Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on July 5, 2013
you won't find a better 15.6" touchscreen for ~$500. Three usb ports, HDMI port, internal DVD, 500+ GB HDD, backlit keyboard - there's a long list of great stuff. it's fast, quiet, and doesn't put out much heat (no Dell thigh-burn here). i bought this for work and liked it so much after a few weeks that i bought another one for my family. expect maybe 3hrs on the battery. meh - but that's the market reality.
only real peeve is the physical spacebar response on the keyboard can be erratic when typing fast - it cangetannoying. also the trackpad is very sensitive. it can pick up a contact from your hands/thumbs pretty easily while typing and unintentionally move your cursor downscreen mid-sentence - super annoying. basically, be mindful of your hand position while you type - and be extra assertive with the spacebar.
overall though - this is a great buy for work, school & general family use.
on July 14, 2013
Be aware - this review concerns the SELLER Antonline, not the product from Acer. (I selected "Like" for product -- but would rate the Seller, Antonline, "I hate it")

I ordered the Acer laptop in June as a graduation gift for my son. It actually arrived earlier than expected and was gifted a short time later. While the laptop seems fine in all other respects, it had one manufacturer flaw - it simply would not charge. While plugged in, it operated well and my son loved the Windows 8 interface, but remove the plug and it would not operate. I tried to seek a repair or replacement under the factory warranty through stores local to my area. I was always redirected back to the original seller. I contacted Antonline within the 30 day guarantee window by email through Amazon. I then contacted Amazon to make them aware of the issue and they, also, sent an email explaining the issue. I received an email back explaining that my 30 days had been exceeded and, therefore, outside the return policy (Antonline was counting down from the "order" date, not the "received by" date). I contacted Amazon once again to determine when the 30 day guarantee begins and they confirmed that the guarantee begins the date of delivery to the customer, not the order date. They, also, sent another follow up email explaining to Antonline that I was within the return policy time frame and this matter should be resolved by them. I received my final email notice from Antonline explaining (again) that they do not follow the Amazon guidlines and, instead, begin the 30 days from the date of order, not the date received. (For clarity, the difference between the two dates was 3 days).

After contacting Amazon and asking what to do, I was told I would receive a total refund of the purchase (isn't this why we all LOVE Amazon in the first place?) and I could simply reorder the laptop from another seller. While that isn't the easiest way to resolve this issue, it is one way and I have chosen to do just that. It really seems as though Antonline went out of their way to not resolve a manufacture warranty issue that could have been handled simply and would have resulted in a sale retained by them, a happy customer with a good review and need not have involved Amazon at all. Personally, I would never order from Antonline again knowing their attitude towards the consumers they sell to.

If you like what this laptop has to offer - as I did - I suggest searching another seller on Amazon and find yourself happier in the end should you face a warranty issue as I have.
on June 2, 2013
overall, the computer was good, just as described. light in weight and sleek look. Lighted keyboard and other features that make it look a worthy computer for the price especially. only setback is with Operating system windows 8, It became really had for my parents to adopt to the new homescreen as opposed to desktop and start menu in the previous windows versions. applications provided are only microsoft based. one cannot load a yahoo application based on another browser like chrome. then there is the issue of closing the windows. the x on the top right which windows users are used to is gone. closing different tabs and open windows is a nightmare. i found myself closing running applications through the task manager.
otherwise, the hardware is recommendable.
ill be more than happy if i can be upgraded to the newly released windows 8.1 which solves most of this issues.
on August 11, 2013
I purchased this machine from a different supplier but felt I needed to tell all how great the product is. I read all the complaints about windows 8 and almost didn't purchase this laptop. I felt that there were always people who complain about everything, so I took a chance. Boy am I glad I did. Before the laptop arrived I went on youtube and looked at instructions by Jay and I also have a tablet and am use to apps and a touchscreen. When the laptop arrived it took about an hour or so to apply what I had learned, what FUN, so now I am finding out new things daily. As far as the laptop its self, runs cool, great screen, love the lit keyboard, streams look outstanding.I am not geek just an average computer user who shops on the web, reads and sends emails, plays games, downloads photos, etc. I feel the complaints are not on the laptop but the OS, these are people who do office applications and are use to a different format, but for all of "us" average consumers, this is the affordable machine for us.
on May 17, 2014
And no, I'm not talking about the shiny, shiny screen. Well okay, I am talking about it but not about the glare. The problem is this screen is not robust. Carrying around in a backpack (fit snugly) one day I opened it and the screen was shattered from the top-left corner. Had to totally disable touch to continue using it. Acer won't replace it because it's "not a defect". But do some searches on this model and you will find cracked screens are widely reported.

