Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

Size: 23-InchChange

on July 18, 2015
Terrible display. Top of the display is low contrast, bottom is high. It's a truly terrible picture. The on-screen controls are beyond absurd.
review image
11 comment35 of 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 3, 2015
Contrary to what other reviewers say, this monitor DOES have tilt. it's about 20 degrees though.
The only downside to the monitor was the buttons to adjust. it's placed under the monitor rather than in front, so you have to feel your way around the menu. However, once you get the OSD up, it shows you little arrows to where the buttons are located.

For those concerned about the bezel width, I bought 2 of these monitors and attached a pic side by side for you to clearly see.
on November 12, 2012
I bought this monitor for two reasons:

1) It's super cheap.

2) Acer is a reliable brand.

Having said that, the monitor was a bit foggy and I'm not sure if that's an LED thing or not, it's my first LED monitor. I adjusted the brightness/contrast/colors a bit and now I'm very happy with the monitor.

This is replacing my 22" Acer LCD that I purchased 5 years ago. That one still works too, it just takes a few minutes to turn on and it makes high pitched noises (bad capacitors?) - so I expect it is going to die soon. 5 years is a good amount of time, so I like Acer and I imagine this newer, lower power LED will last even longer!

* One of the pictures shows the monitor as having HDMI, it DOES NOT. It has VGA and DVI, which fine for me, I use DVI.
22 comments69 of 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 15, 2015
I just got the monitor in today. Vibrant colors, very lightweight, and easy tilt-back feature. For most people, it may be good to adjust the brightness after you've set it up. My eyes are very sensitive so I ended up decreasing the brightness to 33. I may decrease it further.

The set-up is fairly easy, but it seemed daunting at first when I was trying to figure out how to place the screen on the base. I looked at an ACER forum thread and found that the two pieces for the base just slide into each other. For the screen, I highly suggest you place the base down on the table (or whatever flat surface you're working on) and sit the monitor on top of it; push it down until you hear a "snap!" sound. Mine didn't sink all the way down, so there is still a light wobble, especially if I'm typing to fast. I'm too scared to push down on it any further for fear of breaking it. I may experiment with that later because the wobbling can be irritating. Otherwise, very nice monitor. Slim, so it doesn't take up as much space as my previous one.

Recommendation for ACER: perhaps adjustable height in the future.

EDIT: changed my rating from 4 to 3 stars. It already has a dead pixel and I have not had it for long. No improper handling. I haven't even had the monitor for 3 months.
review image review image review image
11 comment59 of 68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 13, 2015
Overall is great! It is very well made, and looks really stylish. I think mine was slightly defective, because it looks extremely washed out white looking. Blacks look almost grey. I spent hours playing with the settings to get it right, but it just continued to look like complete crap honestly. I couldn't stand to look at it anymore, it looks ugly and hurts my eyes. So I contacted Acer support and have now had a service order created to send this monitor in to be looked at and hopefully fixed. I really hope that was not how the monitor naturally looks, because it's bad, severely washed out. I will update this within 10 days if it comes back with the display looking better.

EDIT:
It came back, and they said there is nothing wrong. There clearly is, I bought two of these and both look like crap. Don't believe me? Look at my attached photo and notice washed out crappy display next to my perfect 2007 old 4:3 LCD. What a shame...

Will never make a purchase again, very disappointed
review image
0Comment42 of 48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 9, 2014
I've had this monitor for approximately 2 months now and it is absolutely amazing. The 144Hz refresh rate might seem to some as being too much — my friend said that it's simply unnecessary to have a refresh rate that high. So I let him use my computer for a bit and he could not deny the fact that even movement of the mouse pointer was quite noticeably smoother, not to mention the smoother gameplay; of course his opinion regarding this monitor and the high refresh rate changed afterwards and he now owns one as well.

The 3D functionality, I have not had a chance to try it out yet. I must admit that I am just now beginning to learn how to utilize this feature. I just want to make a note for those who might not be fully informed as well and are deciding on a purchase.

Along w/ this monitor you will need:
- nvidia card w/ 3D support
- set of 3D glasses along with an IR transmitter

The biggest con, for me at least, is that the 3D glasses can be quite expensive.
example: Nvidia 3D Vision 2 Wireless Glasses Kit is listed at $153 and an extra pair of glasses is $80-$100.
It might be worthwhile to look into other brands of 3D glasses if you wish to save some money.
44 comments24 of 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 10, 2015
For the sale price $179 + Free SH for this 27'' LED monitor, is a great price for a great monitor.
I've bought three of these now in the last 2 weeks. Resolution 1920x1080 worked fine for us as expected matching up with my GPU just fine, actually excellent. We've had no dead or stuck pixels, it's very lightweight and thin, has a minimal overall footprint, and the stand works fine for us no problems, and I like the short stance of the whole unit. It has very small built-in speakers though. You can tilt the monitor a little bit if needed. The color and brightness seems great. Comes with a separate Power Supply since it's not built in, has an HDMI Cable, Speaker Mini Cable, VGA Cable not that we need that. It does Not come with a DVI cable which would of been nice though.

