5.0 out of 5 stars A lot for your money.
Published 5 months ago by D. Anderson

1.0 out of 5 stars Not A Good Buy
The keyboard has those chicklet keys, and is slightly smaller than normal. Once you get used to it, it's fine.

Published 4 months ago by Grumpyoldman

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A lot for your money., February 17, 2014
This review is from: Acer Aspire V3-571-6844 15.6-Inch Laptop (Nightfall Gray) (Personal Computers)
The reason I went with this computer is that it combines the best of older computers with the best of newer computers. What's that mean? It means no touchscreens. It means Windows 7. It means a CD/DVD drive. It means a VGA port. A little bit of old school... with a little bit of new school... very quick processor, an abundance of RAM, 2 USB 2.0 ports and a USB 3.0 port, and a pretty good build quality.

It's cheaper than most with it's specs, but it certainly doesn't feel that way. It's thin, but not flimsy. Keyboard responds well and the touchpad has had no issues at all. Battery is great.

The amount of Acer Bloatware that comes with the machine is a pain to remove, but that's to be expected in today's laptop market.

All in all, a very, very good machine at a very, very nice price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great laptop!, February 6, 2014
I bought this laptop for my girlfriend. She needed a Windows 7 PC for certain programs she needed for college. Works amazing and it is very fast. The design is pretty neat and seems quite resistant.

Speed, display, design are pretty awesome. The only thing not that awesome is the sound, but most laptops within the price range don't have good internal speakers (but it comes with Dobly Sound Surround settings and you could use external speakers for amazing quality)

It also comes with many Acer softwares but you can remove those for even faster start up.

Also the delivery came faster than expected (in 2 days).

I am very happy with this purchase and my girlfriend is happy as well. I myself had an old Acer laptop (Windows XP times) and lasted for 8 years, and I almost never turned it off (everything still works, only need to replace Hard Drive) and that experience made me buy this Acer laptop because I know Acer has high quality products just as my old laptop and this one seems to be as good as my old one. And well Windows 8 is horrible, she wanted a Windows 7 laptop.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes, this computer has built-in Bluetooth and it works!, March 21, 2014
This product has almost everything I have been looking for in a reasonably-priced laptop. I liked my V3-571-6844 so well that I bought a second one for My wife. I wanted a good backlit keyboard, so I purchased a well-known brand wireless, illuminated one, along with a wireless mouse and paired them with the Acer. That was close enough to perfection for me. It comes with Windows 7, which is the best I have seen. Windows 8 just does not appeal to me.

When I had a question, I contacted Acer Support and chatted with a rep who was quite helpful and answered my question promptly. It is true that the User-info about this computer is lacking in detail and thoroughness. Many manufacturers just do not want to take the time, nor incur the expense to provide good user-manuals for their complex equipment.

BLUETOOTH: For those seeking to enable this laptop's Bluetooth function, try pressing Fn-F3, which allows the toggle-on/off of both its Wi-Fi and Bluetooth capabilities. The Bluetooth feature works perfectly for me, no external dongle needed.

In summary, unless you want to spend a lot more money for a laptop, the 6844 is the one to buy. It has the most bang for your bucks that I have found.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, January 15, 2014
This is my first laptop so I didn't really know what to expect, but I love it! It's so much faster than my desktop, though my desktop is old. It's able to run Sims 3 very well, which I didn't expect because I read that a lot of people had trouble running Sims 3 on a laptop. There's nothing I dislike about it, it's perfect for me, for school and small games. Well, I guess there is one thing I dislike. The battery seems to run out pretty fast, but, again, this is my first laptop, so it might be normal.

4.0 out of 5 stars Updated a 9 year old computer., March 6, 2014
John Ewert (Springfield,IL USA) - See all my reviews
We are slow to replace technology and this replaced a nine year old laptop that ran as slow as molasses. The response on this computer is amazing by comparison. It's a fraction of the weight of our old computer and the battery life is very good. The display is very nice and the key board is nicely sized and responsive.

The only small complaint is that the finger scroll pad (not sure if that's the correct description) is very sensitive and it's easy to inadvertently move the pointer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not A Good Buy, March 18, 2014

There are four drawbacks... the first is that the keyboard is not backlit. The second is that there are only 1 USB 3 port, and two USB 2 ports. I plugged in my USB speakers, mouse receiver, and external drive, and have no room for anything else. Third, there's no Bluetooth, even though the description says there is. Fourth, the USB ports are on the side at the front of the machine. A connected USB cable sticks out about two inches from the port. If you're using a mouse on a small table, it takes up too much room.

I have not used the touchpad, So I can't comment about that.

I was unable to complete the process to make discs to recover the factory settings, but I believe that Microsoft has a procedure for building a recovery disc. I followed the instructions on the Acer website, but it didn't work. Clicking on the chat button to get help was a dead link. I submitted a question to the help line... they never responded.

The hardware works fine, but the company behind it leaves something to be desired.

Added 1 Jun 2014 - I've dropped my rating to one star because the computer has developed a connectivity issue lately. For no reason, it drops off line, and cannot reach the internet. I've tried all sorts of fixes recommended on the internet (using my Dell to perform the search), but nothing has worked to far. I will avoid Acer in the future.

4.0 out of 5 stars Buyer Beware, February 18, 2014
This is a good laptop but beware even though the description states "built-in Bluetooth® technology". The laptop only has win 7 that has the software for bluetooth if you buy the adapter. It's not built in! I sent in a complaint but they will not change the description. It's been a good laptop so far but I am concerned there might be other qualities that they are untruthful about.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very tempting buy but do not be allured, this purchase is a mistake, July 10, 2014
I purchased this laptop on about 4/10 and it broke before I had owned it for three months. While I agree that it was an excellent computer for the time it had lasted despite several small issues, it is definitely a machine that isn't worth any money. Keep in mind, it didn't break via a drop or spill. I turned it on one morning and it was no longer capable of functioning because a vital program called svchost.exe began consuming 7.8gb of ram upon start-up and didn't resolve itself. This issue was unrepairable and I ended up refunding the item. (I was actually lucky to be able to refund it because I had owned it for longer than a month so if you do purchase and it breaks than you will be stuck with a $600 paperweight) Anyways, as a person whose purchased many good laptops in the past, this is not one of them and I strongly urge you to not purchase it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Acer Aspire V3-571-6844 15.6-Inch Laptop (Nightfall Gray), April 8, 2014
Received it in a timely manner. I love the color, no finger prints. I like the cd insert. However there's a few things I don't like.
A lot of junk to delete ,still not sure if I've gotten it all. It, being new, freezes up already. Have to wait a while until it decides to continue. very annoying.It's 'way too sensitive, not sure if that's because it's an i5 but it jumps to the wrong site quickly..I Have a hard time typing as it starts back in the middle or somewhere else.haven't figured that out yet. I had another Acer prior to this one and a lot of the same dislikes. I thought they might've improved it but 'NO'.I probably wouldn't recommend it.Also if you decide to return it with any of these complaints, you'll have to pay shipping to do so.

5.0 out of 5 stars It fits my needs, March 7, 2014
I needed a desk replacement, and this is working great. Seems fast enough. I had to get rid of some of the bloatware that comes with Acer, but other than that I have no complaints. I was really glad I could still find a laptop with Windows 7.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›