Part of being portable means robust design. This laptop lacks that, sadly.
on October 9, 2013
This laptop has all the features I needed and want. I never thought I could get such an advanced laptop for this price. the laptop continues to amaze me everyday and I learn new things all the time. This is my first laptop and I hope this portends well for all my future laptop buys. The touch screen capacity is so beautiful and so easy. The laptop is super slender and the keyboard is super comfortable. I like Windows 8. I know it has a way to grow, but I am enjoying it. I thought it would take a me a while to learn how to use it and that I would have ruined my laptop by that time, but that is not the case. its easy to learn and very user friendly.

cons
1) The space bar needs to be pressed on deliberately harder otherwise your typed words would looklikethis.
2) The picture resolution is not the best
3) The volume is not great, i think that's because they made the silly choice to put the speakers under the laptop, so its muffled unless you lift up the whole laptop in the air. But using headphones, you get great quality sound
4) Battery life is not great. 3 hours at the max.but i knew that before i got it.

Overall I am soooooo pleased with this purchase. it has a DVD/CD slot and so many ports and so many cool features. I am so pleased. I hope it lasts long and is durable. That's the only unknown now.
I am so pleased. so happy, I have been sad for a while and felt like my choices have not been efficient, but this laptop helps me feel better about everything in general. wow. its working wonders for my mental state too.

I love this laptop. I love it. I really love it. Unless you are a serious gamer, if you are a regular user of laptops, this is perfect
on June 2, 2013
This Laptop is one of a kind, the Tablet/PC combination makes it a must have for work and play. Screen touch responds very fast. Its got everything desirable and its really slim and very sleek.
on April 29, 2014
I have gotten this laptop it worked fine till 3 weeks ago, it wont open the apps, it wont let me restore to factory reset, it wont recognize any e-mails nor Microsoft accounts to get playstore to open. I also purchased an acer tablet which is giving me problems as well.i will never but anything from acer ever again, as for im not getting help from the company I purchased these products from.i payed good money not to have a laptop that's giving problem less then a year of having it...........IM NOT HAPPY
on October 16, 2013
I ordered this laptop two days ago, and to my surprise, it was delivered in just 48 hours! The laptop was secure, safe, and neatly packaged when I opened it; nothing was damaged or out of place. Setting up this laptop was quite easy. It took around twenty minutes for me to set it up to my liking and standard. (I was taking my time...*Smiles*) This laptop is a Windows 8; I'm liking it so far. The keyboard is wonderful! I am in love with the black chiclet keys and having the backlit keyboard definitely makes this laptop look sleek, clean, and modern. The backlit keyboard is bright and noticeable; there is nothing to complain about here. It's beautiful to say the least! Typing on the laptop is a breeze; the buttons are easy to press and very durable and strong. The touchpad is larger than most, but it works perfectly. The touchscreen is miraculous! It moves and slides with ease; just a touch of my finger and it responds beautifully. I've been using this laptop for a couple hours now, and I have had no trouble at all. There has been no lagging, and it is very responsive and quick. The laptop has not been hot; the fan on the side does it justice. The laptop is quiet and the screen quality is crisp and fresh. The ONLY downside, I must confess, is the speakers. I believe they are on the bottom of the laptop and the sound quality is just "okay". It's not good and it's not bad. I'm normally not a picky person, but the poor sound quality was noticeable, in my opinion. Using headphones makes the sound quality much better though. Other than that, I still really love this lapto and I do not regret buying it. The price was magnificent! You cannot find a laptop that has a touch screen, chicklet keyboard with backlit lights, and cd player for this price! It's just AWESOME! I'd recommend it to anyone! :)

I hope my review has helped you. Have a great day! <3 - Cally Prince

P.S:
If you have any questions, contact me here ----> callycat2311017992@gmail.com
on December 28, 2013
The value on this computer is outstanding. The touch screen, while I didn't think I would care/like it at first, is now hard to imagine using a laptop without one. I would recommend this computer, although the specs aren't the best, it is a great value.