5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING VALUE!
Published 7 months ago by DEALHUNTER

3.0 out of 5 stars Good idea,updates will go a long way to making it better.
I bought this device several months ago. I have mixed feelings about it. Like similar devices it has it's pros and cons.
Published 11 months ago by sambob24

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING VALUE!, December 25, 2013
This review is from: Acer DA220HQL 21.5-Inch Android All-in-One Touchscreen Desktop (Black) 2013 Model (Personal Computers)
This unit at this price point (we paid $299) is one of the best values I found all year. On the account of some less than great reviews I hesitated to purchase this, but let me tell you, as a very "tech person", the poor reviews are unfounded and authored by people who simply were disappointed that this does not have Windows installed which it does not claim to! You can however plug in your Windows laptop, tablet. tower, etc, and have a full blown huge Windows tablet/touchscreen all-in-one! The screen is beautiful I must mention; it's full HD and crisp - I can't take anyone with issues with the screen seriously and hopefully you won't either. My only disappointment was that I did not get this sooner!

Android OS works much better in a desktop manner than I thought it would. Mind you we got this mainly for the kids to use android, and secondly as a monitor solution to get a desktop experience from our smaller Windows tablets. It really works great for all of this and unlike many other "portable all-in-ones", this unit actually is absolutely portable! For $299, I honestly expected less, but feel I got well more than my money's worth with this product - VERY HAPPY.

****PROS****
~This unit is truly portable! It's very thin, light-weight, sleek, and just very attractive and high quality all around.
~The included keyboard and mouse are very nice - they have a uniqueness in their design that is refreshing.
~Crisp, clear, FULL HD touch-screen.
~Micro to full HDMI cable & micro to full size USB are included in the box.
~Works as a touch screen monitor for any (even non-touch screen) Windows machines.
~Adjustable built-in kickstand works great and is much lighter and less bulky than other 'stands' on all-in-ones.
~It's dirt cheap for what you get!

****CONS****
~It's only 2-point multi-touch, compared to other 5-point or 10-point options out there - that's the only con I can think of, though I haven't noticed any limitation(s), not has the wife or kids.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good idea,updates will go a long way to making it better., August 31, 2013
Lets start with the Pros: The monitor is quite attractive. The colours are bright and vivid, contrary to the views of another reviewer. The touch screen is very good albeit only two point.The mouse and keyboard works well, although I find the mouse to be too small. If you have big hands the discomfort of holding the mouse is quite noticeable. My solution was to ditch the mouse and opt for a good mouse. Now this is where this monitor really shines, windows 8, attached to my Windows 8 laptop it is really nice.
Now the cons: The screen does show some graininess as mentioned by another reviewer. This screen seems not even to be a true touch screen it's more of an optical screen. The screen has this silvery look that resmbles the old cathode ray monitors which I think takes away from the overall look of the monitor. When the monitor is on it is okay , when it is off that is when you get that sort of retro appearance. The biggest problem with the monitor is with windows 8, the monitor has a frame around the mask,so closing an app in windows 8 can only be done with the mouse. Those of you with windows 8 touch screens know what I mean.
Conclusion : As an Android tablet it is mediocre as it is currently, even though it runs ICS. There are a lot of apps that won't even install, there are others that will install but won't fit the screen format. Flipboard is one that comes to mind. It will be nice to see a firmware update to remedy such problems. As an external monitor it gets an A. I see it priced on some sites for as much as 500 dollars. One of the other reviewer said that she paid 599.00 I paid 499.00. This monitor is worth just what Amazon sells it for. I would recommend it to others, but at no more than Amazon's price. You might also want to take a look at the Viewsonic VSD200 same monitor, without the skin Also found on Amazon. Acer added their well known ring to their monitor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great combination of monitor and Android OS!, June 28, 2013
I love this thing! I was kinda skeptical before making the purchase, but this thing actually surprises me! Impressive performance and Acer has done a fantastic job!!
Came with wireless KB and MS, and it's very light-weighted. I put it on the kitchen counter top and it comes in handy with touch. I can browse the web for recipes and stream videos.
Well worth the $$!

5.0 out of 5 stars Reguarding the "graininess", October 10, 2013
I read the reviews on it being grainy, but i ordered it anyway and its display is almost like an HD screen. But i dont see a point in others talking about it, when it clearly shows what you are refering to in the photos. You are honestly getting what you pay for. I do see a problem with unclear pictures taken from the camera, but it could just be the lighting. i have the same problem with my phone and it is an HD. I would definately recomend this to someone, but it really only works if you can access a wi-fi connection the day you get it. It doesnt have very many apps installed on it when it arrives, but anyone can get to a wi-fi connection and download offline content. I love it!!!!! and the keyboard and mouse work great. I like the usb 'chip' in the mouse. you just plug it into the monitor and both the mouse and keyboard are automatically connected. I personally think it's real cheap for what all you get, but thats with a lot of things on Amazon. :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Deal, September 30, 2013
The only reason anyone ever gives this a bad review, I feel like, is because they don't realize what they are buying before they buy it. A 21.5 inch touchscreen monitor that also runs Android. That's what this product is. It's not a PC. Touch screen monitors typically run you about $350 dollars (or more), and since this one has the added bonus of functioning on it's own, it's a great deal! For this amount of money, I effectively purchased a Windows 8 tablet, an Android tablet, and a pretty darn good monitor. Color reproduction isn't bad and the resolution is pretty good too.

