5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of hardware for the money
Published 12 months ago by KB

3.0 out of 5 stars after twoweeks i havemixedfeelings
Published 11 months ago by ken

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of hardware for the money, December 7, 2013
This review is from: Acer Aspire E1-771-6603 17.3-Inch Laptop (2.4 GHz Intel Core i3-3110M Processor, 6GB DDR3, 750GB HDD, Windows 8) Steel Gray (Personal Computers)
The i3 processor with it's hyper-threading technology combined with Windows 8.1 makes this machine really fast. The HD 4000 graphics can stream a HD movie from Netflix to a 55" TV , at the same time surf the web or run programs with blazing speed. Touchpad can be a little crazy at times but I think it's more to do with Windows 8.1 learning curve than the PC hardware. I can't believe people are paying $100 bucks more for a Acer Aspire with less hardware just because it comes with Windows 7 on it. Windows 8.1 comes with a Desk Top screen that looks and works just like Windows 7, which I use as my main screen and when I hit the start button on the bottom left it takes me to the NEW start screen with the live tiles. Just think of the NEW start screen as the old start button on steroids, everything is in there stretched out over 2 long screen(top/bottom). Windows 8.1 is not that bad and it's much faster. This is a great PC and has the hardware to stay with me into the future.

Amazon is the BEST place to shop for computers or anything else for that matter. And when it comes to shipping, NOBODY does it better. I order this Friday afternoon on Prime next day and receive it Saturday before lunch for a extra $13. You can not beat that.

Update Charms Bar, if you don't like the Charms Bar go to Control Panel/Mouse/Edge Action and uncheck Right EdgeAction and hit Apply. It still shows from time to time but for the most part it's gone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice computer for the money!, January 16, 2014
I've owned an Acer Aspire 7741-7870 for the last four years, and enjoyed it very much until a coffee spill created some issues with the keyboard. Hence I went shopping for another computer. I'm a 67 year old retired guy, and as such I am very frugle as to where and how I spend my money. I do my homework and read all the reviews. I chose Acer four years ago because I considered it the biggest bang for my buck and I wasn't disappointed then and I'm certainly not now.
This new computer was nicer than I expected in looks and performance. The old 7741 had a 17.3" screen so I definitely wanted another. With this computer I got a better chip set, CPU and bigger hard drive. After hearing so many folks complain about Windows 8, I was a little leary at first. As soon as I received my computer (from Amazon one day earlier than the scheduled date) and got it running, I uploaded the free Windows 8.1 and was off and running. It took me only two days to adjust to windows 8 and I haven't looked back since. As for the complaints about a touchy touch pad, I use a wireless mouse and rarely use the touch pad, so I have it turned off. I also haven't had any issues with pop-ups as one reviewer claimed. The speed is great and It also has better speaker sound than my old 7741. I really like the better keyboard, and the sleek look and design is better than I expected. It also has USB 3.0, Ethernet, and Bluetooth.
Overall, If you're looking for a basic computer that doesn't have a lot of frills that you don't need, but has more than the money would suggest, and can handle basic duties and movies with ease, then give this one a look. A nice "Bang for the Buck" indeed.

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE THIS LAPTOP!, December 12, 2013
I love this laptop. The size, graphics, speed and quality is wonderful. The price was just right and and setting it up was very easy. Very happy with my purchase

3.0 out of 5 stars after twoweeks i havemixedfeelings, January 5, 2014
ken "average guy with opinion" (las vegas, nv United States) - See all my reviews
first off iagree withothers who commented on the touch padissue. after trying various driversifoundone that works better for me. as to the keyboard you can see that sometimes ipress the space bar and it doesn't work. it really has to be hit hard and im tryingto learnto thump itbut also thinnking ofreturning the notebook too. ileftthiscomentary uncorrected so thatyoucansee how oftenitdoes this..... of course i could gobackand addthe spacesbutthatisa pain.

5.0 out of 5 stars For a customer, March 6, 2014
John R Kucharski (VIRGINIA BEACH, VA, US) - See all my reviews
After 2 weeks of searching for the best deal on an iCore laptop, this baby was it. It had nowhere near as much bloatware as many other models, and has a brilliant display that even impressed me! This one is a winner!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good price, good all around product, doesn't do anything overly amazing... just good., October 4, 2014
I've hadthis puppy for awhile... it's a good computer... it's my casual PC when I am not on my MAC stuff... I can do some light graphic work on it... it's pretty solid. But I got this for fun not work. The camera a big thing for me cause I like to talk with friends. I find it gets choppy and cuts out randomly... even when i open the cams app just to take a pic... it starts to get choppy... I mean it's annoying but not the end of the world... Um this laptop pushed me into the Windows 8 era... that's been a tragedy. But if your looking to play basic games, chat with friends, and just dick around online, or do homework... this is a solid device. I have had no issues a Google search couldn't resolve. Battery works well for how often i am plugging and unplugging it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, July 2, 2014
i love my laptop
good price also

1.0 out of 5 stars This Acer was a bad disappointment, June 9, 2014
Had the machine 5 days and the hard drive went bad....paid 27 dollars shipping to have Acer in Texas repair it....got it back and now 11 days after repair machine crapped out again....been using Acer's for years but never again...Acer refuses to give me a new machine but insists on re-repairing...Oh, and now Amazon lists it for 499.99 and I paid 541.99 May 6, 2014.....

5.0 out of 5 stars love my laptop, May 29, 2014
Junior (United States) - See all my reviews
since "they" were doing away with the windows on my husband's laptop, he got a new one ...I decided to get a new one also to replace my ''archaic'' desktop computer...I am glad I did...I really like this laptop...I did a lot of research before buying it, and I am enjoying it...much faster than my old desktop.. graphics are good ... my issues are not with the laptop, but with windows 8 and 8.1...I still can't figure out how to make an email contact list and how to make a contact group for my email...i'll get there... this laptop was a good buy for me...

5.0 out of 5 stars MY LAPTOP, May 22, 2014
I got this laptop for myself as a birthday gift and I love it. Also the mouse and case for it. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!