Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback May4th

on April 5, 2014
I picked this up at BestBuy for $250 mainly because I wanted a full computer that fits in my purse in case work calls me. Yes, the computer is slow when it first boots up which is mostly due to all of the crap that ACER puts on it. Here's what I did:

Remove McAfee
Remove WildTangent games
Remove all of the ACER apps
Remove Simtoo (or whatever that's called)
Install Diskeeper 12

Sure, it's not a blazing fast machine but I needed something that could play HD videos and browse the web while connecting to work now and then.

The keyboard takes a little getting used to and the battery life is less than ideal but I needed something with high storage capacity, a keyboard, and is portable. It uses Windows 8.1 with a resolution of 1366x768 so it's decent enough. The screen is touch screen also.

Still, I'm happy with it but that was after getting rid of all of that bloatware and installing Diskeeper to defragment the drive effectively.
on February 15, 2014
I bought this because it seemed to fit my needs as college student, with it's small size and energy star approval. But in turn the computer is just slow and unreliable. I can't even open the Web browser without issues.
All in all I would gladly pay more for a another computer than buy this again.
on February 16, 2014
It's about a third the price--and mine works like a charm. True, it's slow getting started--busy, I think, collecting updates. But once it gets going, this laptop is as speedy as my internet connection happens to be.

Battery life isn't wonderful/wonderful, but I don't mind plugging it in when I am using the computer for an extended period of time. The charging cord is easy enough to bring along; the brick is small.

The laptop itself is small, light, and highly portable. The screen is bright. My only real complaint is the lack of any indicator that the CAPS LOCK is on.

And now for the biggest plus: The full-size keyboard is a delight! Although a clumsy touch typist, I make few mistakes when writing at length on this laptop. It is a PLEASURE to use this keyboard!
on November 6, 2014
I bought this unit at WalMart about a year ago, as it was on sale. Have to say I didn't use it for most of that first year and my ex-wife who did hated it. After taking it over I came to find out that this was mostly because Acer loads it up with crap-ware. The standard problem in Windows, makes want to be able to afford a proper Mac.

However, the hardware is solid. The size and weight are excellent to being mobile, while the battery is only 3.5 hours I find for light mobile work (ie, need to pound out some emails or such in a coffee shop before getting home or while waiting for your next appointment) it is rock solid. I would not, however, recommend this computer for the non-savvy user of Windows. Upon arrival in your home its software should be gutted completely. Clean install Windows 8.1 on it, let windows run all of its updates, then install the drivers from Acer and you're golden!

Once I got that done, it runs flawlessly. But for $250, it isn't a Mac so one can't expect it to work just out of the box. Nor is it expensive enough to be a premium Windows machine. As always, you get what you pay for.
on April 17, 2014
The processing is so slow and alot of stuff crashes. I had to uninstall a few things to help speed it up. Other than that it's be a great computer.
on February 26, 2014
Opened box and followed instructions exactly, plugged in power supply before turning on. I bought this computer to replace an old Dell Vostro 1510 running Windows Vista because it was slow and isn't compatable with the newest versions of explorer and chrome. Well this new Acer with Windows 8.1 is even slower. Will spend a few days trying to solve some of the issues and then will probably try and sell it on e-bay.
on June 3, 2014
I should have read the specs a bit better. Thought I was getting a laptop with a disc drive that would allow me to install my personal software (purchased and used for my side business), but discovered that the entire laptop (and Windows 8) used downloaded "Apps". If I had wanted to download "Apps", I'd have bought an iPad.
on April 10, 2014
If you want to take yourself back to the era of dial-up modems, by all means purchase this computer. It's slow that molasses in December. Though, I loved the size and look of it, I couldn't bear the horrible slowness involved with every task this computer performed. The track pad was less than responsive. Thank god Amazon's return process is so simple. I gave this computer 48 hours before I clicked the return button. DONT DO IT!
on May 4, 2014
i give it only a 3 average laptop rating...its very slow on internet between pages and searching but is great on movies..youtube ..hulu...games....the 1ghz is slow at times...still a cute nice little laptop
on January 17, 2015
If you want a slow computer with a wayward cursor and questionable reliability, by all means -- get this one.