Everything seems to work great and for the price I must give it a 5 star.

However to be fair I can come up with two cons I will mention.
1. Yes we all know that we don't get these monitors for their speakers and only use them for system sounds, but I must say this unit has the smallest lowest volume tinny sounding built-in speakers I've ever heard compared to many others; yes I also have nice sounding self-powered speakers and only turn them on when I need them, but that's not the point! I would of much rather pay an extra dollar or two for better built-in speakers that were at least adequate for low quality general use, but these are barely adequate. I really should of deducted One Star for the poor sounding quality speakers but I didn't have the heart since the sale price @ 179 was so right!

2. This Monitors control buttons placement are not so user friendly compared to other monitors. Yes they are adequate, but hard to get to and hard to navigate because of that; however once you set them you won't have to set it again. The only thing I needed to set on this was to turn up the volume to max (not that it helped) ..otherwise everything else was already set just fine and I didn't need to change anything else since it was set to the best values as I tested each setting, but after I was done testing I ended up putting it all back to default (except for the volume)
Once you get used to the placement of the controls and what they do though, it's fine I guess.

All in all besides wishing this unit had a little better quality speakers in it, and wish the controls were are little more accessible, but still I gladly give this unit a 5 Star rating for sure, and did I say for the sale price of $179 free sh, it is so well worth it.

There are a few different model versions for this, so be very mindful of that.
This model is the most expensive however it has the most to offer. (at the sale price though it ended up the best price!)

Here are the Specifications for this Monitor:

Aspect Ratio 16:9
Horizontal Viewing Angle 178°
Vertical Viewing Angle 178°
Backlight Technology LED
Panel Technology Vertical Alignment (VA)
Adjustable Display Tilt Angle - Yes! ...with a Tilt Angle of -5° to +15°

Standard Refresh Rate 60 Hz
Color Supported 16.7 Million Colors
Contrast Ratio 100,000,000:1
Brightness 300 Nit
Also note: http://www.amazon.com/What-maximum-refresh-rate-monitor/forum/Fx1WI58G9PQCL4Z/Tx2B6XQGR469HVP/1/

Audio

Package Contents *G276HL Widescreen LCD Monitor
*1 x HDMI Cable
*Power Cord & Power Adapter
*VGA Cable
*Audio Input Cable (mini-plug)

Green Compliance Certificate/Authority ENERGY STAR
MPR II Standards
44 comments15 of 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 2, 2014
My old Gateway 24" LCD monitor stopped working so I ordered the Acer G246HL based on price and reviews. I have to admit, I'm totally underwhelmed. The screen looks washed out and not crisp. I fiddled with all the settings and could never get a display that was anywhere near what I am accustom to

Update - I am using a windows PC (Windows 7) so I installed the drivers from the acer website and then ran the calibrate color utility (Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display look on the left navigation)in windows 7.

It's much better. Not as good as the Gateway it is replacing but good enough that I don't feel compelled to return it anymore.

I wish is had speakers, though. I had meant to buy a monitor with speakers and forgot to check the specs when I ordered this one. Entirely my fault.

Hope this helps someone.
33 comments20 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 5, 2013
I bought two of these, one for home and an extra one at work. I bought acer because I have an old acer 19" LCD monitor that has worked great for years until it started doing this continuous auto adjust screen thing all the time which started to get annoying. So I bought 2 of these and out of the box the picture looked horrendous. Everything looks like if you were to take a picture into Photoshop and set the opacity to 50%. None of the colors seem clear and everything looks foggy/smokey. This appears both on the one I installed at home and the one at work. If you play around with the tilt angel, things become a little clearer, but this is really unacceptable for a monitor. I've messed around for a couple of hours playing with the brightness/contrast controls, both on the monitor and my NVIDIA settings. I also tried the windows color calibration tool. There was a slight improvement after tweaking these settings for a few hours, but honestly, there is no way I can use this monitor. The faded color simply kills my eyes. Sadly, I bought two of these at the same time and have no way to return them as I purchased them through an allowance at my job. What a waste of my allowance!

After doing a little research online, I think this might simply be a problem with LED back-lit monitors and could be unrelated to the acer brand. I'm going to have to replace at least the one I have at home as just trying to type this text and reading it is straining my eyes on this monitor. I'm going to be sure the one I buy tomorrow is an old traditional LCD with NO LED back-lit what so ever, and I will buy a different brand just to be safe.
11 comment34 of 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 1, 2013
If you just need a larger screen... then go for it. It is great. But if you are trying to do any kind of visual work... video, pictures, graphics... look elsewhere.

Everyone is right about the vertical contrast issue. Though maybe they were dumb... Thought maybe I could just adjust the settings correctly or get the viewing angle right... naw.

As soon as I took it out of the box I took apart the holder and adjusted it so that I could actually TILT the screen. Took a screw driver, some pliers and 10 minutes. DONE.

Plug everything in... It looked horrible... Did my screen calibration... Looked better but still not good enough. I tweeked it for the next week, but I have reached the limits of this screen. I wont be returning it, because it is not broken... I just made a bad purchase. Its not a bad backup screen and thats what it will be.
11 comment12 of 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse