Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on September 2, 2012
Just about every day I search online for reviews of this tremendous projector... and see none.
This is hard to believe since a lot of mini LED enthusiasts must have gotten their hands on one.
The Acer quality of this beamer surpassed my expectations.
Playing videos through my computer via hdmi or a usb stick, the built-in memory or micro SD card are all fantastic.
You should see Iron Man in blu-ray!!!
My favorite is to use my Roku sx HD connected to the K130 via hdmi in the evenings, in a dark room to watch episodes of "Lost", "Numb3rs" and "Eureka" on Netflix. Watching a video projected on a plain white wall as a 140" screen, with the projector on a tripod about 14' from the wall is like being at the theater.
From the pics of the K130, it doesn't appear to have audio out, but with an included vga cable (which includes a 3.5" headphones jack), the sound of any of your video sources can be enjoyed with headphones or powered speakers.
My only con is the menu navigation, but with practice and experience, it should not discourage anyone considering this unit. 300 lumens, internal memory, 3D ready (have not tried that yet), USB, HDMI, AV, VGA, mini-SD inputs and tripod mountable make this a must-have device.
on February 14, 2013
I bought this item as the projector for home. I was delivered quite fast from amazon.de.
Pros. The picture quality is excellent.
The ability to use external speakers by means of included VGA cable is really useful.
Really like to use it every day in the evenings, but only with laptop, as the internal movie player seems to be useless (see. cons.).

Cons.
1. As I switch ON the projector the picture is not focused. It is not obvious from the first sight, but as You switch the MENU with small letters- they are all blurred. In order to solve the problem I should HIT a bit from the bottom of the device in the region on the lens! And that was from the very beginning.

2. Some movies could not be played using internal player- even .AVI movies. Almost 40% of movies just flicker, and IN ALL the movies, that last longer than 1.5-2 Hours there is an asynchronization of sound and picture at the end (15-20 minutes).

So all in all- the ACER k130 could be used with computer of portable media player, but the built-in player is a crap.

Maybe there is a newer software update that solves all the mentioned problems?????
22 comments4 of 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 9, 2013
I got this pj at another site at a good price and I have been very pleased. It does need to be used in a darkened room but it puts out a pretty good picture for the price. The audio out is nice so you can add some powered speakers for a cheap home theater. I have it hooked up to an hd cable box sitting about11 feet back from the screen and it puts up a 100 inch picture. HD is good but blue ray looks better imo. Overall a good little unit.
on June 25, 2013
unfriendly controls .. couldn't get it to work .. poor instructions ..poor support
nice unit .. really wanted to to work it .. but never happened
on May 4, 2014
I have been using it from Nov 2012, watched many movies and truley satisfied with it.Have connected it to my Roku and using my tablet to stream content via DLNA making it wireless. Have connected X-box to it and gaming moves directly to the next level.
No issues so far and would definetly recommend this one.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 12, 2014
This is exactly what I wanted and so much more. It is so bright one does not have to turn off the lights in the room to make a great image on the wall.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 17, 2013
Compact, beautiful picture. Use with computer speakers for best presentation. Best in darkened room. We use it to play movies in a dorm.