it appears to get enough power to work. The Crucial memory web-site has the memory part #, and Amazon sells it too. The Caselogic VNA210 case works really well with this netbook. Windows 7 needed a lot of updates. Nice little Netbook. Acer please sell it with 2GB or make changing the memory easier.
Brian

2.0 out of 5 stars Netbook ok BUT..., November 3, 2010
Dennis Hair (St. Clair, Michigan) - See all my reviews
The net book itself is ok but if you want to add ram or a different hard drive they make it VERY difficult to open. I bought an Aspire one less than a year ago (my girlfriend has it) and it was easy to access for upgrades. Now you have to pry off the keyboard (and try not to break or scratch anything, almost impossible) and jump through hoops. This net book is VERY poorly designed. I will NEVER buy another Aspire one and would NOT recommend it to anyone who may want to upgrade the ram or hard drive. If you just want a basic net book and do not want ANY upgrades, it is just OK as there are others out there that have a much better battery life. I installed a quality SSD drive and upgraded to 2 gig of ram. With minimum display brightness I cannot get 7 hours out of the battery.

4.0 out of 5 stars Did the trick., November 19, 2010
I bought this as a birthday present for my wife. I prefer the full-size laptops, but she wanted a more compact netbook (for her facebook & email, primarily). So why argue? Besides, she loves it. Great screen clarity, convenient sized keys, easy set-up (including to our home wireless internet connection). True, not the blazing speed of a multi-core, but plenty respectable. And it acts and feels sturdy and reliable. I have another Acer laptop (full-sized) that my teen-age daughter uses and an Acer big screen monitor that I use with my home desk-top computer. Both have performed well and have been completely trouble free, the laptop for a year now and the monitor for almost five years. So I've been impressed with the brand. Throw in the prompt, no-hassle delivery and this walk-off price, and it has to be rated a winner.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›