Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eric Clapton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation

Capacity: C720|Change

on May 25, 2016
I use this Chromebook everyday, for almost everything! 2 Years strong, and still running very well, exceptional battery life, but starts to decrease over the years though! Either way, great computer!
on May 25, 2016
In terms of a tablet for surfing the web or for social media use the 720 and the 720p from acer are the best. Ive tried many brands but these chromebooks are amazingly reliable. No boot up time...Im online in 5 seconds. Nice screen quality as well. HIGHLY recommended!!
on May 25, 2016
I've been using this for almost two years now (my free Drive storage will soon run out). When the webstore became limiting to my needs (graphic design, mostly) I enabled developer options and now I use Crouton and boot into a Linux (XCFE) desktop now and then so I can use GIMP and whatnot (which runs blazingly fast on Linux). But mostly I stay in ChromeOS and am pleasantly surprised by how efficient it is for many of my day to day computing needs. The Google ecosystem is beautiful, really. Docs, slides, drawings; all synced to the cloud and with a minimalistic UX.
on May 23, 2016
Almost 2 years old and still goin
on May 17, 2016
Trackpad came partially broken. The actual button in it to click won't work unless I click in extremely hard, so I can only tap click. I would really like to get it replaced as I prefer clicking an actual button over tap clicking and its easier to click-and-hold things.

However, other than that, it's a really snappy, quick laptop for the price. Remote Desktop works great with it too. If all you do is internet-based things, it really is the way to go.
on May 17, 2016
Love this netbook. I use it more often then my laptop. Good battery life, performance, versatility.
on May 16, 2016
perfect thanks
on May 16, 2016
I have been unable to locate caps lock from the laptop and the user manual does not provide a guide on this. For instance, if I am using Google Docs and I wish to type headings in upper case I have found difficulty with this. It is not clear which button I have press. I wish I could find help with this.

Otherwise the equipment is versatile and useful. Its slim structure and light weight makes it very flexibly convenient with my work that involves a lot of traveling and movement.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 15, 2016
I bought this for my daughter to practice animation and so that she could so homework assignments. She's always using my laptop. The 1st day the ^ button fell off & it keeps falling off. I didn't return it the 1st time it happened because I assumed that placing the button back in would solve the issue. The laptop works just fine but it's not very well made if pieces are falling off.
on May 14, 2016
I bought this in November 2014, opened it that December, used it regularly everyday for writing (Google docs), web surfing, email, Netflix, etc. It is a fantastic little device! Starts up quickly, keeps a charge for 10+ hrs!, and the battery charges in about 1-2hrs! Awesome chromebook! Every once in awhile it takes about a minute to find our wifi extender but it dependably does. That is the only complaint I had prior to yesterday. Yesterday it wouldn't find our house's wifi signal at all. Without wifi this device is useless. Literally.
We went to acer support and followed their instructions for reinstalling the OS and that did nothing. We tried again. Nothing.

Then today we got a new modem from TWC and it booted right up, registered the wifi, and works like a charm again! **Before you give up on this computer, make sure your signal coming into the device is stable and working** I wrote a negative 2 star review this morning, thinking the chromebook was at fault. Thankfully I was wrong!

I have recommended this specific computer to many people, especially to those who need a lightweight, easily portable, putt-putt around the house, do random web stuff people. "Real" laptops are expensive, heavy, and are not completely realistic for many individuals. This chromebook is absolutely perfect for everything we need it for and was a perfect middle ground before having to commit to spending $400+. We took it on a plane ride once and since it had not been shut down prior to travel (you need to log on to the computer every time you log off/shutdown), we didn't need to log on to the computer and were able to use a usb stick to access google docs.

The only other negative aspect to this type of computer is that there is currently (May 2016) no ability to hook up and play dvd's on the screen. We bought a small dvd player/burner and tried many different ways of getting it to play but chrome will not let you. But, really, that is a relatively small negative and, as long as you are aware, you can plan accordingly (burn movies, etc onto a usb and play off those-we haven't tried this yet but I've read that it has worked for others).

I highly recommend this chromebook!