Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation

on August 14, 2012
Sleek and relativly light for a notebook. Uses a 4 cell battery where most laptops use 6 cell batteries. Has a dual layer DVD burner. Built-in monitor provides sharp images. Computer case has a bit more flex that will only increase with age and use.
One major complaint is that te hard drive is a 500gb 5400 single disk where as the product description at Amazon.com indicates the HDD was a hybrid drive. The hybrid drive is the reason I purchased this particular laptop.
on April 18, 2013
If you need to replace anything on this you are screwed. One of the kids spilled a drink near the computer and some got in the keyboard making some keys sticky. I removed the keyboard hoping to easily replace it as is possible with any other laptop I've encountered. Guess again...you can buy a new keyboard for a king's ransom but not the frame around it. I also discovered the plastic clip holding the keyboard in place, which had a minor crack and completely broke upon removal, is also not purchasable and considered part of the motherboard. But to be 'fair', Acer will repair all of this for $199 plus shipping! Admittedly the spill was our fault, but what is normally a simple swap of a part costs half the price of the whole thing?? No more Acer's, ever.
on December 30, 2012
Bought this laptop for internet surfing and simple writing. Works great for both of those reasons. Lightweight, sturdy, CD/DVD drive is awesome on such a small laptop and a perfectly sized screen. One problem; and it is a problem. The touch pad buttons are sticky. Like I click in and it refuses to click out. Easily fixed with a wireless mouse attachment that a friend gave me. Aside from that, great laptop.
on December 25, 2012
What can I say, its a great laptop for my mother in law who wants yo learn the basics about a computer. No lagging, no error screen and not much bloatware. Can't complain, I'm satisfied.
on December 10, 2012
This is the 4th or 5th one I have bought, perhaps more. I've had 1 DOA (Hey it happens). But the performance of the others has been all you could ask for at this price point.