PROS:
- Touch screen monitor
- Runs android
- 1920 x 1080 Display

CONS:
- The screen is slightly inset which might be off-putting for some
- IS NOT A PC (although this isn't really a con in my mind)
- I'm not a big fan of the weird swirl design that envelopes the speakers

2.0 out of 5 stars Passable as a consumer, but not a productivity tool, January 10, 2014
I recently tested one of these for a charitable auction, because we wanted to make sure people understood its limitations and advantages when bidding. This is essentially a large tablet, albeit a relatively slow one. It is not compatible with many apps from the Google and Amazon store. It does, however, suffice to check email, watch streaming video, engage in social networks, and browse some web sites. That later part is the catch. Some web sites will simply be too much for it, even our local television stations' sites were too busy for it. You would be better off sticking to apps.

Importantly, some web sites that do not work are Google apps and Microsoft Skydrive. I installed Google's QuickOffice as well. You might be able to create a very basic word processing document, but even the most basic spreadsheets are a struggle to read, and impossible to create. So basically, if you have any real work to do, forget it.

What it does very well is play Angry Birds. If can easily zoom all the way out and fling birds at the full landscape in view. Other games performed well too, if they were deemed compatible and could be installed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Should have bought from Amazon., October 19, 2013
nuismer (Fort Payne, AL and Dunnellon, FL) - See all my reviews
This Computer is really different! It is like having a great, big Android desktop computer. It is as capable of operating with a mouse and keyboard as fully touch capable. It really is more a desktop computer than a tablet. But it will download and play lots of Android Apps and Games. The powerful speakers make game play more enjoyable. The 21.5 inch screen is bright and readable for my aging eyes. It weighs 10 lbs. so it really is not for your lap. It will tilt from 70 degrees to 20 degrees so if you have lots of desk space you may use it almost lying flat. It is not terribly fast (Quadrant Score = 1800), but it keeps up well and does not appear any slower than some of my faster tablets in Chrome. It has NO sensors (accelerometers, g-sensors, position) so a lot of my previous Apps (99 out of 250) will not load from the Google Play Store (most, I think, for the lack of a position sensor). It will actually display Apps that only work in portrait mode but they are lying on their side. It has 2 full size USB ports, 1 micro USB port, a HDMI port, a Ethernet port, and a micro SD card slot. It has lots of pre-installed Apps including Kindle, Amazon AppStore, Chrome, Facebook, Netflix, Play Store, Polaris Office, Skype, and YouTube. I really like this hybrid and would recommend it to anyone that has some Android experience (I say that because Acer provides absolutely NO Android information). It has a three page Quick start guide that only shows how to hook it up. They provide the User Manual on a CD (this computer doesn't have a drive to view it!). You can go to Acer's Web site to download the PDF file. If, like me, you have been a Windows user all your life and want to try Android give this computer a try. I think you will like it - I do.

4.0 out of 5 stars Acer All in one, September 26, 2013
I cannot find my first review.
I found out why the keyboard would not power up. The wireless USB receiver is hidden in the wireless mouse.
I went to Acer live support and they showed me a wireless mouse with the USB receiver in the bottom of the mouse. The mouse I had, remove the top cover and right next to the battery is the USB mouse. The keyboard will power up when the All In One is powered up with the USB receiver plugged in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Only if you tweak it, March 14, 2014
mousepotato (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
When the early Android tablets were out, especially all the cheap ones, they were all buggy. I've had a very early one and also recently had a Vizio Coplay (another android device) so I know what their biggest shortcomings are: MEMORY.

MUST DOWNLOAD MEMORY MANAGER! That 1 GB memory is too small for demanding apps like Flipboard or even a simple browser. The very first thing you must do is download a memory app like Memory Booster that can auto boost as often as possible because you will run out of memory. When that happens, the unit will slug or hang. Also, reduce the items to sync with your account. There is also a setting in settings that says to remove app from memory when you leave it- it helps.

The processing speed is just enough, but you will really feel the effects of low memory. If the Play store doesn't have an app, Amazon Appstore might have it or you can sideload apps which may or maynot work. You have to test each app to see if it works properly. Also, update the system immediately, that helped stability right away. I would also load a lighter launcher like Nova or Solo. If you want Flipboard to work better, set the cache as small as possible and reduce the number of panes. The Youtube app runs better and works well. You can sideload Adobe Flash to play flash games, animations.

The Chrome browser is very buggy, I use the stock browser and it is snappy. I haven't tested the monitor function yet, but this is a good standalone machine to do everyday things like listen to Songza, surf, Flipboard, Youtube. etc. You can't have multiple windows open when browsing but you can open multiple tabs.

I hope these tips can help you have a better experience. I really think it is a valid breakthrough product, but it is not as polished as an Apple product.

4.0 out of 5 stars does what we wanted it to do, September 27, 2013
This is hanging on the wall in our church lobby to provide interactive updates to our people on various ministries we support around the world. It looks good and functions well. The touchscreen is responsive but don't expect it to work like an iPad. The wifi reception is good and the web pages load well. Included keyboard is OK but after installing it the Android OS tends to default to that keyboard instead of the touchscreen keyboard. Easy to correct,however.

Rate and Discover Movies